Introduction to the Service Router
The Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Router (C2921-CME-SRST/K9) is a powerful and versatile device designed for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise branch offices. It is built on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) platform and offers advanced security and voice capabilities.
The router comes with a built-in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) feature, which is a software-based IP telephony solution that provides call processing, voicemail, and automated attendant capabilities. It also has a Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) feature, which is a failover solution that allows remote sites to maintain basic voice communication in the event of a WAN failure.
The C2921-CME-SRST/K9 offers a wide range of security features, including a firewall, VPN, and intrusion prevention capabilities, to protect the network from potential threats. Additionally, it provides a variety of connectivity options, including Gigabit Ethernet and serial interfaces, to support different types of network devices and services.
Configuration and Management
The configuration and management of the Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Router (C2921-CME-SRST/K9) can be done through several methods, including the command-line interface (CLI), the web-based graphical user interface (GUI), and the Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) software.
- Command-line Interface (CLI): The CLI is the primary method of configuring and managing the router. It allows users to enter commands and view the router's configuration and status. The CLI can be accessed through a console or remote connection using Telnet or SSH.
- Web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI): The web-based GUI, also known as Cisco SDM, allows users to configure and manage the router through a web browser. It provides a user-friendly interface for tasks such as configuring network interfaces, setting up security policies, and monitoring the router's status.
- Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP): The Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) software is a graphical management tool that simplifies the configuration of Cisco routers and switches. It provides wizards and templates to help users quickly and easily configure the router, including the setup of basic network settings, security policies, and voice features.
In general, the configuration and management of the Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Router (C2921-CME-SRST/K9) can be done through a combination of command-line, web-based GUI, and the Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) software, depending on the user's preference and level of expertise.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Router (C2921-CME-SRST/K9) has a range of Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities that can help manage and prioritize network traffic. These capabilities include:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): This is a queuing technique that assigns a specified amount of bandwidth to different traffic classes based on their priority level. This helps to ensure that critical traffic such as voice and video is given priority over less critical traffic such as file transfers.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): This is a queuing technique that prioritizes delay-sensitive traffic such as voice and video over other types of traffic. It uses a strict priority queue to ensure that delay-sensitive traffic is not held up by other types of traffic.
- Class-Based Marking (CB Marking): This is a technique that allows users to mark packets with a specific value, such as a Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) or a Class of Service (CoS) value, to indicate the priority level of the packet.
- Traffic Shaping: This is a technique that regulates the rate at which traffic is sent to ensure that it does not exceed the available bandwidth. This helps to prevent congestion and ensure that traffic is sent at a consistent rate.
- Link Fragmentation and Interleaving (LFI): This is a technique that breaks large packets into smaller ones, and interleaves them with other packets to reduce the impact of large packets on delay-sensitive traffic such as voice and video.
- Congestion Management: The router uses a variety of congestion management techniques such as tail drop and random early detection (RED) to help ensure that the network does not become congested and to prevent any packet loss.
All these QoS capabilities, when properly configured, help to ensure that the network's bandwidth is used efficiently and that delay-sensitive traffic is given priority over other types of traffic.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number: C2921-CME-SRST/K9
- Product Series: 2900
- Product Model: 2921
- Product Name: 2921 Integrated Services Router
- Product Type: Router
Interfaces / Ports
- Total Number of Ports: 3
- USB: Yes
- Management Port: Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports: 3
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 12
- Expansion Slot Type: HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type: PVDM
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
Network & Communication
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Standard Memory: 512 MB
- Maximum Memory: 2.50 GB
- Memory Technology: SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 256 MB
- Memory Card Supported: CompactFlash (CF) Card
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.