Troubleshooting and Maintenance for Services Router
The ASR1001-2.5G-VPNK9 Cisco ASR1001 VPN Bundle 5 Slot Router is a complex device that requires proper maintenance and troubleshooting in order to ensure optimal performance.
In terms of troubleshooting, there are a number of tools and techniques that can be used to diagnose and resolve issues with the router. These include:
- The Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) which can be used to access the router's configuration and status information, as well as to make changes to the router's settings.
- The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Embedded Event Manager (EEM) which can be used to create and run scripts that can automatically respond to certain events or conditions on the router.
- The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Troubleshoot Command Reference which provides detailed information on the various troubleshooting commands that are available for the router.
In terms of maintenance, the router should be regularly checked for software updates and security vulnerabilities. Additionally, the router should be backed up on regular basis to ensure that configuration changes can be easily restored in the event of a failure.
It's also important to keep an eye on the resources usage of the router, such as CPU and memory, to make sure the router is not overloaded.
It's recommended to have a regular maintenance schedule and to follow the best practices provided by Cisco.
Managing Network Traffic with Quality of Service (QoS)
The ASR1001-2.5G-VPNK9 Cisco ASR1001 VPN Bundle 5 Slot Router supports Quality of Service (QoS) features that can be used to manage network traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and performance.
QoS allows you to prioritize traffic based on certain characteristics, such as IP address, protocol, or port number. This can be used to ensure that critical applications, such as voice and video, receive the necessary bandwidth and performance, while less critical traffic, such as bulk data transfers, can be given lower priority.
The router supports a number of QoS features such as:
- Class-based weighted fair queuing (CBWFQ) which allows you to allocate bandwidth to different traffic classes based on weight.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) which allows you to give priority to a specific traffic class, such as voice traffic, to minimize delay.
- Traffic shaping which allows you to control the rate at which traffic is sent, to prevent oversubscription of a link.
- Policy-based routing which allows you to route traffic based on specific policies, such as QoS policies.
- Differentiated services code point (DSCP) and IP precedence markings which allows you to mark traffic with a specific code point or precedence value, which can be used to identify the traffic class and apply appropriate QoS policies.
Managing network traffic with QoS can help to improve the performance and reliability of your network, by ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and minimizing delay.
Network Address Translation (NAT)
The ASR1001-2.5G-VPNK9 Cisco ASR1001 VPN Bundle 5 Slot Router supports Network Address Translation (NAT) which allows you to map a private IP address range to a public IP address range. This can be used to enable communication between a private network and the Internet, or between different private networks.
NAT can be configured in different ways depending on the specific requirements of your network:
- Static NAT: This is used to map a single private IP address to a single public IP address. This is typically used for servers or other devices that need to be accessible from the Internet.
- Dynamic NAT: This is used to map a range of private IP addresses to a range of public IP addresses. This is typically used for a group of devices that need to access the Internet.
- Port Address Translation (PAT): This is used to map multiple private IP addresses to a single public IP address by using different source port numbers. This is typically used when a single public IP address is shared by multiple devices.
NAT can be configured using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) and can be used to provide security and simplify network design by hiding internal IP addresses from external networks.
NAT can be used in conjunction with other security features such as access control lists (ACLs) to further secure the network and control access to specific resources.
It's recommended to follow the best practices provided by Cisco and consult the documentation for the specific version of IOS running on your ASR1001 router for detailed instructions on configuring NAT.
General Information about this ASR1001-2.5G-VPNK9
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number ASR1001-2.5G-VPNK9
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Series 1000
- Product Model 1001
- Product Name 1001 Aggregation Services Router
- Product Type Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 5
- Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Expansion Slot Type Shared Port Adapter
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- VoIP Supported No
- Package Contents
- 1001 Aggregation Services Router
- Embedded Service Processor 2.5Gbps
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASR1001-2.5G-VPNK9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.