Features and Benefits
The 7Y37A01084 Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller is a high-performance storage controller that offers several features and benefits.
- 12 Gbps SAS and 6 Gbps SATA support: The controller supports both SAS and SATA hard drives, providing flexibility in choosing the appropriate drive type for your storage needs.
- 8 internal ports: The controller has 8 internal ports, allowing for the connection of up to 8 hard drives.
- RAID support: The controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 5, and 50, providing data protection and performance optimization.
- Advanced software: The controller comes with advanced software, such as RAID management tools and diagnostic utilities, to help manage and troubleshoot the storage array.
- High performance: The controller supports 12 Gbps SAS and 6 Gbps SATA, providing fast data transfer speeds and improved performance.
- Flexibility: The controller supports both SAS and SATA hard drives, allowing for the use of the most cost-effective drives for your storage needs.
- Data protection: The controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 5, and 50, providing data protection and minimizing the risk of data loss.
- Easy management: The controller comes with advanced software, such as RAID management tools and diagnostic utilities, to make it easy to manage and troubleshoot the storage array.
- Compatible: The controller is compatible with Lenovo ThinkSystem servers, providing seamless integration and easy installation.
Installation and Setup Guide
Installing and setting up the 7Y37A01084 Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller can be done by following these steps:
- Prepare the server: Before installing the controller, make sure that the server is properly configured and that the operating system is up to date. Also, ensure that the server has an available PCIE 3.0 x8 slot.
- Install the controller: Install the controller into the PCIE 3.0 x8 slot, making sure that it is properly seated and securely fastened.
- Connect the storage devices: Connect the storage devices, such as hard drives or SSDs, to the controller. Make sure that the connections are secure and that the devices are properly powered on.
- Install the driver and software: Install the controller's driver and software, which can be found on the Lenovo website or on the included CD. This software will allow you to manage and configure the controller and storage devices.
- Configure the storage: Once the controller and storage devices are connected and the software is installed, you can configure the storage. This may include creating RAID arrays, setting up logical volumes, or configuring the storage for use with a specific operating system or application.
- Test the controller and storage: After the controller and storage are configured, it is recommended to test them to ensure that they are working properly. You can use the software that came with the controller to run diagnostic tests or perform a data transfer test.
- Update the firmware: It is recommended to check for any firmware updates and install them to ensure that the controller and storage devices are running the latest firmware version for optimal performance and security.
It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and not to force any connections or power on the storage devices before connecting them to the controller. The process will be complete after all the steps are done and you can start using the storage controller for your data storage needs.
Management and Monitoring
The 7Y37A01084 Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller can be managed and monitored in several ways.
- Lenovo XClarity Controller: The Lenovo XClarity Controller is a centralized management software that allows for the monitoring and management of the storage controller, as well as other Lenovo server components. This includes the ability to monitor and configure the storage controller, as well as perform firmware updates.
- CLI: The storage controller can also be accessed and configured through a Command Line Interface (CLI) using Telnet or SSH. This allows for more advanced configuration and troubleshooting of the controller.
- SNMP: The storage controller can be monitored and managed using the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for network monitoring and management software.
- Deployment: The storage controller can be installed in a Lenovo server or in a standalone mode, and it supports hot-swappable installation and removal.
- Security: The storage controller supports various security features such as access control lists and port security to protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks.
- Monitoring: The storage controller can be monitored for performance, health, and capacity using the Lenovo XClarity Controller or other third-party monitoring software. This allows administrators to quickly identify and resolve any issues that may arise.
General Information 7Y37A01084 Lenovo
MPN : 7Y37A01084
SKU : 7Y37A01084
Technical Information 7Y37A01084
Device Type: Storage Controller (Raid) - Plug-In Card - Low Profile
Interface: SATA/SAS 12GB/S
Data Transfer Rate: 1.2 GBPS
Supported Devices: Hard Drive, Disk Array (Raid), Solid State Drive
Channel Qty: 8
Max Storage Devices Qty: 8
Raid Level: Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 5, Raid 6, Raid 10, Raid 50, Jbod, Raid 6
Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 For X86/Amd64/Intel Em64t, Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 6 X64 Edition, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 With Xen For Amd64/Em64t, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12, Vmware Vsphere 6.0 (Esxi), Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12 With Xen, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Vmware Vsphere 6.5 (Esxi)
Designed For Thinksystem Sr530, Sr550, Sr570, Sr590, Sr630, Sr650, Sr850, Sr860, Sr950, St550
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 7Y37A01084 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.