Installation and Setup
Here are the general steps to install and set up the ASA5515-FPWR-K9 Cisco ASA 5515-X Security Appliance:
- Unpack the device: Carefully unpack the device and ensure that all the components are included. These may include the power cable, Ethernet cable, console cable, and mounting hardware.
- Mount the device: Decide on the location where you want to install the device and mount it using the included mounting hardware. The device can be mounted on a rack or on a flat surface.
- Connect the device: Connect the power cable and Ethernet cable to the device. Also, connect the console cable to the console port on the device and to the console port on your computer.
- Configure the device: Using a terminal emulator program such as PuTTY, establish a console connection to the device. You will be prompted to enter a username and password to log in to the device. Once logged in, you can configure the device using the command-line interface (CLI) or the web-based graphical user interface (GUI).
- Set up network interfaces: Configure the network interfaces on the device. You will need to assign IP addresses to the interfaces and set up any VLANs as needed.
- Configure firewall policies: Set up firewall policies on the device to control access to the network. This may include setting up access control lists (ACLs) and defining rules for traffic flow.
- Configure other features: Configure any other features you want to use on the device, such as VPN or intrusion prevention.
- Test the device: Once you have configured the device, test it to ensure that it is functioning properly. You can do this by pinging the device and testing connectivity to other devices on the network.
The ASA5515-FPWR-K9 Cisco ASA 5515-X Security Appliance offers several security features to protect against various types of threats, including:
- Firewall: The appliance functions as a stateful firewall, which means it inspects all traffic passing through it and determines if it should be allowed or blocked based on configured security policies.
- VPN: The appliance supports site-to-site and remote access VPNs, allowing secure connectivity between different locations or remote workers.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): The IPS feature helps to prevent network attacks by inspecting traffic for known threats and suspicious behavior, and then taking action to block or alert on the detected threats.
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP): The AMP feature provides protection against zero-day and advanced malware by inspecting files for malicious content and blocking or quarantining them if they are found to be malicious.
- Content Security: The appliance provides content filtering and web security capabilities, allowing organizations to control access to websites and filter out undesirable content.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) decryption: The appliance can decrypt SSL traffic, allowing it to inspect encrypted traffic for threats.
- Identity-based access control: The appliance can enforce access control policies based on user identity, allowing organizations to restrict access to sensitive resources to only authorized users.
- Threat Intelligence: The appliance can integrate with threat intelligence feeds to identify and block traffic from known malicious sources.
The ASA5515-FPWR-K9 Cisco ASA 5515-X Security Appliance is a versatile security appliance that can be deployed in various scenarios, including:
- Small and medium-sized businesses: The ASA5515-FPWR-K9 is suitable for small and medium-sized businesses that require a comprehensive security solution to protect against various types of threats. It can be deployed as the primary security gateway and provide firewall, VPN, IPS, and content filtering capabilities.
- Remote locations: The ASA5515-FPWR-K9 can be deployed in remote locations where secure connectivity is required. It can be configured as a VPN endpoint to provide secure connectivity between remote locations and the main office.
- Data centers: The ASA5515-FPWR-K9 can be deployed in data centers to provide security for critical infrastructure and applications. It can be used to secure network traffic between different parts of the data center, as well as provide VPN access for remote administrators.
- Service providers: The ASA5515-FPWR-K9 can be deployed by service providers to offer managed security services to their customers. It can be configured to support multiple virtual firewalls, each with its own set of policies and rules, allowing service providers to offer customized security services to different customers.
- Virtualized environments: The ASA5515-FPWR-K9 can be deployed in virtualized environments as a virtual security appliance. This allows organizations to leverage the benefits of virtualization, such as increased flexibility and scalability, while also providing security for virtualized workloads.
