Access Point Management and Monitoring
The Cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 Aironet 1852I is a high-performance wireless access point that offers a range of management and monitoring capabilities to help IT administrators optimize network performance and troubleshoot issues. Here are some of the key management and monitoring features of the AIR-AP1852I-E-K9:
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC): The AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 can be managed by a Cisco WLC, which provides centralized control and management of all access points on the network. The WLC also allows for configuration changes and firmware updates to be applied to multiple access points at once.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure: The AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 can be integrated with Cisco Prime Infrastructure, a network management platform that provides a range of network monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting tools.
- Cisco Mobility Express: The AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 can be deployed in a Cisco Mobility Express environment, which provides a simplified, self-contained management solution for small to medium-sized networks.
- Network monitoring: The access point can provide detailed information about the network, including client usage, device connectivity, and performance statistics.
- Troubleshooting tools: The AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 includes built-in diagnostic tools to help IT administrators troubleshoot issues, such as packet captures, event logs, and network tests.
- Performance tuning: The access point can be configured to optimize network performance, with settings for data rates, channel width, and transmit power.
- Reporting: The access point can generate reports on network usage and performance, allowing IT administrators to identify trends and potential issues.
Deployment and Configuration
Deploying and configuring the Cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 Aironet 1852I PoE+ MIMO Technology Wireless Access Point involves several steps. Here's an overview of the deployment and configuration process:
- Physical installation: First, mount the access point in a location that provides optimal coverage for the desired area. Make sure the access point is securely mounted and powered with PoE+ or an AC adapter.
- Connect the access point: Connect the access point to a PoE+ switch or power source. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the access point to the network. Verify that the access point receives power and is properly connected to the network.
- Access the management interface: Use a web browser to access the management interface of the access point. Enter the default IP address of the access point to access the login page.
- Configure the access point: Once you have logged in, you can configure the access point by setting up the wireless network, security settings, and other configurations. You can also set up a captive portal for guest access, adjust transmit power levels, and enable or disable radios.
- Apply changes and save settings: After configuring the access point, apply the changes and save the settings. The access point will then reboot to apply the new configuration.
- Test the access point: After the access point has rebooted, test the wireless network and verify that client devices can connect to the network. Check the signal strength and coverage area to ensure optimal performance.
- Fine-tune the configuration: Fine-tune the configuration as needed to optimize performance and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
The deployment and configuration of the Cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 Aironet 1852I Wireless Access Point is a relatively straightforward process. However, it's important to follow best practices and guidelines to ensure optimal performance and security for the wireless network.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
The Cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 Aironet 1852I PoE+ MIMO Technology Wireless Access Point is a reliable and high-performance wireless access point, but like any technology, it can experience issues. Here are some common issues that may arise with this access point and how to troubleshoot them:
- No connectivity: If the access point is not connecting to the network, check the physical connections, including the network cable and power source. If using PoE+, ensure the switch or injector is functioning properly.
- Slow performance: Slow performance can be caused by interference, insufficient signal strength, or a high number of connected devices. Use a Wi-Fi analyzer to check for interference, adjust the power or channel settings as needed, and consider adding additional access points to improve coverage.
- Authentication issues: If clients are having trouble connecting to the wireless network, check the authentication settings, including SSID and password, to ensure they are entered correctly. Ensure that the clients are using compatible encryption and authentication protocols.
- Security issues: If there are security concerns, check the access point settings for any vulnerabilities, including outdated firmware or incorrect security configurations.
- Network errors: If there are network errors, check the switch or router for any issues. Check the DHCP server and DNS settings to ensure they are configured correctly.
- Compatibility issues: If there are compatibility issues with client devices, check the access point settings to ensure they are configured to support the device's wireless standards.
- Power issues: If the access point is not functioning properly, check the power supply, including the PoE+ injector, to ensure it is providing enough power for the access point to function properly.
- Firmware updates: If all else fails, consider updating the access point firmware to the latest version, which can improve performance, security, and stability.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can identify and resolve common issues with the Cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 Aironet 1852I PoE+ MIMO Technology Wireless Access Point, ensuring that it is providing reliable and high-performance wireless connectivity for your network.
General Information about this Cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# AIR-AP1852I-E-K9
- Device Type: Wireless Access Point
Technical Information of Cisco Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11ac
- Frequency Band: 2.47 GHz, 5.70 GHz
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 1.69 GBPS
- Ethernet Technology: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 2
Dimension and Weight for this Cisco Access Point
- Height: 2 Inch
- Width: 8.3 Inch
- Depth: 8.3 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 3.12 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
A wireless network connection allows users to connect their server, computer, or mobile phone networks without the use of any kind of wire cables.
Using a wireless network, enterprises and private owners are able to avoid the expensive and strenuous process of installing cables. There is no need for wired devices between equipment in different locations and into the buildings.
Wireless network router, for example, allows for simultaneous connection sharing between various wireless accessories for a better performance experience. Wireless networks make use of radio waves to allow devices to connect. They can connect devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and smart televisions to the internet or other applications.
When users have their wireless devices connected to Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, the connection remains established to that particular business network. While installing a new wireless networking device in homes or offices, users must consider several things. One of the most important ones is the unit's compatibility with other wireless accessories
Wireless Networking Devices
Fast and reliable internet connectivity is guaranteed when users pick the right set of networking devices for home and office networks. Wireless devices come in different varieties. These different types of networking devices only function to suit users' connectivity requirements. Wireless routers connect devices to the internet for high-quality streaming and surfing. They also improve users' streaming experience and other internet activities.
In most cases, wireless networking devices help users get their work done easily with lesser stress. They ensure fast and reliable internet connectivity at all times.
You can choose the right device for your needs from a wide selection of AllHDD wireless devices. We have new and refurbished devices like 1 to 8-port interface cards, external 3G and 4G modems, wireless access points with the speed range from 11MBps up to 5.2GBps and everything in between.
Main Types of Wireless Networks
There are four main types of wireless networks:
Wireless Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network links two or more devices using a wireless connection method. It provides a connection via access points to a wider internet. Wi-Fi is the most commonly known and used wireless LAN type.
A local-area network is one that exists at a single location—an office building, for instance. LANs can be used to connect a wide array of accessories, such as scanners, printers, and even data storage devices.
The known components of LANs include switches, access points, routers, firewalls, and Ethernet cables.
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
A metropolitan-area network is one that spreads across a city, small geographical area, business area, or even college campus. One distinguishing factor that differentiates MANs from LANs is the coverage capacity or size. LANs usually provide a network for a building or specific area.
While MANs, on the other hand, cover several square miles depending on the desires and requirements of the organization using it. Large-scale companies often obtain MANs to level up with their needs.
This happens most especially in situations whereby a company has a spacious organization. Then, they have the need to manage important components such as climate control and electrical systems.
Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)
A wide-area network covers an incredibly vast area. It can be a whole city, an entire state, or even a country. The internet everyone uses today is an apt example of WAN access. Just like the internet, a WAN consists of smaller networks, such as LANs or MANs.
The cellular service we get on our mobile devices today is the most commonly known example of wireless Wide Area Networks. It is always available everywhere we go within the country.
Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN)
Personal-area networks consist of a network mainly concentrated around the devices of a single person in a particular location.
A PAN could have a mobile phone, computer, video game console, or other auxiliary devices. They are regular home devices and small office devices. A well-known example of a wireless PAN is Bluetooth.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.