Management and Maintenance
The 7Y37A01084 Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller can be managed and maintained in several ways.
- Management software: The storage controller can be managed using Lenovo Storage Manager software, which allows for the configuration of RAID levels, monitoring of storage usage, and management of firmware updates.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The storage controller can also be accessed and configured through a CLI using the Telnet or SSH protocols. This allows for more advanced configuration and troubleshooting of the controller.
- SNMP: The storage controller can be monitored and managed using the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for network monitoring and management software.
- Maintenance: The storage controller should be kept clean and free of dust to ensure proper airflow and cooling. The firmware should also be regularly updated to ensure that the controller is running the latest version.
- Backups: Regular backups of the data stored on the controller should be performed to ensure that the data can be recovered in case of a failure.
- Firmware upgrade: The firmware of the controller should be upgraded periodically to ensure that the controller is running the latest version. This can be done through the Lenovo Storage Manager software or through the CLI.
- Technical support: Lenovo provides technical support for the storage controller in case of any issues or problems. Customers can contact Lenovo for assistance with troubleshooting and resolving issues with the controller.
Compatibility and System Requirements
The 7Y37A01084 Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller is compatible with the following systems:
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR530
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR550
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR570
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR590
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR630
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650
- Lenovo ThinkSystem SR660
In terms of system requirements, the 7Y37A01084 storage controller has the following:
- A free PCIe 3.0 x8 slot is required to install the controller.
- The controller supports both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- A minimum of 4GB memory is required for the controller to function properly.
- The controller requires a minimum of 100MB of disk space for installation.
- The controller supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60.
It is important to note that the controller should be used only with Lenovo ThinkSystem servers and Lenovo ThinkSystem storage enclosures. Using it with other systems or storage devices can cause compatibility issues and may void the warranty.
Performance and Scalability
The 7Y37A01084 Lenovo 930-8I SATA/SAS 12GBPS PCIE 3.0 X8 Storage Controller has the following performance and scalability features:
- Performance: The controller supports 12 Gbps SAS and 6 Gbps SATA drives and provides high data transfer rates of up to 12 Gbps per port. This allows for faster access to data and improved overall system performance.
- Scalability: The controller supports up to 256 SAS and SATA drives and has eight internal ports, which allows for a high degree of scalability and flexibility in terms of storage capacity.
- RAID Support: The controller supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60, allowing for data protection and performance optimization.
- Expansion: The controller supports external expansion with the use of SAS expanders, allowing for even more scalability and storage capacity.
- Advanced Features: The controller supports advanced features such as online capacity expansion, online RAID level migration, and advanced data protection, which improves the overall performance and scalability of the system.
- Compatibility: The controller is compatible with Lenovo ThinkSystem servers and supports the use of Lenovo ThinkSystem storage enclosures, which allows for easy integration and scalability with existing systems.
In terms of performance, the controller can handle up to 3.2 million IOPS, which is a very high number for any data storage controller. This will ensure that the system will be able to handle high-performance workloads and can be used for a variety of applications.
General Information 7Y37A01084 Lenovo
MPN : 7Y37A01084
SKU : 7Y37A01084
Technical Information 7Y37A01084
Device Type: Storage Controller (Raid) - Plug-In Card - Low Profile
Interface: SATA/SAS 12GB/S
Data Transfer Rate: 1.2 GBPS
Supported Devices: Hard Drive, Disk Array (Raid), Solid State Drive
Channel Qty: 8
Max Storage Devices Qty: 8
Raid Level: Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 5, Raid 6, Raid 10, Raid 50, Jbod, Raid 6
Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 For X86/Amd64/Intel Em64t, Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 6 X64 Edition, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 With Xen For Amd64/Em64t, Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12, Vmware Vsphere 6.0 (Esxi), Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12 With Xen, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Vmware Vsphere 6.5 (Esxi)
Designed For Thinksystem Sr530, Sr550, Sr570, Sr590, Sr630, Sr650, Sr850, Sr860, Sr950, St550
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 7Y37A01084 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.