Easy Management and Scalability
Easy Management: The Cisco Nexus 3172TQ switch is designed for easy management through its integrated Cisco NX-OS software. This software provides a wide range of management and monitoring capabilities, including a command-line interface (CLI) and a web-based graphical user interface (GUI). The switch also supports SNMP, Syslog, and NetFlow for monitoring and management. The switch also supports Cisco Intersight which is a cloud-based management platform that simplifies the management of Cisco infrastructure.
Scalability: The Cisco Nexus 3172TQ is designed for high scalability, allowing for easy expansion as network requirements grow. The switch supports a variety of uplink options, including 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 40 Gigabit Ethernet, allowing for high-speed connections to other network devices. The switch also supports Virtual Device Contexts (VDC), which allows you to partition the switch into multiple virtual devices, each with its own resources, configurations, and administrators. This allows for more efficient use of resources and greater flexibility in managing the network. Additionally, it supports Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) technology that can help in extending the network with minimal configuration.
Maximizing Efficiency and Flexibility
The Cisco Nexus 3172TQ is a highly efficient and flexible switch that can help maximize your network's performance. Some ways to maximize the efficiency and flexibility of this switch include:
- Utilizing Quality of Service (QoS) features: The switch supports a variety of QoS features, such as traffic shaping and prioritization, that can help ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs): VDCs allow you to partition the switch into multiple virtual devices, each with its own resources, configurations, and administrators. This allows for more efficient use of resources and greater flexibility in managing the network.
- Leveraging the Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) technology: FEX technology allows you to connect multiple servers to the switch with minimal configuration. This can help simplify network management and improve server connectivity.
- Utilizing Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches: The Nexus 1000V Series is a virtual switch that is designed to run within a VMware vSphere environment. It allows you to extend the network with minimal configuration.
- Utilizing the switch's built-in security features: The switch supports a variety of security features, such as access control lists (ACLs) and secure shell (SSH) to help protect your network from unauthorized access.
- Utilizing the switch's Network Management: The switch also supports Cisco Intersight which is a cloud-based management platform that simplifies the management of Cisco infrastructure and can help monitor, troubleshoot and configure the switch.
By utilizing these features, you can improve the performance and flexibility of your network while minimizing the complexity of managing it.
Power Options and Redundancy
The Cisco Nexus 3172TQ switch supports several power options and redundancy features to ensure that it remains operational even in the event of a power failure.
- Power options: The switch can be powered using either AC or DC power. It also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) and PoE+, which allows you to power devices such as IP phones and wireless access points over the network.
- The switch supports dual power supplies, which provides redundancy in case one power supply fails.
- The switch also supports redundant fans, which ensures that the switch remains cool even if one fan fails.
- The switch also supports Virtual Port Channel (vPC) which allows you to create a logical port-channel across multiple switches, providing redundancy and increased bandwidth.
- High Availability: The switch supports several high-availability features, such as Nonstop Forwarding (NSF) and Stateful Switchover (SSO) which helps in maintaining network availability even if there is a failure.
- Power Management: The switch also supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), which reduces power consumption during periods of low network activity.
- Monitoring and Alerting: The switch supports SNMP, Syslog, and NetFlow for monitoring and management. With this, you can be alerted in case of any power supply failure, fan failure, and other critical issues.
By using these power options and redundancy features, the Cisco Nexus 3172TQ switch can help ensure that your network remains operational even in the event of a power failure.
Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number C1-N3K-C3172TQ
Brand Name Cisco
Product Line Nexus
Product Series 3000
Product Model 3172TQ
Product Name Nexus 3172TQ Layer 3 Switch
Product Type Layer 3 Switch
Total Number of Network Ports 48
Uplink Port No
Stack Port No
Port/Expansion Slot Details 6 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network
Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
Ethernet Technology 40 Gigabit Ethernet
Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 40GBase-X
Network Technology 10GBase-T
Number of Total Expansion Slots 6
Expansion Slot Type QSFP+
Network & Communication:
Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
Power Source Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
Environmentally Friendly Yes
Environmental Certification RoHS-5
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C1-N3K-C3172TQ at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.