Configuration and Management Options
The HPE AP-505-US Aruba AP-505 (US) is a high-performance wireless access point designed for use in enterprise networks. It provides a unified solution for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks, with a maximum data transfer rate of 1.2 Gbps. The access point can be configured and managed through several options, including:
- Web-based graphical user interface (GUI): The AP-505 can be configured and managed through a web-based GUI. The GUI provides an intuitive interface for configuring wireless network settings such as SSID, security settings, and network performance.
- Command-line interface (CLI): The AP-505 can also be configured and managed through a command-line interface (CLI). The CLI provides advanced configuration options for expert users who prefer to work with a command-line interface.
- Aruba Central cloud management: The AP-505 can be managed through the Aruba Central cloud management platform. This platform provides a centralized dashboard for managing multiple APs, as well as advanced analytics and reporting tools.
- Aruba Instant On mobile app: The AP-505 can also be managed through the Aruba Instant On mobile app. The app provides an easy-to-use interface for managing APs from a mobile device, including configuring network settings, monitoring network performance, and managing user access.
Security Features and Protocols
The HPE AP-505-US Aruba AP-505 (US) Unified 1.2 GBPS Access Point is a wireless access point designed for use in enterprise environments. It offers a range of security features and protocols to ensure the safety and privacy of the wireless network and the devices that connect to it. Here are some of the security features and protocols supported by the AP-505:
- WPA3: This is the latest wireless security protocol that provides enhanced protection against attacks, including brute-force attacks and offline dictionary attacks. It uses 256-bit encryption to secure data transmission.
- Enhanced Open: This is a new security protocol that provides protection against malicious attacks by encrypting the data transmitted over the network. It uses Opportunistic Wireless Encryption (OWE) to secure data transmission.
- AES encryption: The AP-505 supports AES encryption, which is a highly secure encryption method that uses a 128-bit key to encrypt data.
- Firewall protection: The AP-505 has an integrated firewall that provides protection against unauthorized access to the network.
- MAC address filtering: The AP-505 can be configured to allow only authorized devices to connect to the network by filtering MAC addresses.
- VLAN support: The AP-505 supports VLANs, which can be used to segment the network and prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Secure boot: The AP-505 has a secure boot process that ensures that only authorized firmware can be loaded onto the device.
- HTTPS: The AP-505 supports HTTPS, which encrypts communication between the web browser and the access point's management interface.
- 802.1X authentication: The AP-505 supports 802.1X authentication, which is a highly secure authentication method that requires users to provide credentials before being allowed to connect to the network.
Performance and Scalability
The HPE AP-505-US Aruba AP-505 (US) Unified 1.2 GBPS Access Point is a high-performance wireless access point that is designed to provide fast and reliable wireless connectivity in demanding environments such as large offices, campuses, and other high-density locations.
The AP-505-US access point supports the latest Wi-Fi standards including 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6), which provide faster speeds and better performance than previous Wi-Fi standards. This allows the access point to deliver wireless speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps, enabling faster downloads and uploads, smoother streaming, and better overall user experience.
In addition to its high performance, the AP-505-US access point is also highly scalable. It supports advanced features such as clustering and multi-zone capability, which allow multiple access points to be managed as a single entity, providing seamless roaming and maximum coverage across large areas. This makes it easy to deploy and manage multiple access points across an enterprise network, while maintaining consistent performance and reliability.
General Information about this HPE AP-505-US
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# AP-505-US
- Product Series: 500
- Product Model: AP-505
- Product Type: Wireless Access Point
Technical Information of this HPE In-Ceiling Access Point
- Form Factor: In-Ceiling
- Wireless LAN Standard 802.11ax
- Data Transfer Rate: 1.2 GBPS
- Bluetooth Standard: Bluetooth 5
- Frequency Band: 2.40 GHz, 5 GHz
- Total Number of Antennas: 2
- Number of Internal Antennas: 2
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 1.77 Gbit/s
- MIMO Technology: Yes
- Beamforming Technology: Yes
Dimensions & Weight for this HPE 1.2 GBPS Access Point
- Height: 1.5 Inch
- Width: 6.3 Inch
- Depth: 6.3 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 1.10 lb
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 1
- PoE PD Port: Yes
- Form Factor: Ceiling Mountable
A wireless network connection allows users to connect their server, computer, or mobile phone networks without the use of any kind of wire cables.
Using a wireless network, enterprises and private owners are able to avoid the expensive and strenuous process of installing cables. There is no need for wired devices between equipment in different locations and into the buildings.
Wireless network router, for example, allows for simultaneous connection sharing between various wireless accessories for a better performance experience. Wireless networks make use of radio waves to allow devices to connect. They can connect devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and smart televisions to the internet or other applications.
When users have their wireless devices connected to Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, the connection remains established to that particular business network. While installing a new wireless networking device in homes or offices, users must consider several things. One of the most important ones is the unit's compatibility with other wireless accessories
Wireless Networking Devices
Fast and reliable internet connectivity is guaranteed when users pick the right set of networking devices for home and office networks. Wireless devices come in different varieties. These different types of networking devices only function to suit users' connectivity requirements. Wireless routers connect devices to the internet for high-quality streaming and surfing. They also improve users' streaming experience and other internet activities.
In most cases, wireless networking devices help users get their work done easily with lesser stress. They ensure fast and reliable internet connectivity at all times.
You can choose the right device for your needs from a wide selection of AllHDD wireless devices. We have new and refurbished devices like 1 to 8-port interface cards, external 3G and 4G modems, wireless access points with the speed range from 11MBps up to 5.2GBps and everything in between.
Main Types of Wireless Networks
There are four main types of wireless networks:
Wireless Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network links two or more devices using a wireless connection method. It provides a connection via access points to a wider internet. Wi-Fi is the most commonly known and used wireless LAN type.
A local-area network is one that exists at a single location—an office building, for instance. LANs can be used to connect a wide array of accessories, such as scanners, printers, and even data storage devices.
The known components of LANs include switches, access points, routers, firewalls, and Ethernet cables.
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
A metropolitan-area network is one that spreads across a city, small geographical area, business area, or even college campus. One distinguishing factor that differentiates MANs from LANs is the coverage capacity or size. LANs usually provide a network for a building or specific area.
While MANs, on the other hand, cover several square miles depending on the desires and requirements of the organization using it. Large-scale companies often obtain MANs to level up with their needs.
This happens most especially in situations whereby a company has a spacious organization. Then, they have the need to manage important components such as climate control and electrical systems.
Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)
A wide-area network covers an incredibly vast area. It can be a whole city, an entire state, or even a country. The internet everyone uses today is an apt example of WAN access. Just like the internet, a WAN consists of smaller networks, such as LANs or MANs.
The cellular service we get on our mobile devices today is the most commonly known example of wireless Wide Area Networks. It is always available everywhere we go within the country.
Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN)
Personal-area networks consist of a network mainly concentrated around the devices of a single person in a particular location.
A PAN could have a mobile phone, computer, video game console, or other auxiliary devices. They are regular home devices and small office devices. A well-known example of a wireless PAN is Bluetooth.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.