Network Optimization Technologies
The HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter is designed to provide businesses with a range of network optimization technologies that can help improve network performance and reliability.
One of these technologies is the adapter's support for hardware-based TCP/IP offloading. TCP/IP offloading enables the adapter to handle some of the processing required for TCP/IP communications, reducing the workload on the server's CPU and improving overall network performance.
Another optimization technology provided by the HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter is support for jumbo frames. Jumbo frames are larger than standard Ethernet frames, which can help reduce network overhead and improve network throughput in certain scenarios, such as when transferring large files.
The adapter also includes support for Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic shaping technologies. These features enable administrators to prioritize network traffic based on its importance or the requirements of specific applications, ensuring that critical traffic is given higher priority and that bandwidth is allocated appropriately.
In addition, the HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter includes support for hardware-based VLAN tagging and link aggregation, which can help improve network performance by enabling administrators to group network ports together and distribute network traffic across them.
Empowering Network Administrators
The HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter is designed to empower network administrators by providing them with a range of features and tools to help them manage their network infrastructure more effectively.
One of the ways in which the adapter empowers network administrators is through support for remote network management. The adapter includes support for remote management protocols such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA), enabling administrators to manage network devices from a central location.
The adapter also includes support for HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D technology, which enables administrators to manage network connectivity at the virtual machine level. This can help simplify network management and reduce administrative overheads, while also providing greater flexibility in managing network resources.
Another way in which the HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter empowers network administrators is through support for advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting tools. The adapter includes support for Virtual Cable Tester (VCT) and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP), which can help administrators diagnose and resolve network connectivity issues more quickly and effectively.
In addition, the HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter includes support for firmware upgrades and driver updates, enabling administrators to easily update the adapter's software to take advantage of new features or fix known issues.
Advanced Network Security
The HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter provides advanced network security features that can help protect business networks from various security threats.
One of the key security features provided by the adapter is support for network segmentation through hardware-based VLAN tagging. This feature enables administrators to logically divide their network into separate segments, reducing the risk of unauthorized access to sensitive data.
The adapter also includes support for stateless offloads and stateful offloads, which can help improve network security by offloading some of the processing required for network security functions such as IPsec, SSL/TLS, and TCP/IP checksum calculations. This can help reduce the workload on the server's CPU and improve overall network performance while maintaining network security.
Another important security feature provided by the HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter is support for network virtualization through HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D technology. This feature enables administrators to isolate virtual machines and their network traffic from other virtual machines, providing an additional layer of security for virtualized environments.
The adapter also includes support for Network Address Translation (NAT), which can help protect business networks from external threats by hiding the IP addresses of internal devices from external networks.
Finally, the HPE FlexFabric 10GB 2-Port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter includes support for secure boot, which helps ensure that the adapter's firmware and software are not tampered with, reducing the risk of unauthorized access to network resources.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- MPN: 629142-B21
- Type: Networking
- Option Part Number: 634026-001
- SKU: 629142-B21
- Spare Part Number: 684213-B21
- Adapter Type : Network Adapter
- Interface (Bus) Type : Pci Express 2.0 X8
- Processor : 1 - Emulex
- Ram : 128 Mb
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: 10 GigE
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbps
- Auto-negotiation, wake on LAN (WOL), Jumbo Frames support, PXE support, Large Send Offload (LSO), Receive Side Scaling (RSS)
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.3ap, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.1Qau
Processor / Memory
- Processor: 1 - Emulex
- RAM: 128 MB
- Expansion / Connectivity
- Compatible Slots: 1 x FlexibleLOM
- Compliant Standards: FCC Class A certified, UL, CISPR 22 Class A, EN 60950, VCCI Class A ITE, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, ICES-003 Class A, RoHS, MIC Class A, ACA, ACPI 1.1, BSMI Class A
Software / System Requirements
- OS Required: SunSoft Solaris 10, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, VMware ESX 4.1, VMware ESX 4.0
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 131 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL360p Gen8, DL360p Gen8 Base, DL360p Gen8 CMS, DL360p Gen8 Entry, DL360p Gen8 High Performance, DL380p Gen8, DL380p Gen8 Base, DL380p Gen8 Entry, DL380p Gen8 High Performance, DL380p Gen8 Special Servers
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL210t Gen8, SL230s Gen8, SL250s Gen8 and SL270s Gen8 Servers
A network adapter is also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with a RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to the older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 629142-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Network Adapter
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.