Network connectivity options for Wireless Access Point
The Cisco Aironet 1572EC Wireless Access Point provides several network connectivity options to suit different environments and network requirements. The network connectivity options of AIR-AP1572EC1-K-K9 Cisco Aironet 1572EC Wireless Access Point include:
- Ethernet Connectivity: The access point has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for power and network connectivity. One port can be used for connection to the network switch while the other can be used for redundant or backup connectivity.
- Mesh Networking: The access point can be used in a mesh network environment where wireless connectivity is needed in areas where there is no Ethernet infrastructure. Mesh networking allows the access points to communicate with each other and form a wireless backhaul network to provide connectivity.
- Wireless Bridge: The access point can also be used as a wireless bridge to connect remote locations to the network. The wireless bridge mode allows the access point to connect to another access point or bridge device to provide network connectivity.
- Point-to-Multipoint Bridge: The access point can also be configured in point-to-multipoint bridge mode, where it can connect to multiple remote locations simultaneously. This allows the access point to provide network connectivity to multiple remote locations from a single point.
The AIR-AP1572EC1-K-K9 Cisco Aironet 1572EC Wireless Access Point is designed to provide robust security features to ensure the safety and confidentiality of the network data. The security features of the access point include:
- IEEE 802.11i Security: The access point supports the IEEE 802.11i security standard, which provides enhanced security features such as Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption, WPA2, and 802.1X authentication.
- Rogue AP Detection: The access point can detect and identify rogue access points that are not part of the network infrastructure. This feature ensures that only authorized devices are allowed to access the network.
- MAC Filtering: The access point can be configured to allow or deny access based on the MAC address of the device. This feature can help prevent unauthorized devices from accessing the network.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The access point can be configured with ACLs to control network traffic and restrict access to certain resources. This feature can help prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Management Frame Protection: The access point supports Management Frame Protection (MFP), which helps protect against forged management frames that can be used for denial-of-service attacks.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention: The access point can be configured to detect and prevent various types of network attacks, including rogue clients, denial-of-service attacks, and other forms of intrusion.
Configuration and management
The configuration and management of the Cisco Aironet 1572EC Wireless Access Point involves several steps, including initial setup, configuration, and ongoing management. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to configure and manage the AIR-AP1572EC1-K-K9 Cisco Aironet 1572EC Wireless Access Point:
- Initial Setup: Connect the access point to the network and power it on. The access point will boot up and obtain an IP address from the DHCP server. Once the access point has an IP address, access the web-based GUI to configure it.
- Configuration: Log in to the web-based GUI using the default username and password. Configure the basic settings, such as the SSID, security settings, and IP address. The access point can be configured in different modes, including autonomous mode, controller-based mode, or mesh mode. Choose the mode that best suits your network requirements.
- Security Settings: Configure the security settings for the access point, such as WPA2 encryption, MAC filtering, and firewall rules.
- VLAN Configuration: If VLANs are being used, configure the VLAN settings on the access point. The VLAN configuration will allow different user groups to be separated and have different access levels.
- Management: Once the access point is configured, it can be managed using the Cisco Wireless Controller or the Cisco Mobility Express solution. The controller allows for centralized management of multiple access points and provides advanced features such as RF optimization, rogue access point detection, and guest access.
- Firmware Updates: Regularly update the firmware of the access point to ensure that it has the latest security patches and features. The firmware update can be done using the web-based GUI or the Cisco Wireless Controller.
- Manufacturer Part Number AIR-AP1572EC1-K-K9
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Wireless 1.27GBPS
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Type Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac
- Frequency Band 2.40 GHz
- 5 GHz
- Wireless Transmission Speed 1.27 Gbit/s
- MIMO Technology Yes
- Beamforming Technology Yes
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- PoE PD Port Yes
- VGA No
- HDMI No
- USB No
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
About Refurbished Products
A wireless network connection allows users to connect their server, computer, or mobile phone networks without the use of any kind of wire cables.
Using a wireless network, enterprises and private owners are able to avoid the expensive and strenuous process of installing cables. There is no need for wired devices between equipment in different locations and into the buildings.
Wireless network router, for example, allows for simultaneous connection sharing between various wireless accessories for a better performance experience. Wireless networks make use of radio waves to allow devices to connect. They can connect devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and smart televisions to the internet or other applications.
When users have their wireless devices connected to Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, the connection remains established to that particular business network. While installing a new wireless networking device in homes or offices, users must consider several things. One of the most important ones is the unit's compatibility with other wireless accessories
Wireless Networking Devices
Fast and reliable internet connectivity is guaranteed when users pick the right set of networking devices for home and office networks. Wireless devices come in different varieties. These different types of networking devices only function to suit users' connectivity requirements. Wireless routers connect devices to the internet for high-quality streaming and surfing. They also improve users' streaming experience and other internet activities.
In most cases, wireless networking devices help users get their work done easily with lesser stress. They ensure fast and reliable internet connectivity at all times.
You can choose the right device for your needs from a wide selection of AllHDD wireless devices. We have new and refurbished devices like 1 to 8-port interface cards, external 3G and 4G modems, wireless access points with the speed range from 11MBps up to 5.2GBps and everything in between.
Main Types of Wireless Networks
There are four main types of wireless networks:
Wireless Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network links two or more devices using a wireless connection method. It provides a connection via access points to a wider internet. Wi-Fi is the most commonly known and used wireless LAN type.
A local-area network is one that exists at a single location—an office building, for instance. LANs can be used to connect a wide array of accessories, such as scanners, printers, and even data storage devices.
The known components of LANs include switches, access points, routers, firewalls, and Ethernet cables.
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
A metropolitan-area network is one that spreads across a city, small geographical area, business area, or even college campuses. One distinguishing factor that differentiates MANs from LAN is the coverage capacity or size. LANs usually provide a network for a building or specific area.
While MANs, on the other hand, covers several square miles depending on the desires and requirements of the organization using it. Large scale companies often obtain MANs to level up with their needs.
This happens most especially in situations whereby a company has a spacious organization. Then, they have the need to manage important components such as climate control and electrical systems.
Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)
A wide-area network covers an incredibly vast area. It can be a whole city, an entire state, or even a country. The internet everyone uses today is an apt example of WAN access. Just like the internet, a WAN consists of smaller networks, such as the LANs or MANs.
The cellular service we get on our mobile devices today is the most commonly known example of wireless Wide Area Networks. It is always available everywhere we go within the country.
Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN)
Personal-area networks consist of a network mainly concentrated around the devices of a single person in a particular location.
A PAN could have a mobile phone, computers, video game consoles, or other auxiliary devices. They are regular home devices and small office devices. A well-known example of a wireless PAN is Bluetooth.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.