Management and Monitoring
Management and monitoring of the SAS9305-16I Broadcom LSI 12GBPS 16-ports internal PCI-E 3.0 SAS non-RAID controller can be done using the following tools and methods:
- MegaRAID Storage Manager (MSM) - This is a software tool that provides a graphical user interface for managing and monitoring the controller, including RAID arrays, virtual drives, and physical drives.
- SAS2flash - This is a command-line tool that can be used to update the firmware of the controller and view the current firmware version.
- SAS3flash - This is a command-line tool that can be used to update the firmware of the controller and view the current firmware version.
- SAS2IRCU - This is a command-line tool that can be used to configure and manage the controller, including RAID arrays, virtual drives, and physical drives.
- SAS3IRCU - This is a command-line tool that can be used to configure and manage the controller, including RAID arrays, virtual drives, and physical drives.
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) - This protocol can be used to monitor the controller and its associated drives remotely, using a network management system.
- SES (SCSI Enclosure Services) - This is a protocol that can be used to monitor the status of the enclosures connected to the controller, including temperature, fan speed, and power supply status.
It is important to note that the specific tools and methods available will depend on the firmware version and operating system of the controller. Always consult the documentation provided by the manufacturer for the most up-to-date information.
RAID Support and Data Protection
The SAS9305-16I Broadcom Lsi 12GBPS 16-ports internal PCI-E 3.0 SAS non-raid controller does not support RAID functionality. This means that data protection features such as RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 6 are not available. However, the controller does support data protection through the use of backup software and other data protection methods. It is recommended to use hardware-based backup solutions such as tape drives or external hard drives to ensure data protection and disaster recovery. Additionally, it is important to have a comprehensive data backup and recovery plan in place to ensure the safety and availability of critical data.
Troubleshooting and Support
- Check the system's BIOS settings to ensure that the SAS controller is enabled and properly configured.
- Check the SAS controller's firmware version and ensure that it is up to date.
- Check the cables and connections between the SAS controller and the connected storage devices. Make sure that they are securely connected and that the cables are not damaged.
- Check the storage devices connected to the SAS controller to ensure that they are properly configured and functioning.
- If the SAS controller is not being recognized by the system, check the system's PCI-E slot to ensure that it is functioning properly and that the SAS controller is properly seated.
- If the SAS controller is not being recognized by the system, check the system's drivers and software to ensure that they are up to date and compatible with the SAS controller.
- If the system is experiencing performance issues, check the SAS controller's settings and configurations to ensure that they are optimized for the connected storage devices.
- If the system is experiencing a high number of errors or other issues, check the SAS controller's logs and event logs to identify the problem and troubleshoot accordingly.
- If the issue persists, contact the manufacturer for further assistance or consult the SAS controller's manual for additional troubleshooting steps.
Product Information about this Broadcom SAS9305-16I
- Manufacturer: Broadcom
- Part Number or SKU# SAS9305-16I
- Type: SAS-SATA Controller
Technical Information of SAS Controller Card
- Product Type: Host Bus Adapter
- Physical Dimensions: 2.7 X 6.6
- Devices Supported: 1024 Non-raid SAS Devices Per Controller
- Internal Connectors: 4 Mini-SAS Hd Sff8643
- Host Bus Type: X8 Lane Pci Express 3.0
- Internal Ports: 16
- Operating Temperature: 0°c To 55°c
- Operating Voltage: +12v +/-8%, 3.3v +/-9%
- Os Support: Microsoft Windows, Linux (oracle, Suse, Red Hat), Solaris, Vmware, Freebsd, Centos, Canonical
- Cable Support: Passive Copper, Active Optical
- I/o Controller: Sas3224.
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
SAS controllers facilitate the use of SATA drives to increase the storage capacity with extreme ease. You can get the best SAS SATA controllers here on allhdd.com. Our SAS SATA controllers are some of the best you can find around at the best prices.
SATA is the acronym for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment while the SCSI, nicknamed Scuzzy, is short for Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface.
SATA and SAS connectors help link up your computer components, including media and hard drives to the system's motherboard. SATA drives are more affordable and used for personal computing while fast and reliable SAS drives are the best fit for servers.
On the other hand, SAS controllers work flawlessly on SATA hard drives because both share identical infrastructure and possess related characteristics.
If you'd prefer speed over space, then a SAS-based hard drive is your best bet. However, SATA drives on the other hand, while lagging in terms of speed have a much larger storage capacity.
Data Transfer Speed
Throughput is the volume of data that a drive can move, process, or read and write in a specific amount of time. The drive's throughput is usually tested to measure its speed.
The Input/output operations per second (IOPS) may also be measured. However, the IOPS and throughput outcomes usually imply the same things about the drive.
While the SAS drives boast higher throughput than SATA drives; there are fewer general delays. But there is some overlap between the more high-speed SATA drives and slower SAS drives. On allhdd.com, you can shop some of the best SAS SATA controllers from well-known brands across the world.
While a handful of factors affect the drive's performance, the major factor affecting throughput is the revolution per minute (rpm). Consequently, the higher the rpm, the higher the drive's throughput.
The speed variation is most notable when dealing with large files. A SAS drive boasting 15000 rpm will most likely read and write a 1TB file faster than a SATA drive with 7200 rpm.
Most SATA-based drives' usual speed ranges from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm, and most SAS-based drives run between 7200 rpm and 15000 rpm.
SAS-SATA Controllers on Allhdd.com
While you can count on both quality and affordability, we also bring you a wide range of SAS SATA controllers to cater to your storage needs. SAS and SATA's notable difference is that SAS is developed to endure 24/7 performance in firms, including data centers. Choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers including 24 Port, PERC H830, Expander Card, PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC 5, Host Bus Adapter, Equallogic, PERC H710, 4 Port, 1-Port, 8 Port, PERC H700, PERC H800, Smart Array, Serveraid, PERC H740, Raid Controller, PCI-E, 12 Port, Controller Card, and16 Port.
You can use a SATA drive for servers just as you would use a SAS drive. However, the SATA drive would deliver a slower performance and a higher probability of failing or hinting at a failure. This laxity could prove expensive to firms that depend on such drives.
A SAS drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) that ranges from (1.2-1.6 million) hours of use at 113°F (45°C), while that of a SATA drive is about (700,000-1.2 million) hours of use at 77°F (25°C).
SATA disk drives offer many benefits, including the fact that they boast an unbeatable combination of low cost, high capacity, and performance. Taking advantage of this with SAS SATA controllers could bring a significant return on investment. You can count on a 24/7 customer care center for all issues regarding sales and delivery. Allhdd.com delivers all items free of charge within the 48 U. S. states. Please choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers today for optimum performance.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.