Performance and Scalability
The Cisco ASR 1001-4X1GE Aggregation Services Router is a high-performance and scalable router that is well-suited for use in service provider networks. Some of its key performance and scalability characteristics include:
- High routing performance: The router supports up to 2 Gbps of total throughput and can route up to 1 million IP routes.
- Large memory and storage capacity: The router has 4 GB of DRAM and 4 GB of flash memory, which allows it to support large routing tables and other features.
- Scalable interfaces: The router has 4 x 1GE interfaces and supports various interface types such as SFP, SFP+, and XFP, which allows it to adapt to different network requirements.
- High-availability features: The router has a redundant power supply and fan trays, as well as hardware and software redundancy features such as Non-Stop Routing (NSR) and Stateful Switchover (SSO) to ensure high availability.
- Network management and monitoring: The router can be managed and monitored through the CLI, SNMP, and Cisco Prime Infrastructure, which provides a centralized management and monitoring solution.
- Support for various service provider-class features: The router supports various service provider-class features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) to support various service offerings and customer requirements.
Network Management Systems
The Cisco ASR 1001-4X1GE Aggregation Services Router can be managed and monitored through a variety of network management systems, including:
- Command-Line Interface (CLI): The router can be managed and configured through the CLI, which provides a command-line interface for configuring and monitoring the router.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The router can be managed and monitored through SNMP, which allows for the monitoring of various performance and status metrics.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Cisco Prime Infrastructure is a network management system that provides a centralized management and monitoring solution for Cisco devices, including the ASR 1001-4X1GE. It provides a web-based interface for configuring and monitoring the router, as well as troubleshooting and reporting capabilities.
- Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO): Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) is a network services orchestration platform that allows for the automation of network provisioning and management. It integrates with the router via NETCONF and YANG, which allows for the programmatic configuration and management of the router.
- Cisco DNA Center: Cisco DNA Center is a network management system that provides a centralized management and monitoring solution for Cisco devices, including the ASR 1001-4X1GE. It provides a web-based interface for configuring and monitoring the router, as well as troubleshooting and reporting capabilities.
The Cisco ASR 1001-4X1GE Aggregation Services Router supports a wide range of routing protocols, including:
- Interior Gateway Routing Protocols (IGRP): IGRP is a Cisco proprietary routing protocol that is used to route packets within an autonomous system.
- Routing Information Protocol version 1 (RIPv1) and version 2 (RIPv2): RIP is a distance-vector routing protocol that is used to route packets within an autonomous system.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): OSPF is a link-state routing protocol that is used to route packets within an autonomous system.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): BGP is an exterior routing protocol that is used to route packets between autonomous systems.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): EIGRP is a Cisco proprietary routing protocol that is based on IGRP and is used to route packets within an autonomous system.
- Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS): IS-IS is a link-state routing protocol that is used to route packets within an autonomous system.
- Routing Information Protocol Next-Generation (RIPng) : RIPng is a routing protocol for IPv6 networks, an extension of RIP version 2 that support IPv6
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) : PIM is a multicast routing protocol that can be used in conjunction with any unicast routing protocol to provide multicast routing services.
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) : MPLS is a mechanism in high-performance telecommunications networks that directs data from one network node to the next based on short path labels rather than long network addresses.
The ASR1001-4X1GE also supports various routing features such as Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) which allows multiple routing tables to coexist within the same router and allows for the creation of virtual routing instances, and policy-based routing (PBR) which allows for the definition of routing policies based on various criteria such as source and destination IP address, protocol, and port number.
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number ASR1001-4X1GE
- Product Series 1000
- Product Model 1001
- Product Name 1001 Aggregation Services Router
- Product Type Router
Interfaces / Ports
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 6
- Expansion Slot Type Shared Port Adapter
- Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- VoIP Supported No
Management & Protocols
- Security Features-
- Deep packet inspection
- Cisco IOS Firewall
- Zone-Based Policy Firewall
- Flash Memory 1 GB
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASR1001-4X1GE at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.