Introduction to the 24 Ports Switch
The WS-X6724-SFP= is a Cisco Catalyst module switch that provides 24 ports for connectivity. It is designed to support both copper and fiber connections, allowing for flexibility in network design and deployment. The module supports Gigabit Ethernet speeds, providing high-speed connectivity for enterprise and service provider networks. It is designed for use in Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 series switches and is a hot-swappable module, meaning it can be added or removed from the switch without disrupting the operation of the network.
The module is commonly used to provide high-speed connectivity and advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). QoS allows for the prioritization of different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth. LACP allows for the creation of link aggregation groups, which can increase the available bandwidth and provide redundancy.
Features and Benefits
The WS-X6724-SFP= is a high-performance and reliable module for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches. It offers a non-blocking, wire-speed performance for all 24 ports, allowing for maximum throughput and minimal latency. The module supports advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features such as Class of Service (CoS), Type of Service (ToS), and Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) to ensure that critical network traffic is given priority over less important traffic.
In terms of reliability, the module has built-in redundancy features such as Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) to ensure that there is no interruption in service in case of a failure. It also supports Cisco's proprietary StackWise technology that allows for the creation of a virtual switch with multiple physical switches for increased redundancy and scalability. Additionally, the module supports Cisco's Nonstop Forwarding (NSF) and Nonstop Forwarding with Stateful Switchover (NSF/SSO) features that allow for continuous network operation during a switchover.
The module also support hardware based switching which is highly efficient and reliable. It support hardware based QoS, access control list and many more. It's also support hardware based redundancy which is faster than software based redundancy.
Advanced Routing and Switching
The WS-X6724-SFP= Cisco Catalyst 24 Ports Mixed Media Gigabit Ethernet Module Switch supports advanced routing and switching features to provide a high level of flexibility and control over network traffic. Some of the key advanced routing and switching features of this module include:
- Quality of Service (QoS): This feature allows for the prioritization of different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): This feature allows for the creation of link aggregation groups, which can increase the available bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): This feature allows for the creation of multiple virtual LANs on a single physical network, providing increased security and segmentation of network traffic.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): This feature allows for the creation of rules to control and filter network traffic based on various criteria such as IP address, protocol, and port number.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): This feature allows for the routing of traffic between different autonomous systems, providing a scalable and reliable solution for large and complex networks.
- Multicast: This feature allows for the efficient and efficient distribution of a single multicast stream to multiple recipients, it is optimized for IPTV and video conferencing applications.
- IPv6: This feature allows for the support of IPv6 addresses, providing a scalable solution for the increasing number of connected devices.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: WS-X6724-SFP=
- Product Name: Catalyst 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Switching Module
- Product Type: Switching Module
- Application/Usage: Switching Network
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 24
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Package Contents
- Catalyst 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Switching Module
- Catalyst 6500 256MB DDR, xCEF720 (67xx interface, DFC3A) (MEM-XCEF720-256M)
- Catalyst 6500 Central Fwd Card for WS-X67xx modules (WS-F6700-CFC)
- Primary Applications: High Performance distribution, core layer and data center
- Interface Module Class:CEF720
- Queues per Port (Tx = Transmit, Rx = Receive): Tx-1p3q8T,Rx-1q8T, (2q8T when using dCEF)
- Scheduler:Weighted Round Robin
- Buffer Size per port: Rx-166KB,Tx-1.17MB
- WS-X6724-SFP= supports single 20-Gbps channel connection (20Gbps total) to switch fabric on Supervisor Engine 720; all other 67xx interface modules feature dual 20-Gbps channel connection to the switch fabric
- Cisco Catalyst 6506
- Cisco Catalyst 6509
- Cisco Catalyst 6509-NEB-A
- Cisco Catalyst 6513
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor Hot-pluggable
- Height 1.2 Inch
- Width 14.4 Inch
- Depth 16 Inch
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X6724-SFP= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.