Robust Network Performance of Expansion Module
The Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE is a network module for the Cisco ASA 5585-X series firewall appliances. It provides 8 LAN SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) ports and 8 RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet ports for network expansion.
In terms of network performance, the ASA5585-NM201GE module is designed to provide robust and reliable network connectivity. The LAN SFP ports support a variety of fiber optic and copper Ethernet connections, allowing for flexible deployment options depending on the needs of the network. The RJ-45 Ethernet ports support 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds, and are compatible with both Cat5 and Cat6 Ethernet cables.
The ASA5585-NM201GE module is designed for high-availability environments, and includes features such as link aggregation and failover for increased network resilience. It also supports advanced security features such as virtual private network (VPN) and intrusion prevention system (IPS) capabilities.
Network Management and Monitoring
The Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE is a network management and monitoring device that supports up to 8 ports of LAN SFP and 8 ports of RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T. This device is an expansion module that provides additional network connectivity options for a Cisco ASA5585 firewall.
To manage and monitor the Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE, you can use the Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) or the Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI). The ASDM is a web-based management interface that provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface for managing and monitoring the device. The CLI is a command-line interface that allows you to configure and manage the device using text commands.
In terms of network management, the Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE supports various network management protocols, such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Syslog, and Network Time Protocol (NTP). These protocols allow you to monitor and manage the device's performance, security, and availability.
For network monitoring, the Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE provides various features, including packet capture, packet filtering, and intrusion detection/prevention. These features enable you to monitor network traffic, detect and prevent security threats, and troubleshoot network issues.
Security Features and Functions
The Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE 8-Ports Network LAN SFP Expansion Module is designed to provide additional network connectivity options and security features for the Cisco ASA 5585-X Firewall appliances. Some of the key security features and functions of this expansion module are:
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) Support: The Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE expansion module supports VPN technologies such as IPsec and SSL VPN, which allow remote users to securely connect to the network.
- Firewall Protection: The expansion module provides advanced firewall features such as access control, intrusion prevention, and network address translation (NAT) to protect the network against unauthorized access and attacks.
- Advanced Threat Protection: The module includes advanced threat protection features such as URL filtering, content filtering, and anti-malware protection to protect the network against malware and other malicious activities.
- High Availability: The expansion module supports high availability features such as failover and load balancing to ensure uninterrupted network connectivity and performance.
- Traffic Management: The module provides traffic management features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and bandwidth management to ensure that critical applications and services receive the necessary resources and priority.
- Scalability: The expansion module supports up to 8 LAN SFP ports and 8 RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T ports, providing the network with additional connectivity options and scalability.
- Network Monitoring and Analysis: The module includes features such as network monitoring, logging, and reporting to help administrators detect and analyze network traffic, troubleshoot issues, and optimize network performance.
General Information about this Cisco ASA5585-NM201GE
- Brand: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# ASA5585-NM201GE
- Product Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Expansion Module
Technical Information of Expansion Module
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
Interfaces/Ports for this 8-Ports LAN
- Total Number of Port: 8-Ports
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 8 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Network LAN
Media & Performance of Gigabit Ethernet
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 100 Mbit/s
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 12
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Compatibility: Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure and meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in them. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure them to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fibre technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helps to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalogue, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and monitor a large number of contacts.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.