Remote Network Management
The 840138-001 HPE Ethernet 10GB 2Port 562FLR T Network Adapter is designed to support remote network management, which allows network administrators to monitor and manage the adapter from a central location, even if the server is located in a different physical location.
The adapter supports the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which is a standard protocol used for network management and monitoring. SNMP allows network administrators to remotely monitor the status and performance of the adapter, as well as configure and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
In addition, the adapter also supports the HPE OneView management platform, which provides a unified view of the entire data center infrastructure, including servers, storage, and networking components. This allows administrators to manage and monitor all aspects of the network from a single console.
The remote network management features of the 840138-001 HPE Ethernet 10GB 2Port 562FLR T Network Adapter provide a number of benefits for enterprise networks, including improved efficiency and reduced downtime. By allowing administrators to remotely manage and monitor the adapter, issues can be quickly identified and resolved, and network performance can be optimized. This can help to minimize downtime and improve overall network reliability and performance.
Multiple Protocol Support
The 840138-001 HPE Ethernet 10GB 2Port 562FLR T Network Adapter supports multiple protocols, which allows it to be used in a wide range of network environments.
The adapter supports the Ethernet protocol, which is the most widely used protocol for local area networks (LANs). Ethernet is a standard protocol that allows devices to communicate with each other over a network, and is used in a wide range of applications, from home networks to large enterprise data centers.
In addition to Ethernet, the adapter also supports other network protocols, including Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI (Internet Small Computer System Interface). FCoE allows Fibre Channel storage traffic to be carried over Ethernet networks, while iSCSI allows block-level storage to be accessed over an IP network.
By supporting multiple protocols, the 840138-001 HPE Ethernet 10GB 2Port 562FLR T Network Adapter provides increased flexibility and interoperability, and can be used in a variety of network environments. This allows organizations to leverage existing network infrastructure, while also providing the ability to scale and adapt as needed to meet changing business requirements.
Low Latency and High Bandwidth
The 840138-001 HPE Ethernet 10GB 2Port 562FLR T Network Adapter is designed to provide low latency and high bandwidth connectivity for high-performance computing and data center environments.
Low latency refers to the amount of time it takes for data to travel from one point to another in a network. In high-performance computing environments, low latency is critical for applications that require fast and accurate data processing, such as financial trading, scientific simulations, and gaming.
The adapter is designed to minimize latency by supporting advanced features such as Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) and Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI-X). RDMA allows data to be transferred directly between the memory of two network endpoints, bypassing the CPU and operating system, which reduces latency and CPU overhead. MSI-X is a feature that allows network adapters to efficiently manage interrupts, which can help reduce latency and improve network performance.
In addition to low latency, the 840138-001 HPE Ethernet 10GB 2Port 562FLR T Network Adapter also provides high bandwidth connectivity. The adapter supports data transfer rates of up to 10 gigabits per second (Gbps), which allows for the rapid transfer of large amounts of data. This is especially important in data center environments where large amounts of data need to be transferred quickly between servers and storage devices.
The combination of low latency and high bandwidth provided by the 840138-001 HPE Ethernet 10GB 2Port 562FLR T Network Adapter makes it an ideal solution for high-performance computing and data center applications that require fast and reliable network connectivity.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# 840138-001
- Option Part Number: 817745-B21
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Network Adapter 2 Ports
- Form Factor: FlexibleLOM
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCI Ecpress 3.0 x4
- Network Processor: Intel X550-AT2
- Data Rate: Two ports - each at 20 GBPS bi-directional; 40 GBPS bi-directional theoretical bandwidth
- IEEE Compliance: 802.3ad, 802.3X, 802.1q, 802.1Qau, 802.1Qaz, 802.1Qbb, 802.1Qbg, IEEE1588, 802.1AS
- Connector: RJ-45 (two)
- Ports: 10GB Ethernet x 2
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: 10 GIGE
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 GBPS
- Firewall protection, wake on LAN (WOL), IPv6 support, Jumbo Frames support, IPv4 support, PXE support, Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV), TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO), secure boot, Network Partitioning (NPAR), HPE Sea of Sensors 3D, IPv6 acceleration, firmware root of trust, audit logs, tunnel offload, generic segmentation offload (GSO)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots: 1 x FlexibleLOM
- Interfaces: 2 x 10GB Ethernet - RJ-45
Processor / Memory
- Processor: 1 x X550-AT2 - Intel
- Power Consumption Operational (Typical): 10.50 Watt
- Power Consumption Operational (Maximum): 14.50 Watt
- Included Accessories: Low-Profile Bracket
- Compliant Standards: WEEE, RoHS, CE, Microsoft WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs)
- RoHS Compliance: 6 of 6
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 2.25 inch
- Height: 7.50 inch
- Depth: 9.50 inch
- Weight: 1.00 lbs
- Temperature (Operating): 5° to 60° C / 41° to 140° F
- Temperature (Non-Operating): -40°C to 70°C / -40°F to 158°F
- System Relative Humidity (Operating): Minimum to be the higher (more moisture) of -12°C(10.4°F) dew point or 8% relative humidity. Maximum to be the lower (less moisture) of 24°C (75.2°F) dew point or 90% relative humidity. (Non-condensing)
- Humidity (Non-operating): 5 to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 Gen10, DL160 Gen10, DL180 Gen10, DL360 Gen10, DL380 Gen10, DL385 Gen10, DL560 Gen10, DL580 Gen10 Servers
- HPE Apollo 2000 Series: 2000 XL170r Gen10 and 2000 XL190r Gen10 Servers
- HPE Apollo 4500 XL450 Gen10 Server
A network adapter also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with an RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 840138-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Network Adapter
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.