Overview of HPE 256GB RAM
The HPE 256GB 2133Mhz Pc4-17000 Cl15 Ecc Reg DDR4 288-Pin Ram is a high-performance memory module designed for use in servers and high-end desktop computers. It has a capacity of 256GB, which is a significant amount of memory for running large, memory-intensive applications and tasks.
The RAM operates at a frequency of 2133Mhz, which is faster than the standard frequency of DDR4 memory. This allows for faster data transfer and improved performance. The RAM also has a PC4-17000 rating, which means it has a transfer rate of 17,000MB/s. This is higher than the standard transfer rate of DDR4 memory, which is typically around 12,000MB/s.
The RAM has a CAS latency of 15, which is the time it takes for the memory to respond to a command. A lower CAS latency means faster memory response times, which can result in improved performance.
The RAM also features Error Correction Code (ECC) technology, which helps to detect and correct errors in data. This is especially important for servers and other mission-critical applications, where data accuracy is crucial.
The HPE 256GB 2133Mhz Pc4-17000 Cl15 Ecc Reg DDR4 288-Pin Ram is designed to be used in systems that use 288-pin DDR4 memory slots. It is also designed to be used in systems that require ECC memory.
Installation and Setup Instructions
Installing the HPE 256GB 2133Mhz Pc4-17000 Cl15 Ecc Reg DDR4 288-Pin Ram is a straightforward process that can be done by most computer users. The following steps provide a general outline of the process:
- Start by turning off your computer and unplugging all cables from it.
- Open the computer's case by removing the side panel. The location of the side panel may vary depending on the specific computer case.
- Locate the memory slots on the motherboard. The memory slots are typically located near the processor and are usually labeled as "DIMM" or "RAM."
- Make note of the current memory configuration of the computer. The memory should be installed in pairs, with identical memory modules in the same colored slots.
- Carefully release the tabs on the side of the memory slot to open them up and align the memory module with the slot. Make sure the notches on the memory module match the notches on the memory slot.
- Gently press down on the memory module until it clicks into place. The tabs on the side of the memory slot should close securely around the memory module.
- Repeat the process for each memory module you are installing.
- Close the computer case and plug all cables back in.
- Turn the computer back on and check the memory configuration in the BIOS or system setup to confirm the new memory module(s) have been recognized.
- Update the BIOS if necessary.
It is important to handle the memory modules with care and avoid touching the gold connectors on the bottom of the module. It is also important to make sure that the memory is compatible with the system before installing it. It is also recommended to refer to the motherboard or system manual for specific instructions and warnings.
Error Correction Code (ECC) Feature and Benefits
Error Correction Code (ECC) is a feature found in some types of memory, including the HPE 726722-256 256GB 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM being described. ECC memory is designed to detect and correct errors that may occur during data storage or transmission. This is achieved by adding additional memory bits, known as ECC bits, to each memory cell. These ECC bits are used to detect and correct single-bit errors, which can occur due to factors such as electromagnetic interference or manufacturing defects.
Benefits of using ECC memory include improved data integrity and reliability. By detecting and correcting errors, ECC memory can help to prevent system crashes, data corruption, and other issues that can occur due to memory errors. Additionally, ECC memory can help to improve system performance, as it allows for more efficient use of memory resources.
This specific HPE 726722-256 256GB 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM is ECC Registered RAM which means it is for servers and workstations that need to maintain data integrity and reliability, and it has capacity of 256GB, clock speed of 2133Mhz, and a latency of CL15. Additionally, it uses 288-pin connector.
General Information of this HPE 726722-256
- Brand Name: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 726722-256
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- RAM Type: Pc4-17000
- Product Name: 256GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory Module
Technical Information about 256GB DDR4 Ram
- Storage Capacity: 256GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Number Of Modules: 8 X 32GB
- Memory Speed: 2133mhz DDR4-2133/PC4-17000
- Data Integrity Check: Ecc
- Features: Quad Rank, Registered
- Cas Latency Timings: Cl15
- Platform Support: HPE Proliant Server Gan9
Physical Characteristics of HPE Memory
- Dimensions (W X D X H) : 8.89 X 19.81 X 1.91 Cm (3.5 X 7.8 X 0.75 In)
- Weight: 0.45 Kg (1 Lb)
Compatibility for 256GB DDR4 Ram
- HPE Proliant Bl460c Gen9
- HPE Proliant Bl660c Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl180 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl360 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl380 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl388 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl560 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl580 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl60 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl80 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ml110 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ml150 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ml350 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl120 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl160 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl170r Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl190r Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl230a Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl250a Gen9
- HPE Proliant 4xxl170r Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl230b Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ws460c Gen9
- HPE Apollo 4200
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 726722-256 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.