Management of Network Bandwidth
The Cisco ASR-920U-12SZ-IM router supports several features that can be used to manage network bandwidth.
One of the main features is Quality of Service (QoS), which allows administrators to assign different levels of priority to different types of traffic. This can be used to ensure that critical traffic, such as voice and video, is given priority over less critical traffic, such as email and web browsing. QoS can be configured using the Cisco IOS XE command-line interface (CLI) or Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) web-based management tool.
Another feature that can be used to manage network bandwidth is traffic shaping. Traffic shaping allows administrators to control the rate at which traffic is transmitted on a specific interface. This can be used to ensure that bandwidth-intensive applications do not consume too much bandwidth, causing other traffic to be delayed.
The router also supports Class-Based Queueing (CBQ) which allows to classify traffic and assign different queues to different traffic classes. This can be used to ensure that critical traffic is given priority over less critical traffic.
Additionally, the router also supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) which allows to define a committed rate for each interface, making sure that the traffic rate does not exceed the defined rate and avoiding congestion on the network.
Advanced Routing Protocols
The Cisco ASR920 Series 1 IM Slot Router (ASR-920U-12SZ-IM) supports several advanced routing protocols that are designed to improve the efficiency and accuracy of data packet routing in a network.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): BGP is a routing protocol that is used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (AS). BGP is commonly used in service provider networks to connect multiple customer networks.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): OSPF is a link-state routing protocol that is used to distribute routing information within a single autonomous system. OSPF calculates the shortest path to a destination using a link-state database, which is shared among all routers in the autonomous system.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): EIGRP is a Cisco proprietary routing protocol that is similar to OSPF. EIGRP uses both distance-vector and link-state algorithms to determine the best path to a destination.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) :RIP is a distance-vector routing protocol that is used to distribute routing information within a single autonomous system. RIP uses hop count as the metric to determine the best path to a destination.
The ASR-920U-12SZ-IM also supports Quality of Service (QoS) features that allow network administrators to prioritize and manage network traffic. This feature is useful for ensuring that critical network traffic, such as VoIP or video streaming, is given priority over less critical traffic, such as file transfers.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
Troubleshooting and maintenance of the Cisco ASR920 Series 1 IM Slot Router (ASR-920U-12SZ-IM) involve several steps and tools to ensure the smooth operation of the router and network.
- Monitoring the router's status and performance: The Cisco IOS Software provides various commands and tools such as show commands and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to monitor the status and performance of the router.
- Error and Event Logging: The router also provides logging feature that can be configured to record system messages and events, these log can be viewed locally or remotely to detect and troubleshoot issues.
- Firmware Upgrade: Keeping the router's firmware up to date can fix known bugs and improve the router's performance. The Cisco IOS Software Upgrade feature allows network administrators to upgrade the router's firmware.
- Backing up and restoring the router's configuration: Regularly backing up the router's configuration can be useful in case the router's configuration is lost or corrupted. The Cisco IOS Software provides the capability to backup and restore the router's configuration.
- Physical maintenance: Regularly inspecting and cleaning the router's physical components can help to prevent issues caused by dust or other debris. This includes checking for proper ventilation, inspecting the power supply and cables, and cleaning the router's chassis.
- Scheduling regular maintenance: Regularly scheduled maintenance can help to prevent issues from occurring and can also be used to perform routine tasks such as backups and firmware upgrades.
It is always recommended to have a proper maintenance plan in place and to have a thorough understanding of the Cisco IOS Software and the router's hardware before attempting to troubleshoot or perform maintenance on the router.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number : ASR-920U-12SZ-IM
- Brand Name : Cisco
- Cisco ASR920 Series - 12GE and 4-10GE, 1 IM slot.
- Form Factor :Rack-mountable
- Connectivity Technology :Wired
- Data Link Protocol :Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Features :Fan tray, Front to back airflow
- Expansion Slots :1 (total) / 1 (free) x expansion slot
- Interfaces :USB: 1 x 4 pin USB Type A, Management: 1 x, USB: 1 x console - 4 pin USB Type A, 4 x 1000Base-X - SFP (mini-GBIC), 1 x auxiliary, 8 x 1000Base-T (PoE) - RJ-45, 4 x 10GBase-X - SFP+
Please contact us over the phone or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the estimated time of arrival for any "lead time required" item.
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASR-920U-12SZ-IM at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.