Effective Switch Configuration and Organization
The Cisco ONE Catalyst 4500 E-Series 6 Slots Switch Chassis (C1-C4506-E) is a powerful and versatile switch that offers high performance, scalability, and ease of use. To effectively configure and organize the switch, there are several key steps that need to be taken.
- Physical Installation: The first step in configuring the switch is to properly install it in the rack. Make sure that the switch is securely mounted and that all cables are connected.
- Basic Configuration: Before you can use the switch, you need to configure the basic settings such as IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and hostname. This can be done through the command line interface (CLI) or through the web-based graphical user interface (GUI).
- Network Connectivity: After the basic configuration is complete, you need to configure the switch for network connectivity. This involves creating VLANs, configuring switch ports, and setting up Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to allow for high-speed, redundant connections.
- Security Configuration: To ensure the security of the network, you need to configure security features such as access control lists (ACLs), port security, and 802.1X authentication.
- Monitoring and Management: To effectively manage the switch, it is important to configure monitoring and management features such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and syslog. This will allow you to monitor the switch and receive notifications of any issues.
- Organizing the Configuration: To keep the configuration organized and manageable, it is recommended to create a configuration template and use it for all switch deployments. This template should include all the basic settings, network connectivity configurations, security configurations, and monitoring and management configurations.
In conclusion, the effective configuration and organization of the Cisco ONE Catalyst 4500 E-Series 6 Slots Switch Chassis (C1-C4506-E) involves several key steps, including physical installation, basic configuration, network connectivity, security configuration, monitoring and management, and organizing the configuration. By following these steps, you can ensure high performance, scalability, and ease of use for your switch.
Streamlining Switch Maintenance and Upkeep
Streamlining switch maintenance and upkeep of the C1-C4506-E Cisco ONE Catalyst 4500 E-Series 6 Slots Switch Chassis is the process of optimizing and simplifying the procedures involved in maintaining and updating the switch. The following steps can be taken to streamline maintenance and upkeep:
- Centralized Management: Implementing a centralized management solution like Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) can provide a unified view of all switches and allow for batch updates, reducing maintenance time and effort.
- Automated Upgrades: Automating the upgrade process through a software image management system can reduce the time and effort required for switch upgrades.
- Software Inventory Management: Keeping track of all software versions installed on the switch and knowing which software versions are compatible with each other can help reduce the risk of software compatibility issues during upgrades.
- Backup Configuration: Regularly backing up the switch configuration can prevent loss of data and minimize downtime in the event of a failure.
- Monitoring Tools: Implementing network monitoring tools can provide real-time visibility into the switch's performance and allow for proactive problem resolution.
- Scheduling Maintenance Windows: Scheduling regular maintenance windows during off-peak hours can minimize the impact of maintenance on the network.
Quality of Service (QoS) and Traffic Management
The Cisco ONE Catalyst 4500 E-Series 6 Slots Switch Chassis (C1-C4506-E) supports Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic management through various mechanisms, such as prioritization, classification, marking, shaping, and policing.
- Prioritization: The switch supports 802.1p and DSCP-based prioritization, which allows assigning different levels of priority to different types of traffic based on the Layer 2 or Layer 3 header information. The switch can also map DSCP values to 802.1p priorities for compatibility with legacy devices.
- Classification: The switch supports multiple methods of traffic classification, such as access control lists (ACLs), policy maps, and class maps. These mechanisms allow categorizing traffic into different classes based on criteria such as source and destination IP addresses, protocols, ports, and VLANs.
- Marking: The switch supports marking the priority of traffic in the Layer 2 and Layer 3 headers, either through configuration or by using the classification mechanisms. The switch also supports modifying the marking of packets as they traverse the network.
- Shaping: The switch supports rate limiting, which allows controlling the amount of bandwidth that a specific class of traffic can consume. This helps prevent congestion and ensures that critical traffic such as voice or video can get the necessary bandwidth.
- Policing: The switch supports traffic policing, which allows limiting the amount of traffic that is sent to a specific class of traffic. This helps prevent excessive traffic from congesting the network and causing delays for other critical traffic.
The C1-C4506-E switch supports a flexible and scalable QoS and traffic management architecture that can adapt to different network requirements. The switch also supports advanced QoS features, such as hierarchical policing, WRED (Weighted Random Early Detection), and queuing algorithms such as WRR (Weighted Round Robin) and SP (Strict Priority).
General Information about this Cisco C1-C4506-E
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number C1-C4506-E
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 4500E
- Product Model 4506-E
- Product Name ONE Catalyst 4506-E Switch
- Product Type Switch Chassis
- Total Number of Network Ports 6
- Uplink Port No
- Modular Yes
- Stack Port No
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 6 x Expansion Slot
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 6
- Expansion Slot Type Line Card
- Expansion Slot Type Supervisor Engine
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 3
- Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
- Package Contents ONE Catalyst 4506-E Switch
Please contact us over the phone or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the estimated time of arrival for any "lead time required" item.
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C1-C4506-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.