MPN : 636625-B21
Product Type Solid State Drive
SKU : 636625-B21
Storage Capacity 400 GB
Drive Interface SATA
Drive Interface Standard SATA/300
Product Dimensions & Weight
Height: 0.63 inch
Width: 3.10 inch
Depth: 5.45 inch
Weight: 1.50 lbs
About New Bulk Pack Products
SATA II solid state drives will perform all the basic functions of a hard drive but just better in terms of performance and reliability. Unlike SATA II hard drives, SATA II SSDs make use of interconnected flash memory chips to store data unlike the moving parts on HDDs. The flash memory chips are also referred to as NAND which offer higher transfer rates and offer greater reliability and durability. SATA II SSDs are generally smaller and more expensive compared to HDDs.
The serial advanced technology attachment standard has gone through several generations/revisions since it was first developed to replace the parallel ATA (PATA), its predecessor. At each revision, there has been improvements to the standard resulting in better data transfer speeds and performance.
SATA II is the second revision of SATA technology and is variously referred to as SATA 3Gbps or Serial ATA-300 or SATA 2.0 and offers data transfer rates of 3 Gbps and a bandwidth throughput of 300MB/s for HDDs and up to 550 MB/s for SSDs. The significant increase in data transfer speeds in SATA II arises from serial paired lines and support for native command queuing (NCQ). SATA II has backward compatibility SATA I which facilitates ease of use without overhaul of existing hardware.
We have a wide range of SATA II SSDs across different speed offerings and storage capacities to meet all your requirements. Upgrading your hardware by migrating to the SATA2 Solid State Drive will give you a big jump in the performance of servers and workstations as well as PCs. SSDs are able to handle random I/O requests and overall the SATA II SSD will offer a big system tune ups and greater responsiveness in terms of faster system boots, faster large file transfers, and faster launching for apps. Additionally, SSDs are ideal for enterprise and high performance settings since they lower the risk of drive failure owing to their greater MTBF figures. Besides performance gains, SSDs are built for reliability and durability.
The main features of SATA II SSDs are:
- 3 Gbps data throughput
- 2.5" form factor allows use in laptops and other space-constrained server environments
- Native command queuing (NCQ) that helps improve efficiency in the execution order of read and write commands.
- Error correction code reliable data transfer.
- Multi-level cell NAND flash technology for better storage speeds.
- SATA II SSDs are backward compatible with SATA I and forward compatible with SATA III revisions.
- The non-volatile flash memory guarantees data retention and integrity.
- Supports the advanced garbage collection algorithm that helps maintain high performance of the SSD during extended operation.
- Shock resistance and wear leveling support
- Up to 45 times more energy efficient compared to HDDs