Maximizing Efficiency and Flexibility
The EPA-10X10GE Cisco ASR1000 10-ports 10GE Ethernet Port Adapter is a high-performance network interface card (NIC) that provides 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) connectivity for Cisco ASR1000 routers. To maximize the efficiency and flexibility of this NIC, you can take several steps:
- Utilize Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize and manage traffic flow on the network. This can help prevent congestion and ensure that critical traffic, such as voice and video, is given priority over less important traffic.
- Configure link aggregation to increase the bandwidth and provide redundancy in case of a link failure. Link aggregation allows you to combine multiple ports into a single logical link, which can improve network performance and reliability.
- Implement Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) to segment the network and improve security. VRF allows you to create multiple virtual routers within the same physical device, which can help to isolate different types of traffic and improve security.
- Use the Cisco Network Services Headend (NSH) feature to perform advanced network services such as traffic engineering, security, and monitoring. NSH allows you to perform advanced network services such as traffic engineering, security, and monitoring on the same device, which can help to improve network performance and security.
- Use the Cisco Embedded Event Manager (EEM) to automate network tasks and respond to network events. EEM allows you to automate network tasks and respond to network events, which can help to improve network efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Keep the firmware and software up to date to ensure compatibility and take advantage of new features and bug fixes. Regularly updating the firmware and software of your device can help to ensure compatibility and take advantage of new features and bug fixes.
- Monitor the performance of the device regularly to identify and troubleshoot any issues. Regularly monitoring the performance of your device can help you to identify and troubleshoot any issues that may arise, which can help to improve network efficiency and reduce downtime.
Routing and Switching Protocols
Routing protocols are used to determine the best path for data to travel from one network to another. The Cisco ASR1000 10-Ports 10GE Ethernet Port Adapter (EPA-10X10GE) supports several different routing protocols, including:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): A routing protocol used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (AS). BGP is typically used in service provider networks to connect to other service providers or to connect to the Internet.
- Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP): A Cisco proprietary routing protocol that is used to exchange routing information within a single autonomous system. IGRP is being phased out in favor of Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS): A routing protocol used to exchange routing information within a single autonomous system. IS-IS is often used in large enterprise networks and in service provider networks.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): A routing protocol used to exchange routing information within a single autonomous system. OSPF is a link-state protocol, which means it keeps a database of the entire topology of the network and calculates the best path based on that information.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP): A distance-vector routing protocol that uses hop count as a metric to determine the best path. RIP is a relatively simple protocol and is often used in small or home networks.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): A Cisco proprietary routing protocol that is based on the Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP). EIGRP is a more advanced protocol than IGRP and is used to exchange routing information within a single autonomous system.
In addition to routing protocols, the EPA-10X10GE also supports several switching protocols, which are used to control the flow of data within a single network. These include:
- Virtual LAN (VLAN): A method of creating multiple logical networks on a single physical network. VLANs allow for segmentation of a network, which can improve security and performance.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): A protocol used to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): A protocol used to prevent loops in a network by blocking certain links.
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP): An evolution of STP that converges faster.
- Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP): A protocol used to create multiple spanning tree instances in a single VLAN.
- Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) and Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS): Protocols used to create virtual private networks (VPNs) over a public infrastructure, allowing for secure communication between remote sites.
- Quality of Service (QoS): A set of techniques used to manage and prioritize network traffic, allowing for a better user experience.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): A set of rules used to filter and control network traffic based on specific criteria, such as IP address or port number.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco ASR1000 10-Ports 10GE Ethernet Port Adapter (EPA-10X10GE) has several features and benefits that make it a valuable addition to the Cisco ASR1000 Series routers:
- High-speed connectivity: The EPA-10X10GE provides 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, allowing for high-speed connectivity to other devices and networks. This makes it ideal for use in data centers, service provider networks, and other high-bandwidth environments.
- Flexibility: The EPA-10X10GE supports a wide range of routing and switching protocols, making it suitable for use in a variety of network environments.
- Scalability: The EPA-10X10GE can be used in conjunction with other Cisco ASR1000 Series routers, allowing for easy scalability as network requirements change.
- Resilience: The EPA-10X10GE supports link aggregation, which allows for the bundling of multiple physical links to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The EPA-10X10GE supports QoS, which allows for the management and prioritization of network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Security: The EPA-10X10GE supports access control lists (ACLs), which can be used to filter and control network traffic based on specific criteria, such as IP address or port number.
- Easy management: The EPA-10X10GE can be easily managed and configured using Cisco IOS Software, making it simple to set up and maintain.
General Information about this Cisco EPA-10X10GE
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# EPA-10X10GE
- Product Name: ASR1000 10GbE Ethernet 10 Port Adapter
- Product Type: 10 Port Adapter
Technical Information of Cisco Port Adapter
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 10
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
Media & Performance for Cisco Ethernet Adapter
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10GBase-X
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.