Configuration and Management of 10-2672-03
The 10-2672-03 Cisco 40GB QSFP+ Transceiver Module can be easily configured and managed through Cisco's network management software. This software provides a central location for monitoring and managing all Cisco network devices, including the 10-2672-03 module.
The management software allows for easy configuration of the module, such as setting up port properties and monitoring module status. It also provides detailed information about the module, including firmware version, diagnostic information, and module statistics.
The management software can be accessed through a web browser or a command-line interface, providing a flexible and user-friendly experience. In addition, the management software can be used to monitor multiple devices and configurations, making it easy to manage a large network environment.
Furthermore, the 10-2672-03 Cisco 40GB QSFP+ Transceiver Module can be managed remotely, allowing for network administrators to monitor and manage the module from any location with an internet connection. This remote management capability provides greater flexibility and helps to reduce downtime.
The 10-2672-03 Cisco 40GB QSFP+ Transceiver Module is a high-quality and reliable network component, but like any technology, it may experience issues or failures. Here are some troubleshooting tips to help resolve common issues with the module:
- Check Connections: Ensure that the module is properly connected to the switch or router and that the connections are secure.
- Verify LED Status: Check the LED status on the module to see if it is indicating any error codes or warnings.
- Update Firmware: Check to see if there is an updated firmware version for the module and install it if necessary.
- Test with Known Good Cable: If there are issues with the fiber connection, try testing the module with a known good cable to determine if the cable is the cause of the problem.
- Replace the Module: If all else fails, the module may need to be replaced. Check with Cisco for warranty and replacement options.
- Consult Documentation: The module comes with detailed documentation and technical specifications, which can be a valuable resource for troubleshooting issues.
- Contact Technical Support: If the issue cannot be resolved, Cisco's technical support team is available to assist with troubleshooting and resolve any technical issues.
Power Consumption of Transceiver Module
The 10-2672-03 Cisco 40GB QSFP+ Transceiver Module is designed to be energy-efficient, consuming less power compared to other transceiver modules on the market. The power consumption of the module is rated at 1.5 watts, making it an environmentally-friendly and cost-effective solution for upgrading network infrastructure.
The module features a power-saving design that reduces energy consumption while still delivering high-performance capabilities. This is achieved through the use of advanced power management technologies, such as low power mode, which reduces power consumption when the module is not in use.
In addition, the hot-swappable design of the module allows for easy installation and maintenance without disrupting the network, reducing the power consumption required for these activities. The module is also designed to meet industry standards for power consumption, such as the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard, further reducing energy costs.
Main Information about this Cisco 10-2672-03
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU # 10-2672-03
- Product Type: QSFP+ Transceiver Module
Technical Information of Transceiver Module
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Cabling Type 40GBASE-SR4
- Data Link Protocol 40 Gigabit LAN
- Data Transfer Rate 40GBPS
- Optical Wave Length 850 nm
- Max Transfer Distance 492 ft
- Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3ba
Expansions And Connectivity of 40GBPS Transceiver
- Interfaces 1 x 40Gb Ethernet - MPO multi-mode
- Compatible Slots 1 x QSFP+
- Form Factor Plug-in module
- Color Beige
- Compliant Standards Laser Class 1, ELV, RoHS, IEC 60825-1, GR-326-CORE, MSA, GR-20-CORE, GR-1435-CORE
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.