The 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 HH (Half Height) SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) Internal Tape Drive is a high-performance data storage device designed for use in enterprise-level data backup and archival systems. Here are the key specifications of this tape drive:
- Storage capacity: The 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 HH SAS Internal Tape Drive has a native storage capacity of 2.5 terabytes (TB) and a compressed storage capacity of up to 6.25 TB. This means that you can store up to 6.25 TB of compressed data on a single tape cartridge.
- Data transfer rate: The maximum data transfer rate of the 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 HH SAS Internal Tape Drive is 160 megabytes per second (MB/s) for native data and up to 400 MB/s for compressed data. This fast data transfer rate helps to reduce the time required to back up and restore large amounts of data.
- Interface: The 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 HH SAS Internal Tape Drive uses a SAS interface, which is a high-speed, serial interface used for connecting storage devices to a host system. The SAS interface offers faster data transfer rates than traditional SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) interfaces.
- Encryption: The 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 HH SAS Internal Tape Drive supports AES-256 hardware encryption, which provides a high level of data security. This means that your data is protected from unauthorized access even if the tape cartridge is lost or stolen.
- Compatibility: The 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 HH SAS Internal Tape Drive is backward compatible with LTO-5 and LTO-4 tape drives, which means that you can use it to read and write data to LTO-5 and LTO-4 tape cartridges.
Data Transfer Rates and Throughput
The 39U3574 IBM 2.50TB/6.25TB LTO-6 HH SAS Internal Tape Drive is a high-capacity tape drive designed for use in data backup and archiving applications. It uses the Linear Tape-Open (LTO) 6 technology to store data on a magnetic tape cartridge.
The data transfer rate of the 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 tape drive is up to 160 MB/s (compressed) and 80 MB/s (native). The compressed data transfer rate is achieved by compressing the data before it is written to the tape, which can increase the amount of data that can be stored on the tape. The native data transfer rate is the rate at which data is written to the tape without compression.
The throughput of the 39U3574 IBM LTO-6 tape drive depends on several factors, including the data transfer rate, the size of the data being transferred, and the configuration of the host system. In general, the throughput of the tape drive can be calculated using the following formula:
Throughput = Data transfer rate * (1 - Data compression ratio) * 0.9
The data compression ratio is the ratio of compressed data size to the uncompressed data size. The 0.9 factor takes into account the overhead associated with the tape drive operation.
For example, if the data transfer rate is 160 MB/s and the data compression ratio is 2:1, the throughput of the tape drive can be calculated as:
Throughput = 160 MB/s * (1 - 0.5) * 0.9 = 64.8 MB/s
Security Features and Encryption Options
The 39U3574 IBM 2.50TB/6.25TB LTO-6 HH SAS Internal Tape Drive comes with several security features and encryption options that help ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your data. Here are some of the key features:
- AES-256 encryption: The tape drive supports AES-256 encryption, which is a widely used and highly secure encryption algorithm. This means that your data is protected by a strong encryption key that can only be accessed with the correct password.
- WORM (Write-Once, Read-Many) support: The tape drive supports WORM, which allows you to write data to the tape once and then prevent it from being modified or erased. This is useful for data that needs to be retained for compliance or legal purposes.
- Key management: The tape drive includes a key management system that allows you to securely store and manage your encryption keys. This helps ensure that your keys are protected from unauthorized access or theft.
- Secure erase: The tape drive includes a secure erase feature that allows you to securely erase all data from the tape. This is useful if you need to dispose of the tape or transfer it to another user.
- Tamper-evident labels: The tape drive comes with tamper-evident labels that can be affixed to the tape cartridge to provide an extra layer of security. These labels show evidence of any tampering or unauthorized access to the tape.
- Manufacturer: IBM
- Manufacturer Part Number: 39U3574
- Type: Tape Drive
- Sub-Type: Tape Storage
Key Features :
- Tape Type : Lto-6
- Enclosure Type : Internal
- Native Drive Capacity : 2.50TB
- Interface Type : Sas
- Technical Features :
- Compressed Drive Capacity : 6.25TB
- Native Data Transfer Rate : 160 Mbps
- Compressed Data Transfer Rate : 400 Mbps
- Form Factor : Half-height
About Refurbished Products
Media preservation has come a long way, and the methods of storing data over the years are ever-changing. However, one method had stood out since its invention in 1949; and that's tape storage. If you are looking for durability, low cost, longevity, energy efficiency, density, and scalability, then investing in tape storage is a smart move. Thanks to our vast collection of tape drive storage devices, you are all covered when this is what you need. Depending on your budget and storage needs, you can choose from categories including LTO - 5 Lib Expansion, LTO - 5 Rack Mount, LTO - 5 Library, LTO - 6 Library, LTO - 6 Rack Mount, LTO - 6 Lib Expansion, LTO - 6 Internal, LTO - 6 External, LTO - 6 Auto Loader, Magstar Internal, SDLT 220 External, SDLT 220 Internal, SDLT 320 External, SDLT 320 Loader, SDLT 320 Internal, SDLT 600 External, SDLT 600 Internal, SDLT 600 Loader, Storageworks Internal, Storageworks Library, Travan 10-20GB Internal, and Travan 20-40GB Internal. Tape drives present an excellent means to write data to storage and hold onto data for a couple of decades. They make an ideal medium for long-term storage and backups.
What is Tape Storage?
A tape drive is a storage device designed to store data on magnetic tape. It is primarily used for backup and archiving purposes. It functions like a tape recorder in recording data on a loop of a flexible celluloid-like medium that is readable and erasable. Tape drives operate in two ways. The first uses a linear tape technology where the heads never touch the tape or a regular helical scan where the playback and recording heads touch the tape.
Choosing a Tape Drive; Buying Guide
There are countless tape drives available on the market today; these few considerations will keep you on track when choosing one.
You'd want to go for a tape drive with the ability to complete a tape backup within your window of possibility. For instance, back up 400GB will call for a transfer rate of approximately 30GB/hour.
Tape drive manufacturers are always known to specify the drive's Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF). Check this vital information to measure the reliability of the drive. A typical example is the Travan tape drive with an MTBF of 370,000 hours at a 20% duty cycle, and running the drive longer will reduce its reliability. Depending on your needs, you can tell if this tape drive is the best or not.
A tape drive should have the capacity to store your backups, and well come at the right price. The price of the drive is a function of capacity and performance. There are continuous modifications in tape capacity; the largest capacity is always a high price. However, it would help if you considered how much value-for-money the tape drive will give you. Depending on your budget and needs, you may prefer capacity over performance and vice versa.
Choose allhdd.com for all your tape drive purchases and stand to enjoy free-ground shipping, affordability, and unbeatable customer support.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.