Installation and Configuration
The 748742-001 HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver is a high-speed fiber optic transceiver module that is designed to be used with HPE Bladesystem C-Class switches and network devices. This module provides a high-speed data transfer rate of up to 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) over a distance of up to 300 meters using multimode fiber optic cables.
Here are the steps to install and configure the 748742-001 HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver:
- Turn off the HPE Bladesystem C-Class switch or network device where you want to install the transceiver.
- Locate the transceiver slot on the switch or network device. Depending on the model, it may be a module slot or a port on the switch.
- Remove the protective cover from the transceiver slot.
- Insert the transceiver module into the slot until it clicks into place.
- Connect the multimode fiber optic cable to the MPO connector on the transceiver module.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding port on the switch or network device.
- Power on the switch or network device.
- Configure the switch or network device to use the new transceiver module. This may involve configuring the speed and duplex settings, as well as any VLAN or other network settings.
- Test the connectivity of the switch or network device using the new transceiver module to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Performance and Reliability
The HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver is a high-performance optical transceiver module designed to provide reliable data communication in HPE BladeSystem C-Class enclosures. Here's what each part of the product code refers to:
- 748742-001: This is the part number for the HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver.
- HPE Bladesystem C-Class: This refers to the specific line of HPE BladeSystem products that this transceiver is compatible with.
- 40GB QSFP+: This transceiver module supports 40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) data rates, and uses a quad small form-factor pluggable (QSFP+) interface to connect with other network devices.
- Mpo SR4: This refers to the type of optical connector used by the transceiver. Mpo stands for "multi-fiber push-on," which is a type of connector that can accommodate up to 12 optical fibers. SR4 stands for "short-range 4-lane," which indicates that this transceiver is optimized for short-distance data transmissions over 4 optical lanes.
- 300M: This refers to the maximum distance that this transceiver can transmit data reliably, which is up to 300 meters.
In terms of performance, the HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver is capable of supporting high-speed data transmissions over short distances. With a maximum data rate of 40 GbE, it is well-suited for use in data centers and other high-performance computing environments that require fast and reliable data transfer. The Mpo SR4 connector type enables the transceiver to support multiple optical fibers, which can increase the total bandwidth available for data transmission.
In terms of reliability, the HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver is designed to meet high standards of quality and performance. It is built to withstand the demands of data center environments, with robust construction that provides protection against temperature fluctuations, humidity, and other environmental factors. Additionally, HPE offers a limited warranty on the transceiver module to provide customers with added peace of mind. Overall, this transceiver is a reliable and high-performing option for organizations that require fast and efficient data transfer in their IT infrastructure.
Key Features of QSFP+ Transceiver
The 748742-001 HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver is a networking device that is designed for use with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) BladeSystem C-Class servers. This transceiver is used to connect network switches, routers, and other devices to the BladeSystem C-Class servers, enabling high-speed data transfer and communication.
Here are some of the key features of the 748742-001 HPE Bladesystem C-Class 40GB QSFP+ Mpo SR4 300M Transceiver:
- High Speed: This transceiver is capable of supporting data transfer speeds of up to 40 Gbps, making it ideal for high-speed networking applications.
- MPO Connector: The transceiver features an MPO connector, which is a type of optical fiber connector that allows for the simultaneous transmission of multiple signals.
- SR4 Technology: The transceiver uses SR4 technology, which stands for "short reach 4-lane." This technology enables high-speed data transfer over short distances, up to 300 meters.
- QSFP+ Form Factor: The transceiver is designed in a QSFP+ form factor, which is a compact and low-power design that allows for easy installation and operation.
- Multi-Mode Fiber: The transceiver is compatible with multi-mode fiber, which is a type of optical fiber that allows for the transmission of multiple signals at once.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Manufacturer Part Number: 748742-001
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: 40 Gigabit
- Device type : qsfp+ transceiver module
- Form factor : plug-in module
- Connectivity technology : wired
- Cabling type : 40gbase-sr4
- Data link protocol : 40 gigabit ethernet
- Data transfer rate : 40 gbps
- Optical wave length : 850 nm
- Max transfer distance : 984 ft
- Compliant standards : ieee 802.3ba
Expansions And Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X Ethernet 40gbase-Sr4 - Mpo Multi-Mode
About Refurbished Products
Building a fibre-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fibre systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radios. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt the transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fibre optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in the transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fibre optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fibre optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.