Power Management Features and Configuration
The ASR1006-PWR-AC Cisco 1280 Watt Redundant AC Power Module is designed to provide redundant power to the Cisco ASR 1006 router. The power module is a hot-pluggable module, which allows for easy replacement without shutting down the router. It has several power management features that can be configured to optimize power usage and provide redundancy.
Power Management Features:
- Power redundancy: The power module provides a redundant power supply to ensure that the router continues to operate in case of a power supply failure.
- Power Budgeting: The power module allows for setting a maximum power consumption limit, ensuring that the router does not exceed its power budget.
- Power monitoring: The power module can monitor power usage and provide alerts in case of power usage exceeding the set power budget or a power supply failure.
- Power capping: The power module can be configured to limit power usage to a specific level, preventing the router from consuming more power than is necessary.
- To configure the power management features of the ASR1006-PWR-AC power module, you need to use the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) to access the router's configuration.
- To configure the power budget, use the command "power inline [maximum-power] [auto | never]" to set the maximum power consumption limit for the router.
- To configure power capping, use the command "power inline cap [power-cap]" to set a maximum power usage level for the router.
- To monitor power usage, use the command "show power" to view the current power usage of the router and the status of the power supplies.
- To enable or disable a power supply, use the command "power inline [supply-name] [auto | off]" to enable or disable a specific power supply.
- To configure SNMP traps for power-related issues, use the command "configure terminal" to access the router's configuration, then use the command "snmp-server enable traps power" to enable SNMP traps for power-related issues.
Temperature Monitoring and Alarm Configuration
The ASR1006-PWR-AC Cisco 1280 Watt Redundant AC Power Module is designed to provide redundant power to the Cisco ASR 1006 Router. The power module is hot-pluggable and can be replaced without shutting down the router. Here are the steps for temperature monitoring and alarm configuration for the ASR1006-PWR-AC power module:
- Monitor the temperature of the power module using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) by using the command "show environment temperature"
- Check the temperature of the power module to ensure that it is operating within safe temperature limits.
- Configure the alarm feature of the power module by using the "configure terminal" command in the CLI. This allows you to set up SNMP traps for temperature-related issues.
- Use the "snmp-server enable traps" command to enable SNMP traps for temperature-related issues.
- Use the "snmp-server host [IP address] traps version 2c [community string]" command to configure the SNMP server and specify the IP address and community string.
- Use the "snmp-server host [IP address] traps environment" command to configure the SNMP server to send traps for temperature-related issues.
- Use the "snmp-server host [IP address] inform" command to configure the SNMP server to send inform messages for temperature-related issues.
- Use the "snmp-server host [IP address] traps version 2c [community string] environment" command to configure the SNMP server to send traps and inform messages for temperature-related issues.
It's important to note that the temperature alarm configuration can be done by using the Cisco Prime Infrastructure or Cisco DNA Center as well. Additionally, it's important to keep an eye on the temperature of the power module to ensure that it is not overheating, as this can lead to equipment failure and potential data loss.
Redundancy and Backup Power Features
The ASR1006-PWR-AC Cisco 1280 Watt Redundant AC Power Module is designed to provide redundant power to the Cisco ASR 1006 router. The power supply is a hot-pluggable module, which allows for easy replacement without shutting down the router.
- The ASR1006-PWR-AC power supply is designed to provide redundancy in case of power failure. This means that if one power supply module fails, the other power supply module will take over and provide power to the router.
Backup Power Features:
- The ASR1006-PWR-AC power supply has built-in battery backup. In case of power failure, the battery backup will kick in and provide power to the router until the main power supply is restored.
- The power supply also has a power redundancy management feature that can be configured to automatically switch to the secondary power supply in case of failure.
- The power supply also has a feature that allows for the monitoring of power supply status, voltage, and temperature using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI). This allows for early detection of power supply issues and proactive replacement.
Additionally, the ASR1006-PWR-AC power supply requires 100-240VAC input voltage, 50-60Hz and it's important to verify that the power source meets the requirement before installing it.
Key Information about this Cisco ASR1006-PWR-AC
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU # ASR1006-PWR-AC
- Product Name: 1280 Watt Redundant AC Power Module
- Product Type: Power Module
Power Description of AC Power Module
- Output Power: 1275 Watt
- Input Voltage: 220 Volt AC
- Input Voltage: 110 Volt AC
About Refurbished Products
Many people have resorted to networking as the best alternative to services. There is a growing demand for a reliable networking system that will make it possible to collaborate and share data over the network. As a result, power outages and downtimes are undesirable. If you want to make your system more reliable and immune to disruptions, then buy a power module.
Obtain Increased Power and Cooling with Power Modules
Most of the power modules, such as the 15454-M6-AC Cisco AC power supply, have a total of 8 slots: two for redundancy and 6 for line card slots. These slots provide improved power cooling capabilities to keep the system running under optimal conditions. The form factor is also a universal one that can be mounted on any server rack in any part of the world.
Easy Installation on the Racks
Power modules can be designed to easily mount onto the racks. Some can easily sit on 19-inch, 21-inch, or 23-inch racks, but that depends on the power control module model in question. Each rack size has its design for airflow, which affects how you mount these power modules onto them. Installing power modules is never a difficult task, but you might need technical assistance if you are less experienced.
Warning Alarm for Failed Components
A power module always comes with fans for cooling. The number of fans that you will find in any module also depends on the model. Some power modules have one, two, three, or more fans. The fans are carefully monitored, and a failure of any of them triggers an alarm. For a multi-fan power module, the speeds of other fans are increased to compensate for the faulty one.
Power Modules Designed for Specific Applications
You cannot use just any power module for your system. You need to find the right one for the intended purpose. For example, if your system is HPE ProLiant D-series, then the appropriate power module to buy is 738024-B21 HP power supply. That should apply to any other model because they have different output power ratings.
Shopping for Power Modules Made Easy
ALLHDD is an all-in-one store for any power module and other computer hardware. You don't have to look for your power models in different places. Contact us to help in shopping for a power control module, specifically for your system. We also guarantee quality at the best price!
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASR1006-PWR-AC at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Power Supply - Power Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.