EMC Compliance in Networking Equipment
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) compliance in networking equipment refers to the ability of a device, such as a switch, to operate without causing harmful interference to other devices and to perform as intended when subjected to electromagnetic interference (EMI).
EMC compliance is an important aspect of networking equipment design and performance, as it ensures that the equipment operates reliably and safely in a variety of environments and conditions. This is especially important in mission-critical environments, such as data centers and industrial settings, where downtime or equipment failure can have serious consequences.
To achieve EMC compliance, networking equipment must meet specific standards and requirements set by regulatory bodies, such as the European Union's Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States. These standards specify requirements for the emission and immunity of devices, and test methods to ensure that the devices meet these requirements.
By choosing EMC-compliant networking equipment, organizations can ensure that their networks are protected from the effects of EMI and that they can operate reliably and securely in all conditions. This helps to minimize downtime, improve network performance, and support the overall success of the organization.
Ensuring Reliability and Security
Ensuring reliability and security are critical concerns for any organization, as downtime or security breaches can have serious consequences. To address these concerns, organizations must implement effective strategies and technologies to protect their networks and data.
Some key considerations for ensuring reliability and security include:
- Network Architecture: A well-designed network architecture, with redundant components and multiple layers of protection, can help to ensure that the network remains operational even in the event of a failure.
- Network Monitoring: Network monitoring solutions can help to identify and alert administrators to potential issues, allowing them to resolve problems before they impact network performance.
- Security Solutions: Organizations must implement security solutions, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption technologies, to protect against external and internal threats.
- Access Control: Access control measures, such as authentication and authorization technologies, can help to ensure that only authorized users have access to sensitive information.
- Disaster Recovery: Disaster recovery plans and technologies, such as backup and recovery systems, can help organizations to recover from a catastrophic event, minimizing downtime and ensuring business continuity.
- Software Updates and Patches: Keeping software and firmware up-to-date with the latest patches and updates is critical for ensuring the security and reliability of the network.
By implementing these strategies and technologies, organizations can ensure that their networks and data are secure, reliable, and protected against potential threats. This helps to minimize downtime, improve network performance, and support the overall success of the organization.
Maximizing Performance and Scalability
Maximizing performance and scalability are critical concerns for organizations as they grow and their network needs evolve. To address these concerns, organizations must implement strategies and technologies that enable their networks to perform optimally and easily adapt to changing requirements.
Some key considerations for maximizing performance and scalability include:
- Network Design: A well-designed network architecture, with redundant components and optimized routing, can help to ensure that the network performs optimally and can handle increasing traffic demands.
- Bandwidth Management: Bandwidth management solutions, such as Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic shaping, can help to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need, while non-critical traffic is prioritized appropriately.
- Virtualization: Virtualization technologies, such as network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN), can help to improve network performance and scalability by allowing resources to be dynamically allocated and optimized as needed.
- Load Balancing: Load balancing solutions can help to distribute network traffic across multiple devices, improving performance and reliability.
- Capacity Planning: Regular capacity planning and forecasting can help organizations to anticipate network growth and ensure that they have the resources and capacity in place to support their changing needs.
By implementing these strategies and technologies, organizations can maximize the performance and scalability of their networks, ensuring that they can handle increasing demands and easily adapt to changing requirements. This helps to improve network efficiency, minimize downtime, and support the overall success of the organization.
General Information about this Dell 210-APWY
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 210-APWY
- Device Type: Switch 24 Ports L3 Managed Stackable
Product Information for Dell 24 Port Switch
- Enclosure Type: Rack-Mountable 1u
- Subtype: Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports: 24 X 10/100/1000 + 2 X 10 Gigabit SFP+ + 2 X Combo 1000base-t
- Performance : Switching Fabric Bandwidth: 212 GBPS ¦ Forwarding Performance: 158 MBPS ¦ Stacking Bandwidth: 21 GBPS
- Ipv4 Routes (static): 1024, Ipv6 Routes (static): 1024, Ipv4 Routes (dynamic): 8160, Ipv6 Routes (dynamic): 4096, and capacity Maximum Ospf Routes are 8160, Maximum Dynamic Ports are 144, Maximum Member Ports per Lag are 8, and Maximum Rip Routes are 512. Ecmp Groups: 64, Ecmp Next Hops Per Route: 4, 128 Vlan Routing Interfaces 4094 Vlans are supported. 1536 IPv4 multicast entries, 512 IPv6 multicast entries, and 512 6144 Arp entries, 400 Ndp entries, and Acl: 100 , 1023 maximum rules per acl. Maximum Acl Rules for the System: 4096, ACL Rules Per Interface Maximum (ipv4) 1024 is the maximum number of exit rules allowed per interface (ipv4) 3072, Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface, Ingress Rules (ipv6) Egress
- Mac Address Table Size : 32k Entries
- Routing Protocol : Ospf, Rip-1, Rip-2, Igmpv2, Igmp, Vrrp, Ospfv2, Pim-sm, Pim-dm, Igmpv3, Ospfv3, Mldv2, Mld
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Snmp 2, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Telnet, Snmp 3, Http, Tftp, Ssh-2
- Encryption Algorithm : Md5, Aes, Ssl, Tls
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (ssh2)
- Features: Flow Control, Mdi/mdi-x Switch, Auto-negotiation, Arp Support, VLAN Support, Port Mirroring, Diffserv Support, Weighted Round Robin (wrr) Queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, Ipv6 Support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (rstp) Support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp) Support, Access Control List (acl) Support, Quality Of Service (qos), St
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.2, Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1v, Ieee 802.1ag, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.3az, Ieee 802.3ax
- Ram: 2 GB
- Flash Memory: 1 GB
Expansion / Connectivity of Dell Ethernet Switch
- Interfaces :
- 24 X Gigabit Lan Rj-45 ,
- 2 X 10GBit Lan SFP+ ,
- 2 X Gigabit Lan Rj-45
- 1 X Serial (rs-232) Rj-45 Management
- 1 X Usb Type A ¦ 2 X Network Stack Device
Power for this Dell Rack-Mountable Switch
- Power Device: Internal Power Supply Hot-plug
- Installed Qty: 1 (installed) / 2 (max)
- Power Redundancy: Optional
- Power Redundancy Scheme: 1+1 (with Optional Power Supply)
- Power Provided: 200 Watt
- Power Consumption Operational: 67.1 Watt
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.