Maximizing Efficiency and Flexibility
Maximizing the efficiency and flexibility of the WS-X4412-2GB-T Cisco 12 Ports Expansion module can be achieved through a combination of proper configuration and effective management. Some tips to maximize efficiency and flexibility of the module include:
- Utilize Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical link, which can provide increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Use VLANs to segment the network into different broadcast domains, which can help to improve security, reduce the risk of broadcast storms and increase flexibility by enabling different security policies for different groups of users.
- Utilize Quality of Service (QoS) features to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Implement Port Security to specify which MAC addresses are allowed to access a specific port, which can help to prevent unauthorized access to your network.
- Use Cisco IOS Software security features such as SSH, SNMPv3, and access control to manage and secure the switch.
- Utilize network management tools such as Cisco Prime to monitor and troubleshoot the module remotely.
- Keep the software updated to the latest version to have a secure and efficient network.
- Regularly review and adjust the configuration to ensure that the module is being used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
Advanced Network Management
Advanced Network Management of WS-X4412-2GB-T Cisco 12 Ports Expansion module can be achieved through the use of various network management tools and protocols. Some key advanced network management capabilities of the module include:
- Cisco IOS Software: Cisco IOS software provides a range of advanced management features such as SSH, SNMPv3, and access control to manage and secure the switch.
- Cisco Prime: Cisco Prime is a network management tool that can be used to monitor and troubleshoot the module remotely. It provides a web-based interface that allows you to manage and configure the switch, view real-time statistics, and generate reports.
- Cisco Network Assistant: Cisco Network Assistant is a free management tool that can be used to manage and configure multiple Cisco switches and routers at the same time. It provides a simple, graphical interface that makes it easy to configure and troubleshoot your network.
- Cisco Smart Install: Cisco Smart Install is a feature that allows you to easily configure and manage new switches in your network. It enables zero-touch deployment of new switches by allowing you to configure the switch through the network, without requiring manual configuration on the switch itself.
- Cisco EnergyWise: Cisco EnergyWise is a power management solution that allows you to monitor, measure, and control energy usage of your network devices in order to reduce energy costs and improve energy efficiency.
- Cisco Embedded Event Manager (EEM): Cisco EEM is a powerful event management tool that allows you to automate network management tasks and respond to network events in real-time.
Security and Access Control
The WS-X4412-2GB-T Cisco 12 Ports Expansion module has a number of security and access control features that can be configured to protect your network. Some key security and access control features of the module include:
- Port Security: Port security allows you to specify which MAC addresses are allowed to access a specific port on the switch. This can help to prevent unauthorized access to your network by ensuring that only known devices are able to connect to the switch.
- VLAN Access Control Lists (ACLs): VLAN ACLs allow you to specify which traffic is allowed or denied on a specific VLAN. This can be used to create more secure VLANs by restricting access to only authorized users and devices.
- IEEE 802.1X: IEEE 802.1X is a standard for port-based network access control that allows you to authenticate users and devices before they are granted access to the network. This can be used to create a more secure network by ensuring that only authorized users and devices are able to connect to the switch.
- SSH and SNMPv3: SSH and SNMPv3 are secure protocols that can be used to remotely manage and configure the switch. SSH provides a secure channel for remote management and configuration, while SNMPv3 provides secure access to switch statistics and other data.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): Access Control Lists (ACLs) allow you to specify which traffic is allowed or denied on a specific interface on the switch. This can be used to create more secure interfaces by restricting access to only authorized users and devices.
- Cisco IOS Firewall: Cisco IOS Firewall is a stateful firewall that can be used to protect your network from unauthorized access and other security threats.
- Cisco IOS IPS: Cisco IOS IPS is an intrusion detection and prevention system that can be used to detect and block malicious traffic on your network.
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-X4412-2GB-T
- Product Type: Switch
- Enclosure Type Plug-in module
- Interfaces Gigabit Ethernet
- Compatible Slots 1 x expansion slot
- Ports 12 x 10/100/1000 + 2 x GBIC
- Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3z
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 12 x 1000Base-TX - RJ-45 2 x GBIC
- Cisco Catalyst 4003, 4006
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.