Features and Benefits of MD3000i Controller
The Dell MD3000i Dual Port ISCSI Raid Controller for PowerVault is a high-performance storage controller that provides advanced data protection and management features for small to medium-sized businesses. Some of the key features and benefits of the MD3000i controller include:
- Dual-port ISCSI connectivity: The MD3000i controller has two independent ISCSI ports, which allows for redundancy and increased bandwidth.
- RAID support: The controller supports various RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and 50, which provide different levels of data protection and performance.
- Scalability: The MD3000i controller can support up to 15 hard drives and can be expanded by adding up to two additional expansion enclosures for a maximum of 45 hard drives.
- Advanced data protection: The controller provides features such as hot spare, automatic rebuild, and hot-swapping of drives, which help protect against data loss and minimize downtime.
- Easy management: The controller has a web-based management interface that allows for easy configuration and monitoring of the storage array.
- Compatibility: The MD3000i is compatible with a wide range of Dell servers and storage arrays, which allows for easy integration into existing systems.
- Performance: The controller delivers high-performance ISCSI connectivity and advanced data protection features that help improve the overall performance of storage arrays.
- Reliability: The MD3000i controller provides advanced data protection and management features that help ensure the reliability and availability of storage arrays.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance Tips
The Dell MD3000i Dual Port ISCSI Raid Controller for PowerVault is a reliable and robust storage controller, but like any piece of hardware, it may require troubleshooting and maintenance from time to time. Here are some tips for troubleshooting and maintaining the MD3000i controller:
- Check the system logs: The controller has a built-in log that records system events, such as hard drive failures, RAID rebuilds, and other issues. Checking the system logs can help identify and diagnose problems.
- Monitor the status of the hard drives: The controller provides a status indicator for each hard drive that can help identify failed or failing drives. Replace any failed or failing drives immediately to prevent data loss.
- Monitor the status of the power supply: The controller requires a minimum of one power supply to operate. If the power supply fails, the controller will shut down and may cause data loss.
- Check the network connection: The controller requires a Gigabit Ethernet network connection to connect to the host server and storage array. Check the network cables and settings to ensure that the controller is properly connected to the network.
- Update the firmware: The controller may require firmware updates to fix bugs, improve performance, and add new features. It's recommended to check with the vendor for the latest firmware version and update the controller accordingly.
- Perform regular backups: Regularly backing up the data stored on the controller can help protect against data loss in the event of a hardware failure or other problem.
- Clean the controller: Regularly cleaning the controller can help ensure proper ventilation and prevent overheating. Use a dry cloth or compressed air to clean the controller.
- Keep the environment cool: The controller should be installed in a cool and dry environment. Keep the controller away from heat sources and ensure that it has adequate ventilation.
- Check the compatibility: Make sure that the controller is compatible with the server and operating system that you are using.
The Dell MD3000i Dual Port ISCSI Raid Controller for PowerVault has the following system requirements:
- Host server: The MD3000i controller can be connected to a wide range of Dell servers, including PowerEdge and PowerVault servers. The specific system requirements will depend on the server model.
- Operating system: The controller is compatible with a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware.
- Host bus adapter: The controller requires a host bus adapter (HBA) or network interface card (NIC) that supports ISCSI connectivity.
- Memory: The controller requires at least 256MB of memory.
- Hard drives: The controller supports SAS and SATA hard drives with a maximum capacity of 2TB.
- Power supply: The controller requires a minimum of one power supply to operate.
- Network: The controller requires a Gigabit Ethernet network connection to connect to the host server and storage array.
- Firmware: The controller requires a specific firmware version, it's recommended to check with the vendor for the latest firmware version.
General Information about this Dell MD3000I
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# MD3000I
- Device Type: Raid Controller
Technical Information of Raid Controller
- Interface: SAS-3 V3-12.0GBPS
- Interface Types: Sas Serial Attached ISCSI, SATA, Ethernet Rj-45, Ps2
- On-board Cache: 512MB
- Ports: Dual Port
- Disks Capacity: Up To 2TB Per Disk
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Are you looking to create a Storage Area Network (SAN)? Allhdd.com has ISCSI controller/ ISCSI card solutions that will suit your need for storage networking that runs the storage protocol across the Ethernet network connection.
Internet Small Computer System Interface (ISCSI) can connect any computer on the network to high-performance storage; this can be, for example, a thunderbolt disc or infotrend fiber storage. ISCSI is very similar to the fiber channel, making the computer see the storage not as a network share but as a local disc. An iSCSI storage area network comprises storage array controllers with ISCSI targets and storage clients with ISCSI initiators.
When an organized database initiates a request, two things occur—one on the source side and the other on the receiving end.
On the source side, an end-user application launches a request to the operating system. Consequently, a suitable SCSI command and a data request are generated. If configured, these then pass through encapsulation and encryption. A packet header is attached to the call, and the resultant IP packets are dispatched through the Ethernet connection.
On the other end (receiving side), the packet goes through a decryption process. This happens if the packet is encrypted before transmission. The packet is disassembled where SCSI commands and the call are separated. The SCSI commands are then transferred to the SCSI controller, from where they are redirected to the SCSI storage device.
ISCSI improves block storage performance, and it can run on standard network cards or specialized Host Bus Adapter (HBAs); iscsi controllers are supported by almost all computer operating systems. The performance, reliability, and predictability of ISCSI as a storage protocol has greatly been enhanced due to the rapid growth of faster Ethernet speeds such as 25G, 50G, 100G, and increased support for congestion management.
ISCSI Controllers on Allhdd.com
You can buy from our collection high-quality ISCSI controllers from household brands, including, Powervault, Host Bus Adapter, MSA 2000 Series, Raid Controller, Storage Controller, Equallogic,4 Port, MSA1050, and 10GB controllers.
The performance of the ISCSI is directly related to the underlying technologies in the data center, while ethernet network connection speed has a significant impact on ISCSI performance.
Data Center bridging allows ISCSI to perform better and compete with a highly dependable fiber channel that has run over lossless connections for a long time now. ISCSI multipathing I/O speeds up the network packets by assigning multiple addresses to a single ISCSI session. On the other hand, jumbo frames are 900-byte frames and relieve congestion on a slower Ethernet network that does not use 10 GbE. Using jumbo frames will boost performance up to 10 – 20 per cent.
ISCSI and Fibre Channel
These are the two main approaches to storage data transmission. Fibre Channel (FC) requires specialized admin skill sets, and it has a high-performance. ISCSI is more comfortable to deploy and manage; however, it has a higher latency. Some protocols allow the merging of ISCSI and FC; an example is the Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) and the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). FCIP wraps FC frame onto the TCP stream for SAN to SAN replication, while FCoE allows FC SANs to transfer data packets over the Ethernet networks. Shop on allhdd.com today for affordability and huge returns on your investments.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.