Advanced Networking Capabilities
The WS-X6724-SFP= Cisco Catalyst 24 Ports Mixed Media Gigabit Ethernet Module Switch provides advanced networking capabilities to support the needs of large and complex networks. Some of the key advanced networking capabilities of this module include:
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs): This feature allows for the creation of secure, encrypted connections between remote networks, providing secure remote access to network resources.
- Network Address Translation (NAT): This feature allows for the translation of private IP addresses to public IP addresses, allowing for the sharing of a single public IP address among multiple devices.
- Network Time Protocol (NTP): This feature allows for the synchronization of network devices' clocks, ensuring accurate time-stamping of network events.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): This feature allows for the monitoring and management of network devices, providing visibility into network performance and availability.
- NetFlow: This feature allows for the collection and analysis of network traffic data, providing insight into network usage and performance.
- Quality of Service (QoS): This feature allows for the prioritization of different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): This feature allows for the creation of link aggregation groups, which can increase the available bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Security features: This feature allows for the protection of network devices and data, including features such as firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and VPNs.
Power Options and Redundancy
The WS-X6724-SFP= Cisco Catalyst 24 Ports Mixed Media Gigabit Ethernet Module Switch supports a variety of power options and redundancy features to ensure high availability and reliability of network operations.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): This feature allows the switch to provide power to connected devices, such as IP phones and wireless access points, over the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for separate power cables.
- Redundant Power Supply (RPS): This feature allows for the use of two power supplies in a switch, providing redundancy in case of a power supply failure.
- Hot-swappable Power Supplies: This feature allows for the replacement of a power supply without shutting down the switch, providing minimal disruption to network operations.
- Power Injector: This feature allows for the provision of power over Ethernet to devices that are not capable of Power over Ethernet.
- Power Dissipation: This module has a power dissipation of 130W
- Redundant Supervisor Engine: This feature allows for the use of two supervisor engines in a switch, providing redundancy in case of a supervisor engine failure, ensuring that the switch continues to operate even if one of the supervisor engines fails.
The model Cisco Catalyst 6500 24-Ports Mixed Media Gigabit Ethernet Module is compliant with a variety of industry standards, which ensure its compatibility and interoperability with other network devices. Some of the key standards that the module complies with are:
- IEEE 802.3: This is the standard for Ethernet, which defines the physical and data link layers of the OSI model. The module supports 10/100/1000Mbps speeds and supports full-duplex and half-duplex operation modes.
- IEEE 802.1Q: This is the standard for VLAN tagging, which allows for the creation of multiple virtual LANs on a single physical network. The module supports VLAN tagging and allows for the creation of up to 4,094 VLANs.
- IEEE 802.3x: This is the standard for flow control, which allows for the regulation of network traffic to prevent network congestion. The module supports IEEE 802.3x flow control, which helps to maintain network performance during heavy traffic.
- IEEE 802.1p: This is the standard for Quality of Service (QoS), which allows for prioritization of different types of network traffic. The module supports IEEE 802.1p, which allows for the classification and prioritization of network traffic based on CoS, ToS, and DSCP.
- SFP MSA: This is the Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) for small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceivers, which defines the mechanical, electrical, and optical interface specifications. The module supports SFP and SFP+ transceiver modules, which allows for flexible deployment options.
By complying with these standards, the WS-X6724-SFP= module ensures its compatibility with other network devices and allows for seamless integration into existing networks.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: WS-X6724-SFP=
- Product Name: Catalyst 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Switching Module
- Product Type: Switching Module
- Application/Usage: Switching Network
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 24
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Package Contents
- Catalyst 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Switching Module
- Catalyst 6500 256MB DDR, xCEF720 (67xx interface, DFC3A) (MEM-XCEF720-256M)
- Catalyst 6500 Central Fwd Card for WS-X67xx modules (WS-F6700-CFC)
- Primary Applications: High Performance distribution, core layer and data center
- Interface Module Class:CEF720
- Queues per Port (Tx = Transmit, Rx = Receive): Tx-1p3q8T,Rx-1q8T, (2q8T when using dCEF)
- Scheduler:Weighted Round Robin
- Buffer Size per port: Rx-166KB,Tx-1.17MB
- WS-X6724-SFP= supports single 20-Gbps channel connection (20Gbps total) to switch fabric on Supervisor Engine 720; all other 67xx interface modules feature dual 20-Gbps channel connection to the switch fabric
- Cisco Catalyst 6506
- Cisco Catalyst 6509
- Cisco Catalyst 6509-NEB-A
- Cisco Catalyst 6513
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor Hot-pluggable
- Height 1.2 Inch
- Width 14.4 Inch
- Depth 16 Inch
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X6724-SFP= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.