Introduction to the L3 Switch
The C9500-24Y4C-E Cisco Catalyst 9500 24-Port Manageable Layer 3 SFP+ Switch is a high-performance, dense and feature-rich switch designed for enterprise and service provider networks. It offers 24 SFP+ ports for 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and 4 40 Gigabit QSFP+ uplinks. The switch runs on Cisco IOS XE software, providing advanced security, network automation, and programmability features. Additionally, it offers High-Availability with Flexible NetFlow and StackWise-480 technology, making it ideal for data center, enterprise campus and service provider environments. This switch also supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) to reduce power consumption during periods of low network utilization and advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features such as Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ) and Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) to ensure that critical network traffic is prioritized and delivered with minimal delay.
The C9500-24Y4C-E Cisco Catalyst 9500 24-Port Manageable Layer 3 SFP+ Switch offers a number of advanced features to support enterprise and service provider networks:
- Advanced Security: The switch supports advanced security features such as Cisco TrustSec for identity-based access control and Cisco Stealthwatch for network behavioral analysis.
- Network Automation: The switch supports network automation features such as Cisco DNA Center for network management and automation and Cisco SD-Access for software-defined access.
- Programmability: The switch supports programmability features such as Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) for software-defined networking and Cisco Open NX-OS for Linux container support.
- High-Availability: The switch supports High-Availability with Flexible NetFlow and StackWise-480 technology.
- Performance: The switch offers high performance with 24 SFP+ ports for 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and 4 40 Gigabit QSFP+ uplinks.
- Scalability: The switch is designed for scalability with support for up to 480 Gbps of stack bandwidth and up to 9.6 Tbps of system bandwidth.
- Energy Efficiency: The switch supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) to reduce power consumption during periods of low network utilization.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features such as Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ) and Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) to ensure that critical network traffic is prioritized and delivered with minimal delay.
Security and management
The C9500-24Y4C-E Cisco Catalyst 9500 24-Port Manageable Layer 3 SFP+ Switch offers advanced security and management features to secure and manage your network.
- Cisco TrustSec: Provides identity-based access control to secure the network and prevent unauthorized access.
- Cisco Stealthwatch: Offers network behavioral analysis to detect and respond to security threats in real time.
- Advanced Security Features: The switch supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Admission Control (NAC) to secure the network.
- Firewall: The switch supports firewall features to protect the network from external threats.
- Cisco DNA Center: Provides centralized management and automation for the switch and the entire network.
- Cisco SD-Access: Offers software-defined access for simplified network management and automation.
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI): Enables software-defined networking for greater network agility and flexibility.
- Cisco Open NX-OS: Provides Linux container support for network programmability.
- Flexible NetFlow: Provides high-availability by forwarding the traffic to a standby switch in case of failure.
- StackWise-480 technology: allows the switch to work in a stack of up to 9 switches and provide up to 480 Gbps of stack bandwidth.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Provides a comprehensive management platform for Cisco network devices, including the C9500-24Y4C-E switch.
- Remote Management: The switch can be remotely managed using SNMP, Telnet, and SSH, allowing you to monitor and configure the switch from a remote location.
General InformationManufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
MPN: C9500-24Y4C-EProduct Line Catalyst
Product Series 9500
Product Model C9500-24Y4C
Product Name Catalyst C9500-24Y4C Layer 3 Switch
Product Type Layer 3 Switch
Interfaces/PortsUplink Port Yes
Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x 100 Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Port/Expansion Slot Details 24 x 25 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
PerformanceMedia Type Supported Optical Fiber
Ethernet Technology 100 Gigabit Ethernet
Ethernet Technology 25 Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 100GBase-X
Network Technology 25GBase-X
Number of Total Expansion Slots 28
Expansion Slot Type SFP28
Network & Communication
Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
Power Description:Power Source Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
Dimensions & WeightCompatible Rack Unit 1U
Form Factor Rack-mountable
Height 1.7 Inch
Width 17.5 Inch
Depth 18 Inch
Weight (Approximate) 21.96 Lb
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C9500-24Y4C-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.