Routing and Switching Protocols
The Cisco SG300-10MPP-K9-NA Small Business SG300-10MPP PoE Layer 3 Manageable Switch supports a variety of routing and switching protocols to provide advanced Layer 3 management capabilities and efficient traffic routing. Some of the key routing and switching protocols supported by the switch include:
- Static routing: The switch supports static routing, which allows you to manually configure routes for specific destinations. This can be useful in small networks or for providing backup routes.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP): The switch supports RIP, which is a distance-vector routing protocol that uses hop count as a routing metric. RIP is simple to configure and can be used in small to medium-sized networks.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): The switch supports OSPF, which is a link-state routing protocol that uses a shortest path first (SPF) algorithm to calculate routes. OSPF is a more advanced and powerful routing protocol than RIP and is commonly used in larger networks.
- IPv6 host and neighbor discovery: The switch supports IPv6 host and neighbor discovery, which allows it to automatically discover and maintain reachability information for other IPv6 hosts and routers on the network.
- Virtual Stacking: The switch supports virtual stacking which allows you to manage a group of switches as a single entity. This feature provides a centralized management interface that simplifies the administration of a large network.
Efficient Network Management
The Cisco SG300-10MPP-K9-NA Small Business SG300-10MPP PoE Layer 3 Manageable Switch provides several features to help you manage your network more efficiently:
- Web-based management interface: The switch includes a web-based management interface that allows you to easily configure and manage the switch from any device with a web browser.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows you to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Port Trunking: The switch supports LACP and port trunking, which allow you to bundle multiple physical ports together to create a single logical link. This can provide increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- VLANs: The switch supports VLANs, which allow you to segment your network into smaller, more manageable subnets. This can improve security and help to reduce network congestion.
- Port Mirroring: The switch supports port mirroring, which allows you to copy the traffic from one port to another for monitoring and analysis. This can be useful for troubleshooting and monitoring network performance.
- SNMP: The switch supports SNMP, which allows you to remotely monitor and manage the switch using a management software.
- Firmware Upgrade: The switch allows you to easily upgrade the firmware to the latest version to ensure that you have the latest features and security updates.
- Auto Voice VLAN: The switch also supports the Auto Voice VLAN feature, which allows the switch to automatically place IP phones on a separate VLAN for improved voice traffic management.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The Cisco SG300-10MPP-K9-NA Small Business SG300-10MPP PoE Layer 3 Manageable Switch provides several Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities to help you prioritize different types of network traffic:
- Class of Service (CoS): The switch uses CoS to assign a priority level to different types of traffic based on the Layer 2 header information. This can be used to ensure that important traffic such as voice and video is given priority over less critical traffic such as email and web browsing.
- Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP): The switch uses DSCP to assign a priority level to different types of traffic based on the Layer 3 IP header information. This can be used to ensure that important traffic such as voice and video is given priority over less critical traffic such as email and web browsing.
- Port-based priority: The switch supports port-based priority, which allows you to assign a priority level to specific ports. This can be useful for prioritizing traffic from specific devices or applications.
- Priority Queuing: The switch supports priority queuing, which allows you to assign different priority levels to different queues. This can help to ensure that important traffic is transmitted first, reducing delays and jitter.
- Weighted Round Robin (WRR): The switch supports WRR, which allows you to assign different weights to different queues. This can help to ensure that more important traffic is transmitted more frequently than less important traffic.
- Traffic Shaping and Policing: The switch supports traffic shaping and policing, which allows you to control the rate at which traffic is transmitted, preventing network congestion.
General Information about this Cisco SG300-10MPP-K9-NA
- Manufacturer : Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# SG300-10MPP-K9-NA
- Product Series: 300
- Product Model: SG300-10MPP
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
Technical Information of 10 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 10
- Number of PoE+ (RJ-45) Ports: 8
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 2
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 10 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance for Layer 3 Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
I/O Expansions of Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Layer Supported: 3
- Manageable: Yes
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: No
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
Dimensions & Weight
- Height : 1.5 Inch
- Width : 11 Inch
- Depth : 6.7 Inch
- Weight : 2.73 Lbs
- SG300-10MPP 10-Port Gigabit Max PoE+ Managed Switch
- Power Cord
- Mounting Kit
- Serial Cable
- CD-ROM with User Documentation (PDF)
- Quick Start Guide
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SG300-10MPP-K9-NA at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.