The Cisco SG102-24 is a compact, fixed-configuration Ethernet switch designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It has 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports and two mini-GBIC (SFP) ports for fiber connectivity. The switch supports both wire-speed Layer 2 switching and basic Layer 3 routing, and includes advanced security and management features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Advanced Security, and IPv6 support. Additionally, the switch can be managed remotely using a web browser or the Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA) software, making it easy to monitor and configure the switch from anywhere on the network.
The Cisco SG102-24 is a high-performance switch that is capable of delivering wire-speed performance on all of its ports. This means that it can handle the full-duplex traffic at the maximum speed of each port, which is 1 Gbps for the Gigabit Ethernet ports. It uses a non-blocking switching architecture that allows it to forward and filter packets at full line rate without any packet loss.
Additionally, the Cisco part has a high packet forwarding rate, which means that it can process and forward a large number of packets per second. The exact forwarding rate will depend on the packet size and the mix of traffic, but generally it can support a high number of concurrent connections.
In terms of latency, the Cisco model is designed to minimize delay in packet forwarding, thus it ensure low latency which is good for real-time applications like VoIP, Video Streaming and Gaming.
Reliability of 24 Ports Ethernet Switch
The Cisco SG102-24 is designed for reliability, it has a number of features that help ensure that it can continue to operate in case of a failure. Some of these features include:
- Redundant Power Supplies: The switch has dual power supply capabilities, which means that if one power supply fails, the other can take over, keeping the switch operational.
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) support: It supports Link Aggregation which allows you to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link, increasing the bandwidth and providing redundancy.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch can prioritize different types of traffic, so that critical applications like VoIP and video conferencing have priority over less-critical traffic. This helps ensure that the switch can continue to provide reliable service even when the network is congested.
- Advanced Security: The switch includes a number of advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Network Admission Control (NAC) to protect against unauthorized access and malware, which helps to ensure that the switch continues to operate securely.
- Remote Management: The switch can be managed remotely using a web browser or the Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA) software, allowing you to monitor and troubleshoot the switch from anywhere on the network.
General Information about this Cisco SG102-24
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# SG102-24
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Technical Information for 24 Ports Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair24
- Total Number of Ports: 24
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Number of SFP Slots: 2
- Layer Supported: 2
- Manageable: No
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported: No
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
Features of Managed Switch
- Switching capacity: 48 GBPS
- Forwarding capacity: 35.7 MPPS
- Ease of use
- Simple setup
- High performance
- Support for advanced technologies
- Each combo mini-GBIC port has one 10/100/1000 copper Ethernet port and one mini-GBIC/SFP Gigabit Ethernet slot, with one port active at a time.
Certifications & Standards
- UL (UL 60950), CSA (CSA 22.2), CE mark, FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A, IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, IEEE 802.1p Priority
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 1.8 Inch
- Width: 11 Inch
- Depth: 6.7 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 5.05 LBS
- Temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC (32ºF to 104ºF)
- Humidity: 10% - 90%, Non-condensing
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SG102-24 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.