Security and Access Control of Stackable Managed Switch
The JE068A HPE A5120-24G EI switch provides a number of security features to protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks.
One of the key security features of the switch is its support for access control lists (ACLs). ACLs allow administrators to define rules that determine which devices or users are allowed to access the network and which are not. The switch supports both IPv4 and IPv6 ACLs, and supports both standard and extended ACLs.
The switch also supports advanced security features such as:
- 802.1x port-based authentication to control access to the network
- DHCP snooping to prevent DHCP spoofing attacks
- IP source guard to prevent IP address spoofing
- Dynamic ARP inspection to prevent ARP spoofing
- Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for secure management of the switch
In addition, the switch also provides support for various network security protocols such as:
- Access Control Server (ACS)
The switch also supports a feature called "RADIUS Accounting" which allows for tracking and recording of switch-user activity and accounting.
Troubleshooting and Support
Troubleshooting and support for the JE068A HPE A5120-24G EI 24-Ports Layer 4 Managed Stackable Switch may involve several steps, including:
- Identifying the problem: The first step in troubleshooting any issue with the switch is to identify the problem. This may involve looking at error messages, logs, or other indicators to determine what is causing the issue.
- Checking connectivity: If the switch is not communicating with other devices or the network, it may be necessary to check the connectivity of the switch. This may involve checking the status of the switch's ports, cables, and other connections.
- Verifying configuration: If the switch is not behaving as expected, it may be necessary to verify the configuration of the switch. This may involve checking the switch's settings, such as IP addresses, VLANs, and other parameters.
- Updating firmware: If the switch is experiencing issues that are not resolved by the above steps, it may be necessary to update the firmware on the switch. This may involve downloading the latest firmware from HPE's website and updating the switch through the management interface.
- Contacting HPE support: If the issue cannot be resolved through the above steps, it may be necessary to contact HPE support for further assistance. HPE support can provide additional troubleshooting steps and may be able to provide a resolution to the problem.
It's important to note that the JE068A HPE A5120-24G EI 24-Ports Layer 4 Managed Stackable Switch is a managed switch, which means it has a web interface for configuration and monitoring. Therefore, it's necessary to have a basic understanding of networking concepts and the ability to navigate through the switch's web interface to troubleshoot and support the switch.
Remote Management and Monitoring
Remote management and monitoring of the JE068A HPE A5120-24G EI 24-ports Layer 4 managed stackable switch allows for the configuration and monitoring of the switch from a remote location. This can be done through a web interface or through a command-line interface (CLI) using Telnet or SSH.
With remote management, the administrator can access the switch's configuration, view status information, and make changes to the switch's settings without physically being in the same location as the switch. This can be done through a web interface that allows the administrator to access the switch's management interface through a web browser or through a command-line interface (CLI) using Telnet or SSH.
Remote monitoring allows the administrator to view real-time data about the switch's performance, including information about traffic, port usage, and errors. This data can be accessed through the web interface or through SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) that allows the administrator to view the data through a network management system.
Main Information about the HPE JE068A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# JE068A
- Type : Networking
- Switch-Type : Switch 24 Ports
- SKU: JE068A
- Enclosure Type : Rack-Mountable - 1u
- Installed Modules Qty (Max): 0 (Installed) / 2 (Max)
- Ports Qty: 24 X Ethernet 10Base-T, Ethernet 100Base-Tx, Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 GBPS
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Routing Protocol : Static Ipv4 Routing, Static Ipv6 Routing
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http, Https, Cli
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Communication Mode : Full-Duplex
- Switching Protocol : Ethernet
- Mac Address Table Size : 16k Entries
- Features : Flow Control, Routing, Layer 3 Switching, Layer 2 Switching, Dhcp Support, Arp Support, Vlan Support, Auto-Uplink (Auto Mdi/Mdi-X), Igmp Snooping, Sflow, Access Control List (Acl) Support, Quality Of Service (Qos), Committed Access Rate (Car), Jumbo Frames Support, Mld Snooping, Device Link Detection Protocol (Dldp) Support, Endpoint Admission Defense (Ead), Stp Root Guard
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (Lacp), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1ad, IEEE 802.1ab (Lldp)
- Power Device : Power Supply
- Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Expansions And Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free): 4 ( 4 ) X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- 2 ( 2 ) X Expansion Slot
- Interfaces : 24 X Network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx/1000Base-T - Rj-45
- 1 X Management - Console - Rj-45
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 4.7inch
- Width: 23inch
- Depth: 18inch
- Weight: 11 Lbs
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product JE068A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.