Performance and Speeds
The HPE 632639-001 800GB SAS-6GBPS Enterprise Mainstream SSD is a solid-state drive designed for use in enterprise environments. It is designed to offer high performance and reliability for demanding workloads such as data warehousing, online transaction processing, and video surveillance.
In terms of performance, the HPE 632639-001 800GB SAS-6GBPS Enterprise Mainstream SSD offers a high level of read and write speeds, which allows for quick access to stored data. The drive is rated for sequential read and write speeds of up to 600 MB/s and 500 MB/s respectively.
The drive also offers a high level of random read and write speeds, which is important for workloads that involve a high volume of small data transfers. The drive is rated for random read and write speeds of up to 150,000 IOPS and 17,000 IOPS respectively.
Additionally, the drive has a low latency and high endurance, which helps to improve the overall performance and reliability of the drive.
It is important to note that the actual performance of the drive may vary depending on the specific use case and the system in which it is being used. It is always recommended to check with HPE and the host system vendor to confirm compatibility and performance.
Durability and Reliability
The HPE 632639-001 800GB SAS-6GBPS Enterprise Mainstream SSD is designed to offer high durability and reliability for demanding workloads.
One of the key features that contribute to the drive's durability is its high endurance. Endurance refers to the number of write cycles that a drive can sustain before it may begin to experience issues. The HPE 632639-001 800GB SAS-6GBPS Enterprise Mainstream SSD is rated for an endurance of up to 1.6 PB of total bytes written (TBW), which is a measure of the amount of data that can be written to the drive over its lifetime.
Additionally, the drive is built using high-quality components and is rigorously tested to ensure that it can withstand the rigors of enterprise use. HPE also provides a limited warranty for the drive, which can provide additional peace of mind for users.
In terms of reliability, the HPE 632639-001 800GB SAS-6GBPS Enterprise Mainstream SSD uses advanced error correction and data protection features, to help protect against data loss in case of a drive failure. The drive is also equipped with a built-in power-loss data protection feature, which helps to prevent data loss in case of a power failure.
HPE also provides a suite of software tools, such as the HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge, that can be used to monitor the health of the drive and to predict potential issues before they occur.
It's always important to keep in mind that the durability and reliability of an SSD also depend on the usage, environmental conditions and the proper maintenance of the drive.
Data Protection and Security
The HPE 632639-001 800GB SAS-6GBPS Enterprise Mainstream SSD is a solid-state drive (SSD) that uses the SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface and 6 Gbps data transfer speeds. It is designed for use in enterprise mainstream storage systems, where data protection and security are important considerations.
The drive uses a variety of techniques to protect data, including advanced error correction, wear leveling, and over-provisioning. Advanced error correction is used to detect and correct errors that may occur during data transfer, while wear leveling helps to evenly distribute data across the drive to prevent any one area from wearing out before the rest of the drive. Over-provisioning is used to reserve extra capacity on the drive for use in case of power loss or other unexpected events, which helps to ensure that data is not lost.
In addition to these data protection features, the HPE 632639-001 800GB SAS-6GBPS Enterprise Mainstream SSD also includes a number of security features to protect against unauthorized access and data breaches. For example, it supports security protocols such as AES-256-bit encryption, secure erase, and secure firmware update, which can help to protect sensitive data even if the drive is lost or stolen.
General Information about this HPE 632639-001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# 632639-001
- Type: Solid State Drive (SSD)
- SSD Type: SAS-6GBPS
Technical Information of 800GB Solid State Drive
- Device Type: Hot Swap Solid State Drive
- Nand Flash Memory Type: Multi level Cell (MLC)
- Form Factor: 2.5 Inch
- Capacity: 800GB Storage Drive
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Carrier Type: Standard Carrier
Product Dimensions & Weight for SAS 6GBPS SSD
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
- ProLiant BL Series: BL20p (Gen4) BL45p (Gen2) BL460c (Gen6 Gen7) BL465c (Gen1 Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) BL480c (BL620c Gen7) BL680c (Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) BL685c (Gen6 Gen7) WS460c (Gen6 Gen7)
- ProLiant DL Series: DL1000 DL120 (Gen6 Gen7) DL160 (Gen6 Gen7) DL160se (Gen6 Gen7) DL165 (Gen6 Gen7) DL170e (Gen6 Gen7) DL170h (Gen6 Gen7) DL180 (Gen6 Gen7) DL320 (Gen6 Gen7) DL360 (Gen4p Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) DL365 (Gen1 Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) DL370 (Gen6 Gen7) DL380 (Gen4 Gen5 Gen6 Gen7)
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About Refurbished Products
With the SAS 6Gbps SSD, you can use the same slots as with a hard disk drive that had the SAS interface. Check through our product offering for SAS SSDs in the 3Gbps, 6Gbps, and 12Gbps bandwidth options as well as either the 2.5-inch or the 3.5-inch form factors.
The SAS 6Gbps SSD is chiefly used for enterprise server applications. They are also suited for storage arrays that have application workloads that require high input/output (I/O), low latency, and high availability. If your business is based upon data analytics, online transaction processing, server virtualization, and high-performance computing, the SAS 6Gbps SSD is an excellent choice.
Notable features of the SAS 6Gbps SSD based on the serial attachment SCSI standard include:
- Performance: The data transfer speeds/rates in and out of storage will readily exceed 6Gbps (600MB/s throughput) and support full-duplex transmissions and advanced command queuing. This makes SAS 6Gbps SSD ideal for servers and workstations that require high data read/write speeds.
- Storage capacity: Even though the SAS technology is not big on storage capacity, there are still plenty of options to achieve collective storage capacity through a combination of both multiple SATA and SAS drives. We have the following capacities: 200GB, 300GB, 400GB, 480GB, 800GB, 920GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.92TB, 2TB, 3.84TB, 4TB, and 7.68TB.
- Flexibility: The flexibility in using the SAS 6Gbps comes with backward compatibility with SCSI standards and physical and software compatibility on SATA drives.
- Scalability: The SAS 6Gbps offers a wide address range to support connections to external storage systems and other devices using long cables and small connectors.
- Reliability: It is highly possible to implement point-to-point connections, redundancy paths, and dual active port support with the SAS 6Gbps drives. The durability of the drives which is denoted as the meantime before failure (MTBF) is 1.2 to 1.6 million hours. The support of multiple data paths allows for greater availability and high-performance levels. In addition, the multiple data paths support data path redundancy.
- RAID technology: SAS technology makes use of SCSI technology, which incorporates a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) to prevent data loss. The RAID technology is critical for servers and workstations that process many transfers of temporary data. SAS technology employs multiple circuitry that allows data to be rerouted to a secondary circuit if the primary circuit fails.
The SAS 6Gbps will offer faster data transfer rates, easily achieving 600MB/s throughput. Compared to SATA SSDs, the SAS 6Gbps supports dual-port operation and plenty of built-in features that include RAID technology for data integrity, advanced error correction, and high signal quality on the cable with all work to improve reliability.
SAS 6GBps drives have a higher signal voltage that supports good overall end-to-end data integrity at double the speed of SATA drives. You will get high availability and better data path redundancy. This high-capacity SAS SSD is ideal for read-intensive workloads.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.