Advanced Features of Ethernet Switch
The WS-C3850-24XS-E is a Cisco Catalyst switch that has 24 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet. It is a stackable, enterprise-class switch that offers advanced features such as:
- StackWise-480 technology, which allows for stacking of up to 9 switches for a total of 384 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC), which provides deep visibility into application traffic
- Cisco StackPower, which allows for power sharing among stack members
- Cisco EnergyWise, which helps manage and reduce energy consumption
- Flexible NetFlow, which provides granular visibility into network traffic
- Support for Cisco DNA Center, which allows for centralized management and automation of the network
This switch also supports advanced security features such as DHCP snooping, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic ARP Inspection. It is ideal for use in large enterprise networks and data centers.
Power Options and Redundancy
The WS-C3850-24XS-E Cisco Catalyst 3850 24-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch supports several power options and redundancy features to ensure high availability of the network.
- The switch supports both AC and DC power inputs.
- It can be powered by an internal power supply, or by an external redundant power supply (RPS) system.
- StackWise-480 technology allows for stacking of up to 9 switches, providing redundancy in case of a switch failure.
- Cisco StackPower allows for power sharing among stack members, providing redundancy in case of a power supply failure.
- The switch supports Cisco StackWise Virtual, which allows for virtualization of the switch stack, providing redundancy in case of a switch or network failure.
Additionally, the switch supports Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) to provide redundancy at the router level. This helps ensure that the switch is able to continue operating even in the event of a failure, minimizing downtime and ensuring the availability of the network.
Features and specifications
The WS-C3850-24XS-E Cisco Catalyst 3850 24-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch is a stackable, enterprise-class switch that offers a range of features and specifications to support large enterprise networks and data centers.
- StackWise-480 technology allows for stacking of up to 9 switches, providing redundancy and scalability.
- Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) provides deep visibility into application traffic.
- Cisco StackPower allows for power sharing among stack members.
- Cisco EnergyWise helps manage and reduce energy consumption.
- Flexible NetFlow provides granular visibility into network traffic.
- Support for Cisco DNA Center allows for centralized management and automation of the network.
- Advanced security features such as DHCP snooping, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic ARP Inspection.
- IPv4 and IPv6 routing, along with advanced routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Multicast features to ensure efficient use of network resources.
- 24 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Support for both AC and DC power inputs.
- Maximum power consumption of 600W.
- Maximum stacking of 9 switches, providing 384 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Forwarding rate of up to 4.16 billion packets per second.
- Supports routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- Supports the IEEE 802.1Q VLAN and IEEE 802.1p Quality of Service (QoS) standards.
- Supports Jumbo Frame of up to 9216 bytes.
- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and Cisco EnergyWise.
- Supports Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP).
This switch is ideal for use in large enterprise networks and data centers, offering advanced features, high performance and scalability.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C3850-24XS-E
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Model Number or SKU # WS-C3850-24XS-E
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 3850
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
Interfaces/Ports of Manageable Switch
- Total Number of Ports: 24
- Modular No
- Stack Port Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 24 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance for Layer 3 Switch Module
- Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
- Connectivity Technology: Wired/Wireless
- Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10GBase-X
I/O Expansions of 24 Ports Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 24
- Expansion Slot Type SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots 24
- IPv4 routes: 24000
- Net Flow Entries: 48000
- Virtual Interfaces (VLANs): 4000
- Switched virtual interfaces (SVIs): 1000
- Switching capacity: 640 Gbps, Stacking bandwidth: 480 Gbps
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Remote Management Protocol: CLI, RMON 1, RMON 2, SNMP 1, SNMP 2c, SNMP 3, SSH, TFTP, Telnet
- Routing Protocol OSPF, BGP-4, IS-IS, RIP-1, RIP-2, EIGRP, IGMPv2, IGMP, PIM-SM, PIM-DM, IGMPv3, EIGRP for IPv6, OSPFv3, PIM-SSM, policy-based routing (PBR), RIPng, MLDv2, MLD
- Power Source Power Supply
- Power Device Internal power supply
- Installed Qty 1
- Max Supported Qty 2
- Power Redundancy Optional
- Power Redundancy Scheme 1+1 (with optional power supply)
- Power Provided 715 Watt
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V (50 - 60 Hz)
Dimensions and Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.8 Inch
- Width 17.7 Inch
- Depth 17.5 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 13.50 Lbs
- Catalyst WS-C3850-24XS Layer 3 Switch
- Power Supply- Green Compliant Yes
- Green Compliance Certificate/Authority RoHS-5
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3850-24XS-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.