Introduction to the Expansion Module
The C9200-NM-4X is an expansion module for the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches. This module provides additional network connectivity options for the switches, allowing them to support more devices and expand their capabilities.
The module features four 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports, each with an SFP+ interface. These ports can be used for a variety of connectivity options, such as connecting to servers, storage devices, and other network switches.
The C9200-NM-4X module is designed to be hot-swappable, which means it can be added or removed from the switch without disrupting network operations. This feature makes it easy to add or upgrade network connectivity as needed.
The module also supports a range of features that are designed to enhance network performance and security, such as quality of service (QoS) and access control lists (ACLs).
Network Security Features
The Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Expansion Module (C9200-NM-4X) is a network module that provides additional connectivity options for the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches. Some of the key network security features of the C9200-NM-4X module are:
- Secure Boot: The module supports secure boot, which ensures that the switch boots using only a trusted software image, preventing any unauthorized or malicious software from being loaded during boot up.
- MACsec Encryption: The C9200-NM-4X module supports MACsec (Media Access Control Security) encryption, which provides secure communication over Ethernet links by encrypting all traffic between two devices.
- Port Security: The module provides support for port security, which allows network administrators to limit access to a switch port based on the MAC address of the device connected to it. This helps prevent unauthorized access to the network.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The module supports the use of Access Control Lists (ACLs), which can be used to filter network traffic based on various criteria such as source and destination IP addresses, port numbers, protocols, etc. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to the network and protect against various types of attacks.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Snooping: The module supports DHCP snooping, which can prevent rogue DHCP servers from being deployed on the network by monitoring and filtering DHCP messages.
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Inspection: The module supports ARP inspection, which can prevent ARP spoofing attacks by verifying that the MAC address of a host matches the IP address it is claiming to have.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Root Guard: The module supports STP Root Guard, which can prevent rogue switches from becoming the root of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and disrupting network connectivity.
Advanced Network Management
The C9200-NM-4X expansion module for the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches can be managed using a range of advanced network management tools, allowing for greater control and visibility into network operations. Here are some examples of how the module can be managed:
- Cisco DNA Center: Cisco DNA Center is a network management platform that provides a centralized view of network operations, making it easy to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot network devices. With Cisco DNA Center, the C9200-NM-4X module can be configured and monitored, and network policies can be created to enforce security and QoS settings.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Cisco Prime Infrastructure is another network management tool that can be used to manage the C9200-NM-4X module. This tool provides network administrators with visibility into network performance and allows for quick identification and resolution of network issues.
- Command-line interface (CLI): The C9200-NM-4X module can also be managed using the CLI, which provides a more granular level of control over network operations. Network administrators can use the CLI to configure settings for the module, monitor network traffic, and troubleshoot network issues.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): SNMP is a protocol that can be used to monitor network devices and receive alerts when network issues arise. The C9200-NM-4X module supports SNMP, which means that network administrators can use SNMP-based tools to monitor the module and receive alerts when issues arise.
General Information about this Cisco C9200-NM-4X
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# C9200-NM-4X
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Type Expansion Module
Technical Information of 4 Ports Module
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Number of Total Expansion Slots/Ports 4
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Transfer Rate 10 GBPS
Performance for Catalyst 9200 Serie Module
- Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10GBase-X
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Plug-in module
- Height: 4.45 Inch
- Width: 6.97 Inch
- Weight: 1.17 LBS
The Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches are designed to be compatible with a wide range of network devices and technologies, including:
- Network protocols: The switches support a range of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and more.
- Network topologies: The switches support a variety of network topologies, including star, mesh, and ring.
- Network devices: The switches are designed to work with a range of network devices, such as routers, switches, servers, and end-user devices.
- Network technologies: The switches are compatible with a range of network technologies, such as VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), and more.
- Network management: The switches can be managed using a range of network management tools, such as Cisco DNA Center, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and more.
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure and meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in them. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure them to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fibre technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helps to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalogue, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C9200-NM-4X at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.