The WS-C3850-48P-L is a Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switch that is designed for use in enterprise networks and data centers. It is a stackable, enterprise-class switch that has 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, making it suitable for connecting a wide range of networking devices, such as computers, servers, and printers.
Some of the key features of the WS-C3850-48P-L include:
- High-speed performance: The switch is capable of delivering fast networking speeds of up to 1 Gbps (gigabit per second) per port.
- Stackable design: The switch can be stacked with other Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches, allowing you to easily expand your network as needed.
- Advanced features: The switch has a number of advanced features, such as Quality of Service (QoS), security features, and EnergyWise technology, which helps to reduce power consumption.
- Manageability: The switch is "manageable," meaning that it can be configured and monitored using various management tools and protocols, such as SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) and Telnet.
Compatibility of Cisco 48 Ports Switch
To ensure compatibility between a Cisco Catalyst 3850 48 ports switch and other networking devices, you will need to consider the following factors:
- Networking standard: The switch and the devices must support the same networking standard. For example, if the switch supports 802.11ac, the devices must also support 802.11ac.
- Frequency band: The switch and the devices must support the same frequency band. For example, if the switch uses the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the devices must also support the 2.4 GHz band.
- Speed: The switch and the devices must be capable of supporting the same speed. For example, if the switch has a maximum speed of 1 Gbps, the devices must also be capable of supporting speeds of at least 1 Gbps.
- Connectors: The switch and the devices must have compatible connectors. For example, if the switch has Gigabit Ethernet ports, the devices must have Gigabit Ethernet adapters or modules to be compatible.
By considering these factors, you can ensure that the Cisco Catalyst 3850 48 ports switch is compatible with the devices that it will be connecting to. It is always a good idea to check the specifications of both the switch and the devices to ensure compatibility.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C3850-48P-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# WS-C3850-48P-L
- Product Series: 3850
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Key Features of Manageable Switch
- Number of Ports: 48 Ports Managed Stackable
- Enclosure Type: Desktop, Rack-mountable - 1u
- Interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet
- Layer Supported: 2
- Ports: 48 X 10/100/1000 (poe+)
- Power Over Ethernet (poe): Poe+
- Poe Budget: 435 Watt
Performance for Poe+ Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard Category 5e
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
Operating environment of L2 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Normal operating temperature and altitudes:
- -5ºC to +45ºC, up to 5000 feet (1500m)
- -5ºC to +40ºC, up to 10,000 feet (3000m)
- Minimum ambient temperature for cold start is 32°F (0°C)
- Short-term exceptional conditions:
- -5ºC to +50ºC, up to 5000 feet (1500m)
- -5ºC to +45ºC, up to 10,000 feet (3000m)
- -5ºC to +45ºC, at sea level with single fan failure
- Not more than following in one-year period: 96 consecutive hours, or 360 hours total, or 15
- Auto-negotiation, Arp Support, Trunking, Vlan Support, Auto-uplink (auto Mdi/mdi-x), Igmp Snooping, Syslog Support, Ipv6 Support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (rstp) Support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp) Support, Dhcp Snooping, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (dtp) Support, Port Aggregation Protocol (pagp) Support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (tftp) Support, Access Control List (acl) Support, Quality Of Service (qos), Radius Support, Virtual Route Forwarding-lite (vrf-lite), Mld Snooping, Dynamic Arp Inspection (dai), Poe+, Stp Root Guard, Uni-directional Link Detection (udld), Rapid Per-vlan Spanning Tree Plus (pvrst+), Ipv4 Support, Shaped Round Robin (srr), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (lacp), Remote Switch Port Analyzer (rspan), Layer 3 Load Balancing, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Cisco Stackwise-480 Technology, Cisco Stackpower Technology, Flexible Netflow (fnf)
- Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3af, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.3at
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB on 48-port SFP+ model)
- Flash Memory: 2 GB (4 GB on 12-port and 24-port SFP+ models, 8 GB on 48-port SFP+ model)
Network Modules Selection
- C3850-NM-4-1G: 4 x 1G uplinks network module
- C3850-NM-4-10G: 4 x 10G uplinks network module
- C3850-NM-2-10G: 2 x 10G or 4 x 1G uplinks network module
- Customers can provide power to a switch by using either the internal power or StackPower from another member in the power stack. The connectors are located at the back of the switch. Internal power supply connector: The internal power supply is an autoranging unit. The internal power supply supports input voltages between 100 and 240VAC. Use the supplied AC power cord to connect the AC power connector to an AC power outlet.
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.75 inch
- Width: 17.5 inch
- Depth: 17.7 inch
- Weight: 17.40 LBS
- IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protoco
- IEEE 802.1p CoS Prioritization
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
- IEEE 802.1s
- IEEE 802.1w
- IEEE 802.1X
- IEEE 802.1X-Rev
- IEEE 802.11
- IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP)
- IEEE 802.3ad
- IEEE 802.3x full duplex on 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T ports
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-X
- RMON I and II standards
- SNMP v1, v2c, and v3
- IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3850-48P-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.