Benefits of Using Power Cord
The IBM Power Cord 4.3m 208v Double 30a Nema L6-30p (part number 39M5446) is a power cord that can be used to provide electrical power to various types of equipment. The main benefits of using this power cord include:
- Length: The 4.3 meter length of the cord allows for greater flexibility in positioning equipment and can be useful in situations where the power source is located a distance away from the equipment.
- Voltage and amperage: The cord is rated for 208V and 30A, which is suitable for high-power equipment such as servers and other types of IT equipment.
- Connector type: The NEMA L6-30P connector is a commonly used type in data centers and other professional environments.
- Safety: The cord is built to meet industry safety standards, ensuring that it is safe to use in professional environments.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The IBM Power Cord 4.3m 208v Double 30a Nema L6-30p (part number 39M5446) is a power cord used to connect IBM servers and other equipment to a 208V, 30A power source.
For maintenance and troubleshooting, the following steps can be taken:
- Check that the power cord is securely plugged into both the server or equipment and the power source.
- Inspect the cord for any damage, such as frayed or exposed wires. If any damage is found, the cord should be replaced.
- Check the power source to ensure that it is providing the correct voltage and amperage.
- If the server or equipment is not turning on or is experiencing power issues, check the server or equipment's power supply and power distribution unit (PDU) for any issues.
- If the problem persists, consult the server or equipment's documentation or contact IBM support for further assistance.
Length and Voltage of 250V Power Cord
The 39M5446 IBM Power Cord is a 4.3 meter (14 feet) long electrical cable that is used to supply power to IBM equipment. The cord has a voltage rating of 208 volts and is rated for double 30 amp current. The plug on one end of the cord is a NEMA L6-30P, which is a type of locking plug that is commonly used in North America for heavy-duty electrical equipment.
The length of the cord, 4.3 meters, is important because it determines the maximum distance that the cord can be used from the electrical outlet to the equipment. A longer cord allows for more flexibility in positioning the equipment, but a shorter cord is less likely to become tangled or damaged.
The voltage rating of 208 volts is important because it determines the maximum amount of electrical energy that the cord can safely handle. A higher voltage rating allows for more powerful equipment to be used, but a lower voltage rating is less likely to cause damage to the equipment or the cord.
The double 30 amp current rating is important because it determines the maximum amount of electrical current that the cord can safely handle. A higher current rating allows for more powerful equipment to be used, but a lower current rating is less likely to cause damage to the equipment or the cord.
The NEMA L6-30P plug on one end of the cord is a type of locking plug that is commonly used in North America for heavy-duty electrical equipment. The plug has a locking mechanism that helps to keep the cord securely connected to the equipment and prevent accidental disconnections.
- Manufacturer: IBM
- MPN: 39M5446
- Type: Cable
- Sub-Type: 250V
- SKU: 39M5446
About New Bulk Pack Products
Different applications require different types of power cords. The kind of power cord that you will buy also depends on your country or region. There are different power cable standards depending on the geographical location. That means you have a challenging task when shopping for power cords for the first time. But in many cases, people are looking for a replacement. So, what are the different power cord types to consider?
The IEC 60320 Standards
This is the standard for many power cords rated for a voltage below 250 volts. It is important to note that different countries use different IEC power cord standards, as we will see shortly. Usually, the letter C is appended to the specification number to represent the connector type. Different combinations exist, but we will go through the most common ones.
- C13: Commonly used for supplying power to computing devices such as the CPU, monitor, servers, etc. They are the most common standards. They are connected to C14 receptacles, usually attached to the target device.
- C15: Power cords with C15 connectors are commonly used in applications where high temperatures are involved. Such applications include computer networking closets and PoE switches, which are highly rated for power usage.
- C19: These are used for applications that require high current. Some of the places where you would consider such connectors are the enterprise-class servers, data center rack-mount PDUs, etc.
Power cord types depend on the connector at either end of it. Examples include C13-C14, C13-SEV, C13-SI, C20-C15, C20-C19, etc.
The North American NEMA 5-15P
NEMA standards are commonly used in most North American Countries such as the US and Canada. That is because of the type of wall receptacles in these countries. The letters P and R are appended to the standards to represent plug and receptacle, respectively. For example, you can have a power cord labeled as NEMA 5-15P to C13 or NEMA 5-15P to NEMA 5-15R.
Buy Power Cord of the Right Length
Apart from the electrical rating that we hurriedly check, you also need to get the cable length right. That is important to reduce transmission losses. At ALLHDD, you will find the best cable sizes for every application. Whether you need power cords for catalyst or any other use, we have the right size. Buy 6 feet, 14 feet, 2.5M, or any cable length only at ALLHDD and at the best price.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.