The AIR-AP1142N-A-K9 is a wireless access point (AP) from Cisco's Aironet 1142 series. It is designed to provide wireless connectivity in a variety of environments, including enterprise, commercial, and industrial settings. It supports the IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards and operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The AP has a maximum data rate of 300 Mbps, making it suitable for a wide range of wireless applications. It can be configured and managed using Cisco's wireless LAN controllers, or it can be deployed in a standalone configuration with a web browser. The AP has a number of security features, including support for Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2, as well as advanced encryption and authentication options. It also has a number of management features, including support for Quality of Service (QoS) and power over Ethernet (PoE).
Cisco Aironet 1142n 300Mbps Wireless Access Point is designed to deliver high performance and reliable wireless connectivity. It supports the IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards and operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which allows it to support a maximum data rate of 300 Mbps. This makes it suitable for a wide range of wireless applications, including data, voice, and video.
The AP has a number of features that contribute to its performance. For example, it has three internal antennas that are optimized for use in 2.4 GHz networks. It also has a number of advanced radio technologies, including 802.11n MIMO (multiple-input, multiple-output) and beamforming, which help to improve the range and reliability of the wireless connection.
In terms of security, the AP has a number of advanced features to protect against unauthorized access and protect the confidentiality of transmitted data. These include support for WPA and WPA2, as well as advanced encryption and authentication options.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
The Cisco Aironet 1142n wireless access point can experience various issues that can affect the performance and connectivity of the wireless network. Here are some common issues and troubleshooting tips:
- No wireless connectivity: If wireless clients cannot connect to the access point, check the SSID configuration and ensure that it matches the SSID of the wireless clients. Also, check the security settings, such as WEP, WPA, or WPA2, to ensure they are configured correctly.
- Poor signal strength: If wireless clients experience poor signal strength or frequent disconnections, check the placement of the access point and ensure it is not obstructed by walls or other obstacles. Also, check the radio settings, such as transmit power and channel width, to optimize the signal strength.
- Interference: If wireless clients experience interference or signal noise, check the radio settings to ensure that the access point is using the best channel with the least amount of interference. You can also try changing the channel width to avoid overlapping with nearby networks.
- Firmware updates: If the access point experiences any issues, check for firmware updates and apply them as needed. Firmware updates can fix bugs and improve the performance of the access point.
- Power issues: If the access point does not power on or experiences intermittent power issues, check the power source and ensure it is providing the correct voltage and current to the access point.
- Authentication issues: If wireless clients cannot authenticate with the access point, check the authentication settings and ensure that they are configured correctly. You can also try restarting the access point and the wireless clients.
- Rogue access points: If you suspect that a rogue access point is interfering with your network, use the access point's rogue detection feature to scan for nearby access points and identify any rogue devices.
General Information about this Cisco AIR-AP1142N-A-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# AIR-AP1142N-A-K9
- Product Series: 1140
- Product Type: Wireless Access Point
Technical Information of Wireless Access Point
- Wireless Transmission Speed 300 Mbps
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11n
- ISM Band Yes
- UNII Band Yes
- ISM Minimum Frequency 2.41 GHz
- ISM Maximum Frequency 2.46 GHz
- UNII Minimum Frequency 5.18 GHz
- UNII Maximum Frequency 5.83 GHz
- Antenna Gain 3 dBi
- Antenna Gain 4 dBi
Interfaces/Ports for 300MBPS Access Point
- Ethernet Port Yes
- Fast Ethernet Port Yes
- Gigabit Ethernet Port Yes
- 10Gigabit Ethernet Port No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 1
- Network (RJ-11) No
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- VGA No
- HDMI No
- Audio Line Out No
- Serial Port No
- USB No
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
Power Description of Ethernet Access Point
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Power Source PoE
- Power over Ethernet (PoE), MIMO technology, Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) support, Cisco M-Drive technology, ClientLink technology
- Encryption Algorithm: AES, TLS, PEAP, TTLS, TKIP, WPA, WPA2
- Authentication Method: MS-CHAP v.2, EAP-FAST
- IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.11d, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.11i, IEEE 802.11h, IEEE 802.11n
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
Dimension and Weight
- Width: 8.7 inch
- Depth: 8.7 inch
- Height: 1.9 inch
- Weight: 2.29 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-AP1142N-A-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.