Radio Resource Management
The Cisco 2500 Series WLAN Controller (AIR-CT2504-15-K9) provides radio resource management capabilities that help optimize the performance of your wireless network. Here are some of the key features:
- Dynamic Channel Assignment (DCA): The controller uses DCA to automatically select the best available channel for each access point (AP) based on real-time RF conditions. DCA ensures that neighboring APs are not using the same channel, which helps prevent interference and co-channel contention.
- Transmit Power Control (TPC): The controller uses TPC to adjust the power level of each AP based on the RF conditions. TPC helps to reduce interference and improve coverage by ensuring that APs are not transmitting at a power level that is too high or too low.
- Bandwidth Control: The controller can limit the amount of bandwidth that is available to each client device or application. This helps to ensure that critical applications have the necessary bandwidth while preventing non-critical applications from consuming excessive bandwidth.
- Load Balancing: The controller can distribute client devices across multiple APs to balance the load and prevent overloading of individual APs. This helps to improve the overall performance and reliability of the wireless network.
- Rogue AP Detection: The controller can detect and locate rogue APs that are unauthorized or misconfigured. This helps to prevent security breaches and ensures that only authorized APs are used in the network.
- Client Roaming Optimization: The controller can help optimize client device roaming between APs by providing fast and seamless handoff. This ensures that clients stay connected to the network as they move around, without experiencing dropouts or disruptions.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
The AIR-CT2504-15-K9 Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller requires ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure it operates optimally. Here are some key maintenance and troubleshooting tasks to consider:
- Firmware and Software Updates: Regularly updating the controller's firmware and software is important for fixing known bugs, vulnerabilities and adding new features. Cisco provides firmware and software updates, and it's important to follow the recommended guidelines for upgrading.
- System Health Monitoring: Monitoring the system's health can help prevent issues before they occur. You can configure the controller to send alerts for critical system events and monitor system resources like CPU, memory, and storage to detect and troubleshoot potential problems.
- Log Collection and Analysis: Collecting and analyzing system logs is important for identifying issues and detecting security threats. You can use the controller's built-in logging feature to collect logs and send them to an external server for analysis.
- Wireless Site Survey: Conducting a wireless site survey can help identify and eliminate wireless dead zones and optimize the wireless network's performance. The site survey will help determine the best locations for access points to provide adequate coverage and signal strength.
- Client Connectivity Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting client connectivity issues is essential for maintaining wireless network performance. The controller provides diagnostic tools like client debugging, packet capture and analysis to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Access Point Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting access point issues is important for maintaining a healthy wireless network. The controller provides a range of troubleshooting tools, such as access point debugging, to help diagnose and resolve issues.
- Security Configuration Review: Periodically reviewing the controller's security configuration helps ensure that security policies are up-to-date and aligned with the organization's security requirements.
These are just some of the maintenance and troubleshooting tasks for the AIR-CT2504-15-K9 Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines and best practices to ensure the controller operates optimally.
Management and Monitoring
The AIR-CT2504-15-K9 Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller provides various management and monitoring capabilities to help you manage your wireless network efficiently. Here are some key management and monitoring features of the controller:
- Cisco Wireless LAN Solution Engine (WLSE): The controller can be integrated with Cisco WLSE to manage multiple wireless controllers, access points, and client devices from a single console.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI): The controller provides an easy-to-use GUI for managing the network. You can use the GUI to configure the controller, create WLANs, and manage access points.
- Command-Line Interface (CLI): The controller also provides a CLI for advanced management tasks. You can use the CLI to access all the configuration options available on the controller.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The controller supports SNMP, which allows you to monitor the network and receive notifications about network events.
- Syslog: The controller can send system log messages to a syslog server for centralized logging and analysis.
- NetFlow: The controller can generate NetFlow records to help you monitor network traffic and identify the source and destination of network traffic.
- Client Tracking: The controller can track client devices on the network and provide information about their location, usage patterns, and signal strength.
- Performance Monitoring: The controller provides real-time and historical performance monitoring for the network, including wireless client statistics, network utilization, and device health status.
- Alarm and Event Management: The controller can generate alarms and events to alert you of network issues, such as access point failures, client connectivity issues, and security violations.
General Information about this Cisco AIR-CT2504-15-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# AIR-CT2504-15-K9
- Product Line: Aironet
- Product Series: 2500
- Product Model: 2504
- Product Type: Wireless LAN Controller
Technical Information for Wireless LAN Controller
- Total Number of Ports: 4
- ISM Band No
- UNII Band No
- Wireless Security
- IEEE 802.1x
- Features Quality of Service (QoS)
Interfaces / Ports of WLAN Controller
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 4
- Ethernet Port Yes
- Fast Ethernet Port Yes
- Gigabit Ethernet Port Yes
- 10Gigabit Ethernet Port No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 4
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- VGA No
- Serial Port No
- USB No
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Switching Protocol: Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ICMP/IP, IPSec, ARP, BOOTP, DHCP
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Supported: PoE
- Power Device: External power adapter
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 8 Inch
- Depth 6.8 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 3.50 Lbs
With the growing number of wireless devices, there is a clear pointer that your business requires a wireless controller. Regardless of the size of your organization, you will find controllers that match your need. But what are these controllers used for? In a wireless local area network (WLAN), a controller manages all wireless access points. That permits wireless devices to connect to the network and communicate with each other. Think of it as an audio amplifier, but in this case, a controller amplifies the signal from the router so that even devices at far distances can connect.
How to Buy a Wireless Controller
You have to consider many factors when planning to buy a wireless network controller. At the top of the list is the budget. Depending on the resources you have set aside for this project, you can go for high-end 10-gigabit controllers or choose cost-effective options. Another factor to consider is the size of your organization. Assuming that you have enough money on your budget, a wireless controller with many access points and port is the ideal choice for large enterprises. The same will do for small businesses, but not be economical. So, instead of buying an 8-port controller, you can go for a 4-port one with few access points. Medium-sized organizations are better off with 6-point controllers such as AIR-CT5760-1K-K9 Cisco 5760.
What are the Benefits of Wireless Network Controllers?
The first benefit is better security for both your wired and wireless networks. Most cybercrimes begin at the unsecured wireless network access points. But with controllers, you can authenticate users and assign access privileges to maintain your network security. You can also detect and stop any unauthorized attempt to access the network on time before it turns into a disaster.
A wireless controller makes it possible and easier to monitor and manage a network. You can remotely monitor the entire IT infrastructure and save on the time and cost of site surveying. The simplified network monitoring and management ensure reliability while reducing the maintenance cost.
Buy a WLAN Controller at ALLHDD
Undoubtedly, your business needs a wireless network. You cannot think of going wireless without a controller. Buy quality wireless controllers at ALLHDD at the best price. We have different types and models for every organization's size and specific needs. Contact us if you need more information about shopping on our website. We are also available to answer all your queries.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-CT2504-15-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless Controller
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.