Network Segmentation and Access Control
Network segmentation and access control are important security measures that can be used to protect the network from various threats. The Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router (ISR) offers several features that can be used to segment and control access to the network, including:
- VLANs: Virtual LANs (VLANs) can be used to segment the network into different logical subnets. This allows different groups of users and devices to be isolated from one another, reducing the risk of network-borne threats.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): Access Control Lists (ACLs) can be used to control access to the network based on various criteria, such as source and destination IP addresses, ports, and protocols. For example, an ACL can be used to block all incoming traffic from a specific IP address or range of addresses.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): The Cisco 2911 router supports several VPN protocols, including IPsec, SSL, and L2TP, which can be used to create secure connections between remote networks. This allows remote users to access the network securely, while also isolating them from the rest of the network.
- Firewall features: The Cisco 2911 router supports the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewall feature set, which provides advanced firewall capabilities such as stateful inspection and intrusion prevention. These features can be used to block malicious traffic and protect the network from various threats.
- Network Address Translation (NAT): This feature allows the router to translate private IP addresses to public IP addresses, which can help to hide the internal network from external threats.
- Management access control: The Cisco 2911 router supports multiple levels of access control, including local and remote authentication, and can be configured to use TACACS+ and RADIUS for centralized management of user access.
Configuration and Management
The Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router (ISR) can be configured and managed using a variety of methods, including the following:
- Cisco IOS Software: The Cisco 2911 router runs the Cisco IOS Software, which is a command-line interface (CLI) that can be used to configure and manage the router. The CLI provides a wide range of commands that can be used to configure various aspects of the router, such as interfaces, routing protocols, and security features.
- Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP): Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) is a graphical user interface (GUI) that can be used to configure and manage the Cisco 2911 router. CCP provides an easy-to-use interface for configuring common router features, such as interfaces, routing protocols, and security features.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Cisco Prime Infrastructure is a network management platform that can be used to manage and monitor Cisco devices, including the Cisco 2911 router. Prime Infrastructure provides a web-based interface that can be used to configure and manage the router, as well as monitor network performance and troubleshoot issues.
- SNMP: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) can be used to monitor the performance and status of the Cisco 2911 router. SNMP can be used to retrieve information about the router's interfaces, routing protocols, and security features, as well as to receive alerts when certain conditions occur.
- Remote access: The Cisco 2911 router can be configured to allow remote access using SSH or Telnet, which allows network administrators to access the router's CLI remotely.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router (ISR) provides several Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities that can be used to prioritize and manage network traffic. Some of the key QoS capabilities of the Cisco 2911 router include:
- Traffic classification: The Cisco 2911 router can classify network traffic based on various criteria, such as IP address, port, protocol, and DSCP (Differentiated Services Code Point) values. This allows the router to apply different QoS policies to different types of traffic.
- Queuing: The Cisco 2911 router supports several queuing mechanisms, such as priority queuing, custom queuing, and weighted fair queuing, which can be used to prioritize different types of traffic.
- Congestion management: The Cisco 2911 router supports several congestion management mechanisms, such as tail drop, random early detection (RED), and weighted RED (WRED), which can be used to manage network congestion and prevent packet loss.
- Shaping and policing: The Cisco 2911 router supports traffic shaping and policing mechanisms, which can be used to limit the rate of traffic that is sent or received on an interface.
- Link fragmentation and interleaving (LFI): LFI can be used to fragment large packets into smaller ones and interleave them with smaller packets, which can help to improve network performance and reduce delay.
- Differentiated Services (DiffServ): Diffserv is a method of classifying and managing network traffic based on the DSCP values in the IP header. The Cisco 2911 router supports DiffServ and can be configured to apply different QoS policies to traffic with different DSCP values.
General Information about this Cisco CISCO2911/K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CISCO2911/K9
- Product Series: 2900
- Product Model: 2911
- Product Name: 2911 Integrated Services Router
- Product Type: Router
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco 3 Ports Ethernet Router
- Total Number of Ports 3
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports 3
I/O Expansions for Integrated Services Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 10
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type PVDM
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Standard Memory 512 MB
- Maximum Memory 2 GB
- Memory Technology DRAM
- Flash Memory 256 MB
- Memory Card Supported CompactFlash (CF) Card
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 3.5 inch
- Width: 17.2 inch
- Depth: 12 inch
- Weight: 18.08 Lbs
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CISCO2911/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.