Optimizing Wireless Performance
Optimizing wireless performance for the AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 Cisco Aironet Wireless Access Point is important to ensure that your wireless network provides the best possible user experience. Here are some steps that you can take to optimize wireless performance with the AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9:
- Use 5GHz channels - The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands. Use 5GHz channels to reduce interference and improve performance.
- Adjust channel width - The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 supports channel widths of 20MHz, 40MHz, and 80MHz. Use narrower channel widths to reduce interference and improve performance.
- Adjust transmit power - Adjust the transmit power of the access point to provide optimal coverage without causing interference with other access points in the area.
- Use proper antenna placement - The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 supports external antennas for optimal coverage. Ensure that the antennas are placed in the proper locations to provide optimal coverage and reduce interference.
- Use VLANs - Use VLANs to separate different types of network traffic and prioritize critical traffic such as voice and video.
- Use Quality of Service (QoS) - Implement QoS policies to prioritize critical network traffic and ensure optimal performance.
- Enable radio resource management - Enable radio resource management (RRM) to optimize the use of available wireless channels and adjust power levels to reduce interference.
- Enable band select - Enable band select to ensure that dual-band clients connect to the 5GHz frequency band whenever possible.
- Enable client link aggregation - Enable client link aggregation (CLA) to increase the data rates for clients that support this feature.
- Use Fast Lane - Use Fast Lane to prioritize critical applications and ensure optimal performance for voice and video.
Wireless LAN Deployment Scenarios
The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 Cisco Aironet Wireless Access Point can be deployed in various wireless LAN (WLAN) deployment scenarios, depending on the specific requirements of the organization. Here are some common deployment scenarios:
- Outdoor Deployments: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 is designed to operate in outdoor environments and can be deployed in scenarios such as stadiums, parks, and campuses.
- Point-to-Point Wireless Bridges: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can be used to create point-to-point wireless bridges, connecting two or more remote sites together.
- Point-to-Multipoint Wireless Bridges: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can also be used to create point-to-multipoint wireless bridges, connecting multiple remote sites to a central location.
- Mesh Networks: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can be used to create wireless mesh networks, providing wireless coverage over a large area.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can be used to create Wi-Fi hotspots, providing wireless access to the internet in public places such as airports, cafes, and shopping centers.
- Mobile Deployments: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can be deployed in vehicles such as buses, trains, and emergency vehicles to provide mobile wireless access.
- Event Deployments: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can be deployed for temporary events such as trade shows, festivals, and concerts to provide wireless coverage for attendees.
- High-Density Deployments: The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 is designed to support high-density deployments and can be used in scenarios such as stadiums, convention centers, and other large venues where many users need wireless access.
In each of these deployment scenarios, the AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can be configured to provide secure, high-performance wireless connectivity to users. The access point's rugged design and support for multiple antennas and channels make it well-suited for outdoor and other challenging environments.
Wireless LAN Security and Authentication
The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 Cisco Aironet Wireless Access Point provides a number of security features to help protect your wireless LAN from unauthorized access and attacks. Here are some of the security and authentication features available in the AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9:
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) - These security protocols provide encryption and authentication for wireless networks. The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 supports both WPA and WPA2 and allows you to choose the appropriate security level for your wireless LAN.
- IEEE 802.1X - This standard provides port-based network access control that allows only authorized devices to connect to the wireless LAN. The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 supports 802.1X and can be integrated with an authentication server such as a RADIUS server.
- MAC Address Filtering - The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can be configured to only allow specific MAC addresses to connect to the wireless LAN. This provides an additional layer of security to prevent unauthorized devices from accessing the network.
- Guest Access - The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 supports guest access, allowing you to provide wireless access to visitors and guests without compromising the security of your network. Guest access can be configured with separate login credentials and restricted access to certain network resources.
- Rogue Access Point Detection - The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can detect and report on unauthorized access points that are attempting to connect to your wireless LAN. This helps prevent potential security breaches and network intrusions.
- Management Access Control - The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 provides a number of tools to secure access to the management interface, including password protection, HTTPS encryption, and SSH authentication.
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS) - This feature provides advanced threat detection and prevention for wireless LANs. The AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 can identify and mitigate rogue access points, unauthorized clients, and other potential security threats.
By utilizing these security and authentication features, you can help ensure that your wireless LAN is secure and protected from unauthorized access and attacks.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Aironet
- Product Series 1550
- Product Model 1552E
- Product Name Aironet 1552E Wireless Access Point
- Product Type Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11n
- ISM Band Yes
- UNII Band Yes
- ISM Minimum Frequency 2.40 GHz
- ISM Maximum Frequency 2.48 GHz
- UNII Minimum Frequency 5.73 GHz
- UNII Maximum Frequency 5.85 GHz
- Number of Antennas 4
- Antenna Gain 7 dBi
- Antenna Gain 4 dBi
- Antenna Type Omnidirectional Antenna
- Wireless Transmission Speed 300 Mbps
Interfaces / Ports
- Ethernet Port Yes
- Fast Ethernet Port Yes
- Gigabit Ethernet Port Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 1
Please contact us over the phone or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the estimated time of arrival for any "lead time required" item.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.