Implementing Quality of Service (QoS) on the A901-12C-FT-D Router
Implementing Quality of Service (QoS) on a Cisco ASR 901 Ethernet 4 Ports Router (model A901-12C-FT-D) involves configuring various QoS features on the router to manage and prioritize different types of network traffic. The following are some steps you can take to implement QoS on the Cisco ASR 901 router:
- Classify traffic: The first step in implementing QoS is to classify the different types of traffic on your network. This can be done using various methods such as access control lists (ACLs), marking, and policing.
- Create queues: Once the traffic has been classified, the next step is to create queues for different types of traffic. The Cisco ASR 901 supports several queuing mechanisms, including priority queuing, custom queuing, and weighted fair queuing.
- Configure schedulers: After creating queues, you will need to configure schedulers to determine how the router will handle the different types of traffic in the queues. The Cisco ASR 901 supports several scheduler options, including priority schedulers, custom schedulers, and weighted fair schedulers.
- Apply queueing and scheduling: Once you have created queues and configured schedulers, you can apply the queuing and scheduling to the different types of traffic on the router. This can be done using the interface configuration mode.
- Monitor and adjust: Finally, you should monitor your QoS implementation to ensure that it is working as expected. You can use various tools such as SNMP, NetFlow, and Cisco IOS commands to monitor your QoS and make any necessary adjustments.
It's important to note that these steps are general and the specific configuration will depend on the requirement of the network. Also, it is recommended to test and verify the configuration before applying it to production network and always to have a backup of the configuration.
Securing the A901-12C-FT-D Router with Firewall and VPN Features
Securing the A901-12C-FT-D Cisco ASR 901 Ethernet 4 Ports Router involves implementing various security features, such as firewalls and VPNs. Here are a few steps you can take to secure the router:
- You can configure the router's built-in firewall to block unwanted incoming traffic and control access to internal networks.
- You can use access control lists (ACLs) to specify which traffic is allowed and which is denied.
- You can also configure stateful packet inspection (SPI) to monitor and block suspicious traffic based on its state.
- You can configure the router to support VPN connections, such as site-to-site and remote-access VPNs.
- You can use protocols such as IPsec, GRE and L2TP/IPsec to establish secure VPN connections.
- You can also use certificate-based authentication to secure VPN connections.
- You can configure the router to allow management access only from specific IP addresses or networks.
- You can also use secure management protocols such as SSH and HTTPS to encrypt management traffic.
- You can use two-factor authentication for management access to the router.
Limit the Router Access:
- You can limit access to the router's CLI to specific users or groups.
- You can also configure the router to log all CLI commands, which can be useful for auditing and troubleshooting.
It's important to note that these steps are not exhaustive and other security measures may be needed depending on your specific requirements. It's also important to regularly update the router's firmware to ensure that it is protected against known vulnerabilities.
Utilizing the Router's Advanced Routing Features
The Cisco ASR 901 router has a variety of advanced routing features that can be utilized to improve network performance and manage traffic. Some of these features include:
- OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) - this is a routing protocol that can be used to dynamically discover and distribute routing information throughout a network. OSPF can be used to improve network convergence times and reduce the impact of link failures.
- BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) - this is a routing protocol that is commonly used in large enterprise and service provider networks. BGP can be used to distribute routing information between different autonomous systems (AS) and provide redundancy and fault tolerance.
- MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) - this is a technology that can be used to improve network performance and provide quality of service (QoS) for different types of traffic. MPLS can be used to create virtual private networks (VPNs) and manage traffic through the use of label switching.
- VRF (Virtual Routing and Forwarding) - this is a feature that can be used to create multiple routing instances on a single router. VRF allows for the creation of separate virtual networks on a single device, providing isolation and security.
- Quality of Service (QoS) - this is a set of features that can be used to manage and prioritize traffic on a network. QoS can be used to ensure that critical applications and services receive the necessary bandwidth and low latency.
It's important to note that in order to utilize these advanced routing features, you will need to have a good understanding of routing protocols and network design, as well as the appropriate access and permissions to configure the router. Additionally, it's always recommended to test the configurations in a lab environment before implementing them in a production network.
Key Feature about this Cisco A901-12C-FT-D
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# A901-12C-FT-D
- Product Series ASR 901
- Product Model A901-12C-FT-D
- Product Name A901-12C-FT-D Router Appliance
- Product Type Router
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco ASR 901 Series Router
- Total Number of Ports 4
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 4
I/O Expansions of Cisco 4 Ports Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 8
- Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
Network & Communication of Cisco Router
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology -
- VoIP Supported No
- Standard Memory 1 GB
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
Dimension and Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 10 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 7.17 lbs
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product A901-12C-FT-D at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.