More Information of this Item
The Cisco AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 is a wireless access point that supports 802.11a/b/g/n standards. It has a maximum data rate of 300Mbps and can support a maximum of 256 concurrent clients. It also has an integrated antenna with a gain of 3 dBi for the 2.4 GHz frequency band and 5 dBi for the 5 GHz frequency band. Additionally, it includes features such as rogue access point detection, wireless intrusion detection and prevention, and support for Cisco's wireless LAN controller. It has a maximum power consumption of 12.95W. The device is typically used in enterprise and medium to large-scale deployment environments.
This Access Point includes a built-in power supply, and it also supports external power via an Ethernet cable. It is a lightweight device and can be easily mounted on walls and ceilings. It is also equipped with a variety of security features, including support for WPA and WPA2 security protocols, and an integrated firewall. Additionally, it includes Quality of Service (QoS) features to prioritize network traffic and ensure smooth delivery of time-sensitive data. It also supports Cisco's CleanAir technology which is a spectrum intelligence feature that enables the access point to detect and mitigate RF interference.
Performance and Reliability
The AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 is a high-performance wireless access point that offers a maximum data rate of 54Mbps. It is designed to operate in enterprise-class wireless networks, providing reliable wireless coverage for users.
The access point is equipped with advanced features to ensure high performance and reliability, including:
- Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize different types of network traffic for optimal performance.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support for convenient installation and power management.
- Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) compatibility for centralized management and monitoring of multiple access points.
- Advanced wireless security features to protect the network from unauthorized access and protect sensitive data.
Additionally, the access point supports the 802.11a/b/g/n wireless standards, which allows it to support a large number of wireless devices with different wireless capabilities.
In terms of reliability, the access point is designed to operate in a wide range of temperatures and has a rugged design that can withstand harsh environments. It also has a built-in redundancy to ensure that the wireless network remains available even if one access point fails.
The Cisco this model wireless access point is compliant with a number of industry standards. These standards ensure that the device is compatible with other networking equipment and that it operates in a secure and reliable manner.
Some of the compliant standards of AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 are:
- IEEE 802.11a: This standard defines the physical layer and media access control for wireless LANs operating in the 5 GHz frequency band.
- IEEE 802.11b: This standard defines the physical layer and media access control for wireless LANs operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band.
- IEEE 802.11g: This standard extends the 802.11b standard to provide higher data rates (up to 54Mbps) while still operating in the 2.4 GHz band.
- IEEE 802.11n: This standard increases the maximum data rate to 600Mbps and improves range and reliability.
- IEEE 802.3af: This standard defines Power over Ethernet (PoE), which allows the access point to be powered through the Ethernet cable.
- IEEE 802.1X: This standard defines a framework for authenticating and authorizing clients on a LAN or wireless network.
- IEEE 802.11i: This standard defines security mechanisms for wireless LANs, including Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP).
- Wi-Fi Alliance: The access point is also Wi-Fi certified, which means it has undergone testing and is compliant with Wi-Fi standards.
Additionally, the model is also compliant with a number of security standards such as WPA2 and WPA3, to ensure secure communication and protect against unauthorized access.
Main Information about this Cisco AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9
- Product Line: Aironet
- Product Series: 1240AG
- Product Name: Aironet 1242AG Access Point
- Product Type: Wireless Access Point
Technical Information of Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11a/b/g
- ISM Band Yes
- UNII Band Yes
- Wireless Transmission Speed 54 MBPS
- ISM Minimum Frequency 2.40 GHz
- ISM Maximum Frequency 2.41 GHz
- UNII Minimum Frequency 5 GHz
- UNII Maximum Frequency 5.15 GHz
- Total Number of Antennas 2
- Antenna Gain 2.2 dBi
- Antenna Gain 3.5 dBi
- Antenna Type Diversity Dipole Antenna
- Antenna Type Omnidirectional Antenna
- Antenna Connector RP-TNC Connector
- Indoor Antenna Range 460 ft
- Outdoor Antenna Range 950 ft
- Wireless Security:
- UL 60950
- UL 2043
Interfaces / Ports of Aironet 1242AG Access Point
- Fast Ethernet Port Yes
- Management Port Yes
Management & Protocols of Cisco Wireless Acces Point
- Console port management
- Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
- CiscoWorks Campus Manager
- CiscoWorks CiscoView
- CiscoWorks WLSE
- CiscoWorks Wireless LAN Solution Engine (WLSE)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (MIB I and MIB II)
- CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials (RME)
- CiscoWorks Software Image Manager (SWIM)
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 48 V DC
- Power Source Power Supply
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Desktop
- Form Factor Ceiling Mountable
- Height 1.1 Inch
- Depth 8.5 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 2 LBS
- Package Contents-
- Aironet 1242AG 802.11a/b/g Wireless Access Point
- Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series Power Module (universal power module)-optional
- Quick Start Guide: Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series Access Point
- Safety Warnings for Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series Access Points
- Cisco product registration and Cisco documentation feedback cards
- Mounting hardware kit-
- One mounting plate with cable security bracket
- Two suspended ceiling T-rail clips, spacers (accommodates standard and recessed T-rails), and nuts
- One security hasp
- Two 6 x 32 x 1/2 in. pan head Phillips machine screws
- Four 8 x 18 x 3/4 in. pan head Phillips sheet metal screws
- Four #8 plastic wall anchors
- One 10 x 24 nut (for ground stud on mounting bracket)
- Four rubber foot pads
- Two cable tie wraps
- Additional Information-
- Software: Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(7)JA or later
- Memory: 32 MB RAM, 16 MB flash
- Processor: IBM PowerPC405 (200 MHz)
- Two RP-TNC connectors 802.11g or 802.11a approved
- Provides Link Role Flexibility when running Cisco IOS Software
- Can be powered by 802.3af PoE, Cisco inline power switches, single port power injectors, or local power
- Certifications & Standards-
- UL 60950
- UL 2043
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.11b
- IEEE 802.11g
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3af
- IEEE 802.11i
- IEEE 802.1x
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.