Performance and Throughput Capabilities
The A9K-RSP-8G Cisco Route Switch Processor (RSP) with 8G Memory Card is a high-performance routing platform designed for service providers and large enterprise networks. It is a modular card that can be inserted into the Cisco ASR 9000 Series routers, providing advanced routing capabilities and increased system memory.
In terms of performance and throughput, the A9K-RSP-8G offers a number of features that enable it to handle large amounts of traffic and deliver high-speed connectivity.
- High-Speed Packet Processing: The A9K-RSP-8G is equipped with a powerful multi-core processor that enables it to handle a large number of packets per second (PPS) and perform advanced packet processing functions such as deep packet inspection and Quality of Service (QoS) marking.
- Line-Rate Forwarding: The A9K-RSP-8G supports line-rate forwarding on all interfaces, which means it can forward packets at the maximum speed supported by the interface without any packet loss.
- High-Density Interface Support: The A9K-RSP-8G supports a wide range of interface types, including Ethernet, fiber channel, and SONET/SDH, and can accommodate a large number of interfaces in a single chassis.
- Flexible Networking: With the A9K-RSP-8G, service providers can easily implement a variety of network topologies and protocols, such as MPLS, VPLS, EVPN, and IPv6.
- The 8G Memory Card provides additional memory, which can be used to store routing tables, packet buffers, and other data required for advanced routing functionality. This helps to improve performance and scalability of the system.
Network Automation and Programmability
The A9K-RSP-8G Cisco Route Switch Processor (RSP) with 8G Memory Card is designed to support network automation and programmability, which enables service providers and large enterprise networks to streamline network management and operations, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Network automation: The A9K-RSP-8G supports a variety of automation features that can be used to automate network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting tasks. For example, the router can be configured to automatically adjust to changing network conditions, such as link failures or congestion, to ensure that traffic is always directed over the best path. Additionally, the router can be configured to automatically generate alarms and notifications when certain conditions are met.
- Network programmability: The A9K-RSP-8G supports a number of programmability features that allow network administrators to automate network management and operations using scripting languages such as Python and Tcl, as well as using network automation frameworks like Ansible, Puppet, and Chef. This enables network administrators to easily automate repetitive tasks, such as configuring new devices or troubleshooting network issues.
- Open Config and YANG: The A9K-RSP-8G supports open config and YANG data models, which enables the router to be easily integrated with other devices in the network, such as controllers or automation tools, using standard APIs. This allows for easier automation and management of network devices and helps to improve network scalability.
- Network Virtualization: The A9K-RSP-8G supports network virtualization through the use of technologies like MPLS and VXLAN, which allows service providers to create multiple virtual networks on top of a common physical infrastructure. This enables them to provide more flexible and efficient services to their customers.
Power consumption and Power Options
The A9K-RSP-8G Cisco Route Switch Processor (RSP) with 8G Memory Card is designed to be energy-efficient, which helps to reduce power consumption and operating costs.
- Power consumption: The A9K-RSP-8G has a low power consumption, which helps to reduce energy costs and increase the overall efficiency of the network. The exact power consumption of the A9K-RSP-8G depends on several factors, such as the number of interfaces and the types of modules that are installed in the router.
- Power options: The A9K-RSP-8G supports several power options, which can be used to configure the router to operate in an energy-efficient manner. For example, the router can be configured to automatically adjust power levels based on network traffic, to ensure that power is only consumed when it is needed. Additionally, the router can be configured to automatically enter a low-power state when it is not in use, which helps to further reduce energy costs.
- Power redundancy: The A9K-RSP-8G supports power redundancy, which can be used to ensure that the router continues to operate even if one of its power supplies fails. This can be achieved by installing a redundant power supply in the router, which automatically takes over if the primary power supply fails.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The A9K-RSP-8G supports PoE, which allows the router to supply power to other devices, such as IP phones or wireless access points, over the Ethernet cable. This eliminates the need for separate power supplies for these devices, which helps to reduce power consumption and operating costs.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number A9K-RSP-8G
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Type Router Module
- Wide Area Network
Interfaces / Ports
- Not Applicable
- Interfaces/Ports Details:
- 2 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Network Management, 1 x Console Management, 1 x Auxiliary Management, 1 x RJ-45 Connector, 1 x USB
- I/O Expansions
- Expansion Slots:
- 1 x CompactFlash Card Slot
- Physical Characteristics
- ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Router
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product A9K-RSP-8G at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.