The Cisco 891F is a small business router that offers 11 ports and a management port, as well as an expansion slot for Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) modules. It is a Gigabit router, which means that it is capable of delivering high-speed network connectivity with data transfer rates of up to 1 Gbps (gigabit per second). The USB port on the router can be used to connect external storage devices or other USB devices, such as a 3G/4G modem for WAN connectivity. The management port allows you to connect a computer directly to the router for management and configuration purposes. The expansion slot can be used to add additional connectivity options to the router, such as an additional WAN port or a fiber optic connection. The router supports a variety of networking protocols and features, including IPv4 and IPv6, NAT, firewall, VPN, Quality of Service (QoS), and more. It is well-suited for small businesses and branch offices that need a reliable and feature-rich router for their network.
Router Configuration and Management
Router Configuration and Management of the C891F-K9 Cisco 891F 8 Ports Gigabit Ethernet Security Router involves setting up and managing the various network parameters and security features of the router. This includes configuring the interfaces, setting up routing protocols, and configuring security features such as firewall and VPN.
To begin configuring the router, the user would first need to connect to the router's web interface or command-line interface (CLI) using a web browser or a terminal program. The default login credentials for the router are typically "admin" for the username and "cisco" for the password.
Once logged in, the user can begin configuring the interfaces by assigning IP addresses and subnet masks to each port. This can be done through the web interface by navigating to the "Interfaces" tab or by using the "interface" command in the CLI.
The user can also set up routing protocols such as OSPF or RIP by navigating to the "Routing" tab in the web interface or by using the corresponding "router" command in the CLI. This allows the router to communicate with other routers on the network and determine the best path for data to travel.
Additionally, the user can configure security features such as firewall and VPN by navigating to the "Security" tab in the web interface or by using the corresponding "ip access-list" and "crypto" commands in the CLI. This allows the router to protect the network from unauthorized access and secure communication between remote networks.
Finally, the user can manage and monitor the router by viewing logs and statistics, backing up and restoring the configuration, and upgrading the firmware. This can be done through the web interface by navigating to the "Monitoring" and "Maintenance" tabs or by using the "show" and "copy" commands in the CLI.
The Cisco 891F is a Gigabit router, which means that it is capable of delivering high-speed network connectivity with data transfer rates of up to 1 Gbps (gigabit per second). The router is designed to handle the networking needs of small businesses and branch offices, and it is equipped with a range of features and technologies that can help improve network performance and reliability.
Some of the performance-enhancing features of the Cisco 891F include:
- Gigabit Ethernet ports: The router has 11 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provide fast and reliable connectivity for wired devices such as computers, servers, and switches.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The router supports QoS, which allows you to prioritize certain types of network traffic to ensure that important applications and services receive the bandwidth they need.
- Security features: The router includes a firewall and VPN support to help protect your network from external threats.
- IPv4 and IPv6 support: The router supports both IPv4 and IPv6, the two most widely used versions of the Internet Protocol. This allows the router to connect to both legacy and modern networks.
General Information about this Cisco C891F-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# C891F-K9
- Product Series: 890
- Product Model: 891F
- Product Type: Router
Interfaces / Ports of Management SFP Router
- Total Number of Ports: 8
- USB: Yes
- Powerline: No
- Management Port: Yes
- Token Ring Port: No
- Serial V.35 Interface: No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 8
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports: 2
- Number of RJ-11 Ports: 1
I/O Expansions of 8 Ports Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 1
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
Network & Communication for Ethernet Router
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Network Technology: 10/100Base-TX
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Transport Protocol: DDNS, DHCP, DNS, FTP, ICMP/IP, IPSec, L2TP, L2TPv3, RSVP, RTP
- Routing Protocol: BGP, BGP-4+, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD), EIGRP, GRE, HSRP, NHRP, OSPF, OSPFv3, Policy-based routing (PBR), RIP-1, RIP-2, VRRP, WCCP
- Integrated Switch: 8-port switch
- Form Factor: Desktop, Rack-mountable
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Access Control List (ACL) support, Auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), Class of Service (CoS), Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ), DHCP client, DHCP relay, DHCP server, DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support, DiffServ support, DNS proxy, Dynamic DNS server, Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN), Fanless, Firewall protection, Flexible NetFlow (FNF), High Availability, IGMP snooping, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), IPv6 support, Link Fragmentation and Interleaving (LFI), Low-latency queuing (LLQ), MAC address filtering, NAT support, Power over Ethernet (PoE), Quality of Service (QoS), Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Storm Control, Traffic shaping, Virtual Route Forwarding-Lite (VRF-Lite), Weighted Fair Queuing (WFQ), Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)
Management & Protocols
- Security Features:
- Cisco IOS Firewall
- Zone-Based Policy Firewall
- SPI Firewall
- VRF-Aware firewall
- Flexible Packet Matching
- Stateful Inspection Transparent Firewall
- Threat Protection
- Content Filtering
- Standard Memory: 512 MB
- Maximum Memory: 768 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 256 MB
- Frequency Required: 50/60 Hz
- Power Provided: 60 Watt
- Nominal Voltage: AC 120/230 V
- Type: External power adapter
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 12.8 Inch
- Depth: 9.8 Inch
- Weight: 5.51 LBS
- Compliant Standards: CISPR 22, CISPR 24, EN 300386, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, EN 61000-6-1, EN50082-1, EN55022, EN55024, ICES-003, KN22
- Authentication Method: RADIUS, TACACS+
- Height (Rack Units): 1
- Encryption Algorithm: 128-bit AES, 192-bit AES, 256-bit AES, DES, PKI, SSL, Triple DES
- Color Category: Gray
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C891F-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.