Configuration and Management of 48 Ports Modular Switch
The C9300-48S-E Cisco 9300 48 Ports Modular Managed Switch can be configured and managed through a variety of methods. Some of these include:
- Command-Line Interface (CLI): The switch can be configured and managed using the Cisco IOS command-line interface. This allows for the input of specific commands to configure the switch and view status information.
- Web Interface: The switch can be accessed through a web interface using a web browser. This allows for the configuration of basic settings and the viewing of status information.
- Cisco DNA Center: The switch can be integrated with Cisco DNA Center, which provides a centralized platform for managing and automating network operations. This allows for the management of multiple switches from a single location and the automation of network tasks.
- SNMP: The switch supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows for the monitoring and management of the switch using SNMP-enabled network management systems.
- Telnet: The switch can be accessed through Telnet, which allows for the input of commands remotely.
- SSH: The switch can be accessed through Secure Shell (SSH), which allows for secure remote access to the switch.
- Remote Management: The switch can be configured and managed remotely through the use of a management interface, such as a serial port, USB port, or Ethernet port.
In order to configure and manage the switch, an administrator must have a thorough understanding of the switch's capabilities and be familiar with Cisco IOS commands and web interface navigation. They should also have knowledge about the network topology and the devices that it will be connected to.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Managed Switch
To troubleshoot a Cisco 9300 48 Ports Modular Managed Switch (C9300-48S-E), you can use the following methods:
- Check the status of the switch using the show commands in the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI). For example, use the "show interfaces" command to check the status of the interfaces, or the "show system" command to check the status of the switch itself.
- Check the event logs on the switch for any error messages or alerts. You can use the "show logging" command to view the event logs.
- Check the cable connections and verify that they are securely connected and not damaged.
- Check the power supply and make sure that it is connected and providing power to the switch.
- If the issue persists, you may need to reboot the switch or upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
For maintenance of C9300-48S-E Cisco 9300 48 Ports Modular Managed Switch, some of the best practices are:
- Keep the firmware updated to the latest version to ensure that the switch is running optimally and that security vulnerabilities are patched.
- Schedule regular backups of the switch configuration to ensure that you can quickly restore the switch to a known good state in case of a failure.
- Monitor the switch's performance and resource usage, and take proactive measures to prevent overloading and potential failure.
- Check the status of the switch interfaces, cables and power supply regularly to ensure that they are working properly.
- Have a plan for disaster recovery in case of a switch failure.
Advanced Features of Rack-mountable Switch
- StackWise-480 Technology: The C9300-48S-E supports StackWise-480 technology, which allows for up to nine switches to be stacked together for a total of 432 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports and 48 1/10 Gbps SFP/SFP+ ports. This allows for a highly scalable and resilient network infrastructure.
- Cisco DNA Software: The C9300-48S-E is compatible with Cisco DNA Software, which provides advanced network automation, security, and analytics capabilities. This includes features such as Software-Defined Access, Identity Services Engine, and Network Assurance Engine.
- Multigigabit Ethernet: The C9300-48S-E supports multigigabit Ethernet, which allows for speeds of up to 10 Gbps on ports that are designed for 2.5 Gbps and 5 Gbps. This enables higher bandwidth and more efficient use of network resources.
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+): The C9300-48S-E supports PoE+ on all 48 ports, providing up to 30 watts of power per port. This allows for powering of devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and cameras without the need for additional power sources.
- Network Virtualization: The C9300-48S-E supports network virtualization using Cisco's Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) technologies. This allows for the creation of multiple virtual networks on a single physical infrastructure, providing flexibility and security for different applications and tenants.
- Advanced Security: The C9300-48S-E includes advanced security features such as Cisco TrustSec, which provides identity-based security, and Cisco Identity Services Engine, which provides network access control. Additionally, the switch supports Cisco's Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks, which provides real-time threat protection against malware.
- High Availability: The C9300-48S-E supports high availability features such as Non-Stop Forwarding (NSF) and Stateful Switchover (SSO), which ensure that the switch continues to forward traffic even in the event of a failure. This helps to maintain network uptime and ensure business continuity.
Key Information about C9300-48S-E
- Cisco Catalyst 9300 48-Ports Ge SFP Ports Modular Uplink Switch
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# C9300-48S-E
- Device Type : Switch - 48 Ports - L3 - Managed - Stackable
- Enclosure Type : Rack-mountable 1u
- Subtype : 1gigabit Ethernet
- Ports : 48 X 10/100/1000
Performance of 48Ports
- Switching Capacity: 128 Gbps ¦ Stacking Bandwidth: 480 Gbps Forwarding Rate: 190.48 Mpps
- Routing Protocol : Ospf, Is-is, Rip-1, Rip-2, Bgp, Eigrp, Hsrp, Igmp, Vrrp, Pim-sm, Ospfv3, Pim-ssm, Msdp, Policy-based Routing (pbr), Ripng
Expansion and Connectivity for Uplink Switch
- 48 X Gigabit Lan Sfp Uplink
- 1 X Usb 2.0
- Expansion Slots : 1 (total) / 1 (free) X Expansion Slot
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C9300-48S-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.