Operating System Compatibility
The Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller (01KN507) is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, providing flexibility and ease of use.
- Windows Compatibility: The controller is compatible with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, providing seamless integration with Windows-based environments.
- Linux Compatibility: The controller is compatible with popular Linux distributions, providing compatibility with Linux-based environments.
- VMware Compatibility: The controller is compatible with VMware vSphere, providing compatibility with virtualized environments.
- Other Operating Systems: The controller may also be compatible with other operating systems, providing flexibility and ease of use.
High-speed Data Transfer
The Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller (01KN507) is designed for high-speed data transfer, delivering fast and efficient data transfer for improved performance.
- 12 Gbps Data Transfer Rates: The controller supports 12 Gbps data transfer rates, providing fast and efficient data transfer for improved performance.
- SATA and SAS Support: The controller supports both SATA and SAS drives, providing compatibility with a wide range of storage devices.
- PCI Express 3.0: The controller is based on PCI Express 3.0 technology, providing increased data transfer rates and improved performance.
- Multiple Drives Support: The controller supports multiple drives, providing increased storage capacity and improved performance.
Performance and Scalability
The Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller (01KN507) is designed for high performance and scalability, delivering reliable and efficient storage for growing environments.
- High-speed Data Transfer: The controller supports 12 Gbps data transfer rates, providing fast and efficient data transfer for improved performance.
- Scalable Storage: The controller supports multiple drives, providing scalability as storage needs grow.
- Improved Performance: The controller is based on PCI Express 3.0 technology, providing increased data transfer rates and improved performance.
- Enhanced Reliability: The controller supports advanced data protection features such as RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60, providing enhanced reliability and data protection.
- Efficient Management: The controller is designed with efficient management in mind, providing simple and easy-to-use management tools and software.
- Brand : Lenovo
- MPN : 01KN507
- Type: Controller
- Sub-Type : SAS-SATA
- SKU : 01KN507
- Device Type Storage Controller (Raid) - Plug-In Card - Low Profile
- Bus Type PCIE 3.0 X8
- Interface SATA/SAS 12GB/S
- Data Transfer Rate 1.2 GBPS
- Supported Devices Hard Drive, Disk Array (Raid), Solid State Drive
- Channel Qty 8
- Max Storage Devices Qty 8
- Raid Level Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 5, Raid 6, Raid 10, Raid 50, Jbod, Raid 60
- System Requirements Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 For X86/Amd64/Intel Em64t, Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 6 X64 Edition, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 With Xen For Amd64/Em64t, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12, Vmware Vsphere 6.0 (Esxi), Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12 With Xen, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Vmware Vsphere 6.5 (Esxi)
- Designed For Thinksystem Sr530, Sr550, Sr570, Sr590, Sr630, Sr650, Sr850, Sr860, Sr950, St550.
SAS controllers facilitate the use of SATA drives to increase the storage capacity with extreme ease. You can get the best SAS SATA controllers here on allhdd.com. Our SAS SATA controllers are some of the best you can find around at the best prices.
SATA is the acronym for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment while the SCSI, nicknamed Scuzzy, is short for Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface.
SATA and SAS connectors help link up your computer components, including media and hard drives to the system's motherboard. SATA drives are more affordable and used for personal computing while fast and reliable SAS drives are the best fit for servers.
On the other hand, SAS controllers work flawlessly on SATA hard drives because both share identical infrastructure and possess related characteristics.
If you'd prefer speed over space, then a SAS-based hard drive is your best bet. However, SATA drives on the other hand, while lagging in terms of speed have a much larger storage capacity.
Data Transfer Speed
Throughput is the volume of data that a drive can move, process, or read and write in a specific amount of time. The drive's throughput is usually tested to measure its speed.
The Input/output operations per second (IOPS) may also be measured. However, the IOPS and throughput outcomes usually imply the same things about the drive.
While the SAS drives boast higher throughput than SATA drives; there are fewer general delays. But there is some overlap between the more high-speed SATA drives and slower SAS drives. On allhdd.com, you can shop some of the best SAS SATA controllers from well-known brands across the world.
While a handful of factors affect the drive's performance, the major factor affecting throughput is the revolution per minute (rpm). Consequently, the higher the rpm, the higher the drive's throughput.
The speed variation is most notable when dealing with large files. A SAS drive boasting 15000 rpm will most likely read and write a 1TB file faster than a SATA drive with 7200 rpm.
Most SATA-based drives' usual speed ranges from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm, and most SAS-based drives run between 7200 rpm and 15000 rpm.
SAS-SATA Controllers on Allhdd.com
While you can count on both quality and affordability, we also bring you a wide range of SAS SATA controllers to cater to your storage needs. SAS and SATA's notable difference is that SAS is developed to endure 24/7 performance in firms, including data centers. Choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers including 24 Port, PERC H830, Expander Card, PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC 5, Host Bus Adapter, Equallogic, PERC H710, 4 Port, 1-Port, 8 Port, PERC H700, PERC H800, Smart Array, Serveraid, PERC H740, Raid Controller, PCI-E, 12 Port, Controller Card, and16 Port.
You can use a SATA drive for servers just as you would use a SAS drive. However, the SATA drive would deliver a slower performance and a higher probability of failing or hinting at a failure. This laxity could prove expensive to firms that depend on such drives.
A SAS drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) that ranges from (1.2-1.6 million) hours of use at 113°F (45°C), while that of a SATA drive is about (700,000-1.2 million) hours of use at 77°F (25°C).
SATA disk drives offer many benefits, including the fact that they boast an unbeatable combination of low cost, high capacity, and performance. Taking advantage of this with SAS SATA controllers could bring a significant return on investment. You can count on a 24/7 customer care center for all issues regarding sales and delivery. Allhdd.com delivers all items free of charge within the 48 U. S. states. Please choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers today for optimum performance.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 01KN507 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Controller - SAS-SATA
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.