The Cisco AIR-ANT2566D4M-R Aironet 2.4 GHz/5 GHz Dual Band Directional Array Antenna is a high-performance antenna designed for use with Cisco Aironet access points. Here are some key features and specifications of the antenna:
- Frequency range: 2.4 GHz to 2.5 GHz and 5.15 GHz to 5.85 GHz
- Gain: 6 dBi at 2.4 GHz and 6 dBi at 5 GHz
- Polarization: Linear, vertical and horizontal
- Beamwidth: 70 degrees horizontal and 60 degrees vertical at 2.4 GHz, and 70 degrees horizontal and 40 degrees vertical at 5 GHz
- Connector type: RP-TNC
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 10.8 x 2.2 inches
The antenna's directional array design helps to focus the wireless signal in a specific direction, providing increased signal strength and range. The dual-band capability of the antenna means that it can be used with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks, which allows for greater flexibility in network design and deployment.
The gain of 6 dBi at both frequency ranges means that the antenna provides a significant increase in signal strength compared to the standard dipole antenna that comes with many wireless access points. The linear polarization with both vertical and horizontal options further helps to ensure that the antenna is able to pick up the wireless signal in the desired direction.
The beamwidth specifications indicate that the antenna provides relatively wide coverage in the horizontal direction, which makes it well-suited for use in large open spaces. The narrower vertical beamwidth at 5 GHz means that the antenna provides a more focused signal in the vertical direction, which can be useful for providing coverage to specific floors in a multi-story building.
Installation and Mounting Considerations
The Cisco AIR-ANT2566D4M-R Aironet Dual Band Directional Array Antenna is designed to enhance the signal strength and coverage area of Cisco Aironet access points. Before installing and mounting the antenna, there are some considerations that need to be taken into account:
- Compatibility: Ensure that the antenna is compatible with the Cisco Aironet access point being used. The antenna is designed to work with dual-band 802.11a/g/n/ac access points that have four antenna connectors.
- Location: The antenna should be placed in a location that provides the best signal coverage. Factors such as height, obstruction, and distance from the access point can affect the signal strength and coverage area.
- Cable Length: The length of the cable between the antenna and access point should be kept as short as possible to minimize signal loss. Cisco recommends using low-loss coaxial cable, such as LMR-400, for cable lengths up to 100 feet.
- Orientation: The antenna should be oriented in the direction of the desired coverage area. The antenna provides a directional beam pattern that can be adjusted for horizontal or vertical polarization.
- Mounting: The antenna can be mounted using a pole mount or a wall mount. When mounting the antenna, ensure that it is securely fastened to prevent it from falling or moving due to wind or other environmental factors.
- Grounding: To prevent damage from lightning strikes, it is recommended to ground the antenna using a grounding wire connected to a suitable grounding point.
Antenna Management and Configuration
The Cisco AIR-ANT2566D4M-R Aironet 2.4 GHz/5 GHz Dual Band Directional Array Antenna is a high-performance antenna that is designed for use with Cisco Aironet access points. This antenna is capable of operating on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands, making it ideal for use in a variety of wireless networking applications.
The management of the Cisco AIR-ANT2566D4M-R Aironet antenna is done through the access point software. The access point software provides information about the antenna, including its status, signal strength, and other parameters. The software can also be used to configure the antenna, including setting the frequency band, gain, and other settings.
The Cisco AIR-ANT2566D4M-R Aironet antenna can be configured for use in either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency bands. The antenna has a directional array, which means that it can be used to direct the wireless signal in a specific direction. The gain of the antenna can also be adjusted to increase the strength of the signal.
To configure the Cisco AIR-ANT2566D4M-R Aironet antenna, the following steps should be followed:
- Log in to the access point software.
- Navigate to the antenna configuration page.
- Select the frequency band that the antenna will be used in (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz).
- Set the gain of the antenna to the desired level.
- Configure any other settings that are required.
Once the antenna is configured, it can be used to improve the performance of the wireless network by directing the signal in the desired direction and increasing the strength of the signal.
General Information about this Cisco AIR-ANT2566D4M-R
- Part Number or SKU# AIR-ANT2566D4M-R
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Product Type: Antenna
Technical Information of 2.4GHz Antenna
- Directivity: Directional
- Frequency Band Type: UHF/ SHF
- Operating Frequency Range: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
- Form Factor: Wall / Mast
- Antenna Gain (Isotropic): 6 dBi
- Application/Usage: Wireless Access Point Indoor / Outdoor
Interfaces & Ports
- Connector Type: RP-TNC
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.