Advanced Security Features of Ethernet Switch
The WS-C2912-LRE-XL Cisco Catalyst 16-port Ethernet switch provides advanced security features to help protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks. Some of these security features include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs allow administrators to define and enforce granular security policies by blocking or permitting access to specific network resources based on IP addresses, protocols, and port numbers.
- Port Security: Port security helps to prevent unauthorized access by limiting the number of MAC addresses that are allowed to connect to a particular switch port. This helps to prevent rogue devices from accessing the network.
- VLAN Support: The switch supports Virtual LANs (VLANs), which help to segment the network into different broadcast domains. This allows for more secure and efficient communication between different departments or groups within an organization.
- 802.1x Authentication: The switch supports 802.1x authentication, which provides a secure method for users to authenticate to the network. This helps to prevent unauthorized access and ensures that only authorized users are able to access network resources.
- SSH/SSL Encryption: The switch supports secure shell (SSH) and secure socket layer (SSL) encryption, which helps to ensure that all network communication is encrypted, even when the switch is managed remotely. This helps to prevent unauthorized access and data theft.
These advanced security features provide a high level of protection for the network and help to ensure that sensitive information remains secure.
Remote Management and Access
The WS-C2912-LRE-XL Cisco Catalyst 16 Ports Ethernet Switch supports remote management and access for ease of maintenance and configuration. This can be achieved through:
- Command Line Interface (CLI) - A command line interface can be accessed through Telnet, SSH or console port for configuration and management of the switch.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) - The switch supports SNMP v1, v2c and v3, allowing remote monitoring of the switch's performance and status.
- Cisco Network Assistant - A graphical user interface that simplifies switch configuration and management, which can be accessed remotely through a web browser.
- Remote Monitoring (RMON) - The switch supports RMON for remote monitoring of network performance and usage.
- Web Interface - The switch provides a web interface for remote management and access to switch configuration, monitoring and management tools.
These features allow administrators to manage the switch remotely and ensure the availability and reliability of the network.
Hardware Specifications and Features
WS-C2912-LRE-XL is a Cisco Catalyst switch with the following hardware specifications and features:
- 16 Ethernet 10/100 ports
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- 1RU Form Factor
- Internal Power Supply
- Redundant Fans
- LRE (Long Reach Ethernet) Technology for extended network reach up to 40 km
- VLANs for network segmentation
- Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritization of network traffic
- Layer 2 Switching for basic network connectivity
- Support for Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) for network loop prevention
- Support for Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for link aggregation
- Support for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) for automatic IP assignment
Note: WS-C2912-LRE-XL is a legacy product and might not be available for purchase or support from Cisco.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2912-LRE-XL
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-C2912-LRE-XL
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 2900
- Product Model 2912-LRE-XL
- Product Name Catalyst 2912 LRE XL Ethernet Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 12
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 4
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x Fast Ethernet Network
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard Category 5
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
- Flash Memory 4 MB
- MTBF 135000 Hour
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.