General Information about this Cisco ASA5515-FPWR-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# ASA5515-FPWR-K9
- Product Line: ASA
- Product Series: 5500
- Product Type: Network Security/Firewall Appliance
Technical Information for Firewall Appliance
- Total Number of Ports 6
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Standard: 10/100/1000Base-T
Interfaces / Ports of Ethernet Security Appliance
- DSL Port No
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 6
Network & Communication of 6 Ports Firewall Appliance
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Status Indicators :Active, Alarm, HDD activity, Power
- Features :Firewall protection, VLAN support, VPN support
- 250 x IPsec VPN Peers
- 2 x Premium AnyConnect VPN Peers
- 250000 x Concurrent Connections
- 15000 x New Connections/Second
- 100 x Virtual Interfaces (VLANs)
- 2 x Security Contexts
- Firewall Protection Antivirus
- Firewall Protection Anti-spyware
- Firewall Protection Intrusion Prevention
- Firewall Protection Remote Access Authentication
- Firewall Protection Access Control
- Firewall Protection Content Filtering
- Firewall Protection Application Layer Filtering
- Firewall Protection Worm Scanning
- Firewall Protection Malware Protection
- Firewall Protection Deep Inspection Firewall
- Encryption Standard 3DES
- Encryption Standard AES
- Encryption Standard DES
- Type :Drivers & Utilities
- Power Device
- Type :Internal power supply
- Installed Qty :1
- Max Supported Qty :1
- Nominal Voltage :AC 120/230 V
- Frequency Required :50/60 hertz
- 120 Voltage AC 50 Hz
- 230 Voltage AC 60 Hz
- Standard Memory: 8GB
- Flash Memory: 8GB
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 1
- Expansion Slots :1 (total) / 1 (free) x expansion slot
- Interface Provided
- Interfaces :1 x 1000Base-T (management) – RJ-45, 1 x management – RJ-45, 2 x USB 2.0 – Type A, 6 x 1000Base-T – RJ-45
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Standard Memory 8 GB
- Flash Memory 8 GB
- Power Description:
- Input Voltage 120 V AC
- Input Voltage 230 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- ANSI C63.4-2009 , C-Tick , CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-07 , CISPR 22 , EN 60950-1 , EN 61000-3-2 , EN 61000-3-3 , EN55022 Class A , EN55024 , FCC Part 15 B Class A , ICES-003 , IEC 60950-1 , UL 60950-1 , VCCI
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 16.7 Inch
- Depth: 15.6 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 13.39 LBS
- Height (Rack Units) :1
- Encryption Algorithm :DES, Triple DES
About Refurbished Products
A proper network security appliance is able to provide you with threat defence, new malware protection, insightful reporting, application control, and more in one solution.
With organizations getting more and more reliant on software for automation and streamlining operations, users are getting strong emotional attachments to their vendors and applications. Advanced-level appliances are thus needed to maintain the relationship between you, as an end-user, and the vendors.
Security appliances can be defined as any server appliance form that is created for the protection of your computer networks from undesired traffic. There are various types of security appliances in the market. Some of them include:
- Preventative devices: These scan networks and recognize probable security issues like vulnerability assessment appliances and penetration testing.
- Passive devices: Sense and report undesired traffic. An example is intrusion detection appliances.
- Unified Threat Management (UTM): Appliances bring together features making one system like content filtering, some firewalls, and web caching.
- Active devices: These block undesired traffic. Examples of such are anti-virus scanning devices, content filtering devices, and firewalls.
Here at AllHDD, you can find the best network security appliance by choosing from our wide variety of options, we have different products with 1 port, 2 ports, 3 ports, and up to 24 ports!
There is a wide variety of appliances in the market which address most of the security concerns out there. The challenge is that all vendors claim they are able to achieve what your security requirements are. The preference is that this is done via wireless connection.
It would be great if the claims are determined to a particular degree by an independent body. The body would conduct benchmark tests to guarantee your safety if making some assumptions.
Efficiency of Security Appliances
A massive amount of code is employed in the creation of security appliances like IPS or IDS. Buffer overflows probability against a product management interface ( management module) like this one is very high. Purchasing a product like this is essential in the hostile and complex computer environment of today.
You need to be aware of the existence of exploitable problems linked with a snort. Snort is the leading Open Source Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) around the globe. It utilizes a string of rules that aid in the definition of malicious activity on the network. It then uses the rules to locate packets matching against the activities and generates you, as the user, alerts.
Snort may be positioned inline to break off these packets. It has three main uses: Like a packet sniffer such as tcpdump, like a complete network intrusion prevention system, or like a packet logger essential in debugging network traffic. You can download Snort and configure it for your business or personal use.
VPN in Security Appliances
A VPN device is a network appliance fitted with advanced security features. VPN appliance, also referred to as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), is effectively a router offering you firewall protection, authorization, load balancing, and encryption for Virtual Private Networks.
It is a network device that uses a public telecommunication framework like the Internet to offer individual users or remote offices secured proprietary data access. One of the commonly used conventions for the management of message transmission security on the internet is SSL. An ideal VPN device should provide multi-platform functionality and central management. It should also be compatible with all crucial network applications.
Security Appliances License
In networking, a network license facilitates many users on one particular TCP/IP network to have shared access to product licenses. The installed Network License Manager (NLM) controls the issuance of licenses to users.
On starting an Autodesk product, you are required to have a license from the license server via the network. If you have a license, NLM will allocate the computer and user starting the program a license. One thus decreases the number of licenses available on the server by one.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASA5515-FPWR-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.