Overview of the HPE 662528-001
The 662528-001 HP Power Supply Backplane Board is an essential component for the Proliant DL380/385 G8 server. This board is responsible for distributing power from the server's power supply units to the other components in the system. In this article, we will discuss the importance of this board, its features, and how it works.
The HP Power Supply Backplane Board
The HP Power Supply Backplane Board is a small circuit board that connects to the server's power supply units and distributes power to the other components in the system. The board is responsible for providing power to the server's hard drives, memory modules, and other peripherals. It is an essential component for the proper functioning of the server.
Features of the HP Power Supply Backplane Board
The HP Power Supply Backplane Board has several features that make it an essential component for the Proliant DL380/385 G8 server. Some of the key features of this board are:
- Hot-swappable: The board is hot-swappable, which means that it can be replaced while the server is still running. This feature allows for easier maintenance and upgrades without disrupting the server's operations.
- Redundant power supply: The HP Power Supply Backplane Board supports redundant power supply units. This means that the server can continue to operate even if one of the power supply units fails. The board will automatically switch to the other power supply unit to ensure that the server remains operational.
- Efficient power distribution: The board is designed to distribute power efficiently to the other components in the system. This ensures that each component receives the power it needs to operate at its maximum potential.
- Easy to install: The board is easy to install, and no special tools are required. The installation process can be completed quickly, which reduces downtime and increases productivity.
HP Power Supply Backplane Board work
- The HP Power Supply Backplane Board is connected to the server's power supply units through a cable. The board receives power from the power supply units and distributes it to the other components in the system. The board has several connectors for connecting to the server's hard drives, memory modules, and other peripherals.
- The board is also responsible for monitoring the power supply units and the other components in the system. If the board detects a problem with any of the components, it will send an alert to the server's management software, which will notify the system administrator.
- The board is designed to ensure that the server remains operational even if one of the power supply units fails. If one of the power supply units fails, the board will automatically switch to the other power supply unit to ensure that the server remains operational.
- Why is the HP Power Supply Backplane Board important? The HP Power Supply Backplane Board is an essential component for the Proliant DL380/385 G8 server. Without this board, the server would not be able to distribute power to the other components in the system. The board is also responsible for ensuring that the server remains operational even if one of the power supply units fails.
- The board's hot-swappable and redundant power supply features make it easy to maintain and upgrade the server without disrupting its operations. The board's efficient power distribution ensures that each component in the system receives the power it needs to operate at its maximum potential.
Finally, the HP Power Supply Backplane Board is an essential component for the Proliant DL380/385 G8 server. It is responsible for distributing power from the server's power supply units to the other components in the system. The board's hot-swappable, redundant power supply, and efficient power distribution features make it an important component for the proper functioning of the server.
General Information about the HPE 662528-001
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 662528-001
- Product Type : Power Supply
About Refurbished Products
Backplane Board Server Accessories
Are you considering upgrading your server processors to enhance your data center's storage capacity and performance? Maybe you need to increase your server's power supplies to support additional devices? If this is your situation, you surely need a suitable backplane board for your data center.
A backplane board is simply a printed circuit board with special sockets or slots that allow for the connection of your server's backplane systems or devices. So, you will conveniently attach:
- Hot-swappable Hard Drive
- Disk controller
- Multiple connectors
- Memory cards
- Processor Cards
What's more, with a backplane board, you can easily design your server or computer system! All you need is to connect it to either a plug-in Single-Board Computer (SBC) or a System Host Board (SHB), and you have a fully functional system!
Benefits of Backplane Boards
1. They Are Versatile
Backplane board allows you to connect other boards or daughterboards and hence, provide the flexibility that your data center may need. That is, you can interchange different cards based on your computing requirements.
To achieve this flexibility to the fullest, with desired stability, it's critical that you only go for a connector with superior signal integrity is critical.
2. Allows for Easy Scalability
You can easily design your customized server computer to fulfill your server's performance needs. Further, with a backplane board, expanding your server's storage capacity is much easier.
Which Backplane Board Should You Choose?
There are many two types of backplane boards that you can choose from:
1. Passive Backplanes
These come with limited circuitry, and hence, only come with electrical connectors for computer bus attachment. For this reason, to communicate with your backplane systems, suitable expansion cards or expansion boards have to be connected to them.
2. Active Backplanes
This type comes with slots that have the necessary circuits to control communication among slots. Therefore, all you need to do is directly attach your SAS or SATA Hard Drives to it, processor cards, memory cards, and other suitable connectors.
Since they are known to have zero failure risk, they are highly recommended for enterprise use.
3. ISA and PIC Backplane Board
Based on bus type technology, you can choose backplane boards with either ISA or PCI bus connection. ISA backplane boards offer up 16-bit data transfer, with its enhanced version of Extended ISA (EISA) having a capacity for 32-bit data transfer.
For superior performance, a high-speed backplane board with PCI bus connectivity is highly recommended. This is due to its high data transfer rates of between 32-64 bits and enhanced high clock speed of up to 33 MHz.
Backplane Board Accessories Worth Considering.
Based on your data center storage requirements, here is a list of some of the most highly reliable and affordable backplane boards to consider:
Why Shop at ALLHDD for Your Backplane Boards?
ALLHDD specializes in a wide range of server storage solutions and accessories suitable for small, medium, and large enterprises.
Further, ALLHDD offers full product guidance and all the technical support that you may need. Shop now and enjoy the best deals on guaranteed backplane boards.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.